New life begins tomorrow!!

SocialButterfly80

Good morning!
Have decided to start the exante diet tomorrow. Have done lots of research and have been really encouraged by all the comments I have read on here. Some of you are doing AMAZING!!
I am a married mum of two little boys and have decided 2012 is the year this weight has to go. I'm scared because I don't want to fail. It sounds hard work but no pain no gain I guess!
Can't believe that if I stick to it I could be the person I know I should be this time next year. 6 stone - I'm ready for you!!!

Looking forward to all the encouragement we can give each other.

Sarah x

Go for it Sarah. Exante (and similar vlcd) are all great for substantial weight loss if you put the effort in :) I lost 4 stone in 2010 on CD as I wasn't falling pregnant and was really despondent about my weight. I lost the weight in only 5 months in total and soon found out I was expecting a baby! I'm now back to lose the baby weight but it's so nice to know I won't have to wait all year to drop the extra pounds as I would on more convential diets.

I wish you every success with this plan and we are all here to support and cheer you on in your loss :)

Hi, I am also going to be starting Exante this week. Fingers crossed for some good results!
Lx

Thanks so much for your replies!
Allye - you have done fantastic! That is an amazing achievement! What a great reward having a little baby at the end of it! It is comforting to know it can be achieved but I bet it took some will power!

ItIsLucy- good luck as you start on your journey too. I really hope I stick to it - will just take one day at a time! Hopefully we can encourage each other!

Sarah x

allye said:
Go for it Sarah. Exante (and similar vlcd) are all great for substantial weight loss if you put the effort in :) I lost 4 stone in 2010 on CD as I wasn't falling pregnant and was really despondent about my weight. I lost the weight in only 5 months in total and soon found out I was expecting a baby! I'm now back to lose the baby weight but it's so nice to know I won't have to wait all year to drop the extra pounds as I would on more convential diets.

It's really motivating me hearing stories like yours. We've been ttc for 4 years with no luck. I need to lose some weight before they will offer me any infertility treatment, but I am kinda hoping that once I start losing a few pounds it might happen naturally! :-s

SocialButterfly80 said:
ItIsLucy- good luck as you start on your journey too. I really hope I stick to it - will just take one day at a time! Hopefully we can encourage each other!

Sarah x

I'm really hoping I stick to it too. Have tried weightwatchers on and off for years with not much success. Hoping this will be it this time. Definitely up for a bit of mutual encouragement! :)
Lx

I lost 3 stone on WW last year and have put most of it back on! Got disheartened only losing 1-2 pounds a week as think I need quicker results. Really hope we can both do this x

good luck - its worth the effort and this site is fantastic.

when in doubt try water first, it usually helps.
GSQ

Thank you for you warm welcome!
Getslimquick you have done amazing! I hope I have the determination you have shown. You must be so proud of yourself? Did you ever do meals out on special occasions or just stick to it rigidly?

Darcy15 I think this will be our year! Let's be unrecognisable by the end of it!

Sarah x

Welcome to Exante :)

I'm starting tomorro as well! Woop woop socialbutterfly80 it wont be easy, but it will be worth it look, plus u can come on here.and have a natter and get loads of good advice ;)

Thanks so much for your replies!
Allye - you have done fantastic! That is an amazing achievement! What a great reward having a little baby at the end of it! It is comforting to know it can be achieved but I bet it took some will power!
Sarah x

Yes and no; the great thing about very low calorie diets is the lack of hunger - the one thing I cannot cope with is feeling hungry. I think the main issue is losing food and booze as a coping device; when I've had a bad day something yummy and a glass of wine is my first thought so you really need to think about what you can have ready to do when such occasions occur. The diet works as long as you do (personally I have taken to tidying or having a bath - neither me or the house have ever been this clean!) ;)

It's really motivating me hearing stories like yours. We've been ttc for 4 years with no luck. I need to lose some weight before they will offer me any infertility treatment, but I am kinda hoping that once I start losing a few pounds it might happen naturally! :-s

I know quite a few people who have suddenly fallen after losing a few pounds. Personally I was still a couple of stones from 'ideal weight' but that loss of 4 stone obviously was just what my body needed. I also think that having something else to focus on; losing weight instead of ttc, really helps take that stress away and your body reacts to that. Fingers crossed!

SocialButterfly80 said:
Thank you for you warm welcome!
Getslimquick you have done amazing! I hope I have the determination you have shown. You must be so proud of yourself? Did you ever do meals out on special occasions or just stick to it rigidly?

Darcy15 I think this will be our year! Let's be unrecognisable by the end of it!

Sarah x

Well at risk of being contentious - I did not do add a meal week as such, but on the days when I had to eat - socially, work, birthdays etc I did a WS day. Three packets / or two and a bar and a very low carb meal. This seemed to work out about one a week or so, sometimes not at all. The rest of the time it was TS and occasional coke zero. Lots of green tea and Pellagrino - delivered to work! I can do style!!!

I am very pleased, proud as punch and delighted that I have had the support of this site all through the highs and lows.

GSQ

Welcome, and good luck.....I find day 2 the hardest, so just make sure you have a bottle of water with you always and when that hunger pang comes, just sip water.....

Looking forward to ready your journey

SocialButterfly80 said:
Thanks everybody - really given me motivation to begin! Looking forward to seeing 'less' of each other over the weeks ahead!

X

:)

Welcome and good luck honey. The first 2-3 days are hardest but there are some really lovely people on here who have just got me through week 1.

I couldnt get food out of my head at first but I read on someones status "nothig tastes as good as being slim feels", which I tell myself evertime I felt weak.

You can do it hun x.

Back