New need support please ....

Apeburney

:confused: Well having reached that time of the year, summers nearly over kids & me back to work next week now is the time to get this weight of,once and for all, tried everything over the years without long lasting success. Now having spent the first part of my life (im 45) on a diet im determined not to spend the next 45 on one !!!! At 13.5 stone heaviest ever been apart from pregnancys and and 5.3 not a good look !!!!! Have got these what I would hope magical pills winging there way to me sooooo what do i do what shall I eat or not !!! 2 boys under 11 and 1 hubby to take into account, any advice please xx

Hi changing the way you cook and the foods you eat, is a good start :) if you eat a lot of processed packaged foods - start buying fresh - my OH and 2 young sons didn't notice any difference in taste .. They enjoyed having fresh home cooked meals better :)

Cooking with a spray oil or just wiping the pan with a paper towel with oil on it, cooking with extra lean meats

The biggest rule is that all items must be 5g total fat per 100g !!! So go through your cupboards and bin all things that you eat that are over 5g per 100g!

We all tend to count kcals too using myfitnesspal phone app or web site :)

Eating more salads and veggies (frozen or fresh) with extra low fat dressings or mayo - most sauces and dressings can be bought low fat and within the rules :)

I make spag Bol and stews using no extra oil just the juices in the lean meats, I use a low/ med heat to cook with as a high heat burns everything ;) lol

I and others love the 2 hairy dieter's cook books! Just use less oil and extra lean meats :)

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/0297869051
The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers)
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/0297870475

That's great advice thanks very much i do eat quiet healthy believe it or not its just the portion sizes i need to be ware of and knock the wine on the head ! I.ll have a look @ the links you have me to thanks again, in terms of calories does that work ? Wat sort of calories should i be aiming for?
DOH really daft i no b it ive got to make this work am fed up with every sums every since my kids being born hiding away from the camera !!!

That's fab thank u so much for your advice. I do eat relatively healthy anyway believe it or not )! It's just my portion sizes and wine need to sort out ........ What sort of calories should i be aiming for do oh think? I ve got an IPhone so i can get that app your on about im sure , also had a look @ the link and just purchased the book, i loved that programe so hoping theres some nice stuff in there as i dont usually do cook books
Anyway great to hear from you, gonna need support to get this 2 stone of !
thanks
xx

If you put your details into myfitnesspal it should tell you, it's not recommend that you eat under 1200 a day, unless your doing a "fast" like with the 5:2 diet.

There is loads of support here :)

Back