New (kind of) - need to try new things

serialdieter71

Morning chaps & chappesses - I am not a new dieter (sadly) but I am back again, I seem to spend my life on some form of a diet, so I am taking a break from all the slimming clubs and just trying to eat sensibly & healthily, I know the weight won't come off as fast but I need to feel normal at some point in my life - I am 45 and have been dieting for as long as I remember. So this time I am just trying to eat low calorie, healthy portions whilst still allowing myself the occasional treat - anyone else tried this with any luck or am I just kidding myself!

Hi serialdieter71. I did very well using the 'my fitness pal' app. This was 3 and a half years ago, before I fell pregnant with my 2nd. I managed to lose about 5 stone by tracking my food and keeping an eye on my calories. The app will work out how many calories you should have a day, based on your height and weight and your level of activity.
I really liked it and, although I'm following slimming world, I'm still tracking what I eat through the app.

Good luck with your weight loss

This is basically what I'm doing, trying to change the way I eat so I can keep it up when I get to my goal. I find it easier if I don't have to count calories or points for every little thing I eat. I don't really deny myself anything but have tried to switch to healthier snacks. I can't tell you if works in the long run as I'm only 2 weeks in, but I think the key is being aware of what you are eating and how much you really need to eat to be full. Also I've found that it's easier if I make the foods I am eating interesting. Cook something new, use ingredients you've never tried before. I think we often get stuck eating the same old safe meals and it gets boring. Good luck on your journey, you can do it!

Back