New on here and got to lose some weight!!

joolzbee

I really need support to get some weight off, hence I've joined this forum. I used to be a size 10 but since I've developed arthritis and had 3 hip replacements I'm not very mobile and have packed it on - currently I'm weighing in at 15st 2 lbs...and a size 18/20...I just don't know how to shift it when I can't exercise!! I do take my dogs out every day, but its a matter of putting them in the car and taking them somewhere they can run while I walk very slowly with stick and numerous stops.
I'm considering joining Weightwatchers, but I don't want a huge group, something smaller and more personal - there is one a couple of miles from me....I live alone and have no one to kick me up the rear when I grab the chocolate or cake....and I'm pretty short on willpower to boot....help needed very badly !! :cry:

Hi Joolzbee.
Do you have a local slimming world group?
I've done weight watchers a few times over the years but have recently started SW & it is so easy, really friendly & supportive and most importantly, very effective!
I know it's daunting going into a group on your own as I too have done it, everyone is there for there same reason though & they all help you along your way!
Good luck, whichever route you choose :)

Hi Joolzbee

Swimming/aqua aerobics and stationary cycling are good cardio exercises which are safe after hip replacement. Upper body work using a resistance band would be good too - it would really get your heart and lungs working, burn a fair few calories and tone you up nicely. Group is a good idea, I'm with SW and yes it was a bit daunting walking in alone the first time, but everyone is so nice. Keep posting! x

Hi and welcome. The classes are very friendly and helpful. You could ring a leader and see what you think.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Back