New Phase of Life. <3

LoveRosie

Hi guys,

Just been reading some of the posts here, find them so inspirational when days are tough, thankyou so much! My starting weight was 13 stone5 and lost a bit slowly down to exercise and giving up alcohol. This summer I went from 12 stone 9 to 9 stone 13 on Lipotrim, best thing I have ever done. After one week of Refeed and one of Maintenance (basically refeed again) I'm now 9 stone 10. Would love to hear any advice you all have for the long term, good tips etc for maintaining weight.

Also, do you still find yourselves 'obsessing' over what you can/cant have or does it calm down? I feel a bit crazy. I've been weighing myself every day..

Can't wait to get to know you :)

Rosie x

ok i think i'll just crack on and write what I had yesterday! even if no one reads this I'd like to put it down somewhere.

i was in my college flat and forgot my shaker :cry:so had a tin of tuna, lettuce and 2 rye cracker things with balsamic vinegar (which i LOVE). then cup of tea yum. that was a weird breakfast! came home for lunch and had a choc shake with peppermint tea cooled, still enjoying shakes! for dinner i cooked for the fam, which I would never have done pre lipotrim, i made cod in lemon with mixed veg and had a potato. Stayed up late studying and had a banana and yoghurt late.

Drank 3 litres of water but finding it hard not to drink piles of diet coke, want to keep it as a treat. Went for a walk and a swim today also.

Hi Rosie ... nice to meet you :)

Well done, you've done REALLY well, you should be so proud.

I'm afraid I can't reassure you that maintenance gets easier because my experience is that it doesn't :( It's a constant battle - losing the weight really IS the easy bit.
I'm sorry I can't be more positive for you and I DO hope that your experience is different .... not every one is like me I'm sure.

I reasure myself that no matter how difficult it is - it's preferable to the alternative of still being hugely overweight. I'm over target at the moment but nowhere near whatIi was three years ago, The trick is to nip it in the bud and sort it out before it becomes unmanagable! (Shame we don't always listen to our own advice!) ;)

It's very quiet around here at the moment but stick around - it'll liven up again I'm sure!

By the way - there's no harm in some diet coke - though coke zero is preferable. Half a litre here and there is fine! x

Hi Jan,

thanks for replying, good to hear from you- great inspiration!
I've kind of realised now that I do just feel differently about food than my thin friends, and always will. i think you're right though, any difficulties an extra effort are preferable to feeling like less of a person because you can't wear nice clothes, feel healthy or look your best!

Do you keep a food diary online? if so, could I see? sorry i'm not great with technology.

Hope it does pick up,

Thanks

if I don't keep writing this online, I know I will pick!
Ok, today was mad, have an assignment due in tomorrow and selling our house so big clean up-lots of movement! and a swim!
Breakfast- Vanilla shake with coffee (still have TFR shakes btw)
Snack-half banana, it was huge
Lunch- so yum, tuna and rye crackers with salad and balsamic vinegar
Snack-apple
Dinner-chicken and veg (no sauce) stir fried and a pitta
Late (again but the assignment is FINISHED)- apple and yoghurt.

i don't find i am craving rubbish but definitely couldn't do without my fruit, am i eating too much?
have a good friend who did LT a couple of years ago and she said she ate much less than this...

Still chatting away to myself then...:eek:
Today I had an apple and coffee before work and at work for my 'breakfast' I had a tin of tuna, 3 rye crackers and some lettuce and balsamic vinegar. Had a vanilla shake then for lunch and trekked into college to put in the infamous assignment! Only to bump into the hottest guy in college, the look of shock on his face was such incentive :p!!! Had an apple then and tried my first maintenance bar for dinner! think theyre a winner!! satisfying but not moreish ans oh so handy. bit dry, had two cups of tea. Weigh in tomorrow, excited! am feeling peckish now, i hope im not getting used to my late night yog and fruit!! will break that tonight. water front was good today.

hope someone reads this soon..... lonely :cry:

Hi Rosie
Well done on your weight loss, brill result! I have maintained since beginning of June and had lots of events to cope with such as holidays, parties and so on! I Keep going up and down within 5lbs and don't want it to get anymore. Hoping to go back to Lipotrim in a few weeks to get another stone off but happy with what I am at the moment. Keep dipping in on here as it keeps us going knowing others are in the same boat.
The maintance caramel bars are yummy I make sure I keep them in stock.
Keep up the good work.
Julie x

Sorry you're lonely Rosie :eek: ... There are a few of us around as a rule but I'm up the wall with stuff right now, Tanya is on holiday and others tend to look mostly on their phones - where it's not so easy to see new threads.

I don't thing you're eating too much at all! The scales will be the judge in the end though won't they? ... I bet you'll be really pleased. Never mind what other people eat/ate/whatever - we're all different.

I don't keep a diary of food as such on line at the moment however there are links to all my diaries on the first page of my thread. I could really do with getting my finger out mysef - I've been struggling for quite some time now and will be going away in 3 weeks a stone heavier than last year - which I'm not happy about but yet don't seem to be able to do anything about :(:(

Anyway - I look foward to seeing the result of your wi. I used to love the maintenance bars as well - I still do like the taste but find them a bit hard now .... I think it's an age thing re my teeth unfortunately :( . I DO use the Tesco meal replacement bars and Biggest Loser breakfast bars - though not necessarily for breakfast ;(

Keep it up - you're doing great!! :D x

How was the weigh-in hon?? :) x

Hey Guys,
WI Friday, stayedthe same! wooo!
before work i had 0%yog with a tsp muesli. then had a shake at work. flew round house to get ready for my galway trip, brought a packed lunch on bus! diet coke, maint bar, apple. another yog (bus journey 4hours!:O)

at my friends I had a small portion of spag bol and garlicbread (naughty!) and a glass of vino.

Stuck to G&Ts after that but didn't get take away- when the girls had curry cheese chips I had acupoftea.

SOOOOOO TIRED, and sleeping in my friends house :) movie night.

no guilt- great night. will be good now! also swam in the sea was beautiful in Galway.

Finding it so odd to get my head around my new shape/size. Wonder if anyone else felt like this? Am so used to being the biggest out of all my friends, at some points I look at myself and feel great but sometimes still feel fat (even though I know I'm healthy). Find this forum so helpful, like I'm accountable for my intake. Otherwise I find myself freaking out because I can't tell if I've overeaten- hope I get used to this feeling!

Yesterday I had a maintenance bar for breakfast but no real lunch as I was travelling. Instead throughout the day I ate two apples, a yoghurt and granola pot and some crackers. For dinner I had salmon, salad and rye crackers. Didn't feel as in control yesterday due to the snacking and couldn't help myself to a chocolate mallow thing in my friends :( felt really guilty after that, didn't even enjoy the chocolate. Went for a run with the girls!

Back on track today. Went for a run this morning and had a maintenance bar for breakfast...

I'm on nights tonight and I find it difficult to plan food while on night duty, any tips? :)

So happy to be able to write this down here, such a relief!!

Snap - I'm on nights too. I don't really have any different issues whether I'm sleeping at night or in the day. I DO get good sleeps in the day though. I always have my breakie & evening meal at the same sort of times and I have my lunch either in the middle of the day or the middle of the night. The only day I have more is the day I start because I'm up all day and all night so I have an extra meal - but that balances out the day i finish because I have my breakie before going to bed, sleep and then my evening meal when i get up .... I can sleep all day and go back to bed and sleep all night too!!

If you find you need more food than usual - try sticking to high protein stuff and it shouldn't make any difference.

It sounds like you had a good break - you won't have done any harm, certainly not if you're straight back on the straight and narrow.

You WILL get used to the new you, but in the meantime enjoy the great new feelings :):) x

Well done on your STS Rosie, good result!

I may be going back on shakes soon to get a bit of control back food wise, this maintaining lark is not easy by any means but sounds as though you have made a brilliant start, stick with it!

I'm on maintenance having lost 18lbs on LT in a month, inc 1 week's re-feeding. The biggest problem for me is the maintenance bars. I LOVE THEM! I can have 2 at a time, but then, if I get distracted won't eat again, because they are filling!!! Am trying to lose another 4 lbs by having 2 shakes/whip a day, and one meal of chicken breast and salad. I'm at a lowish weight (for me) so the weight is not coming off so quickly. I take lots of vitamins, and have been in touch with Val at LT, who has been really really helpful. Good luck in your 'journey'! Keep us posted on your progress. We're all struggling here!!!!

Back