New road, same destination. 54lb gone, 56lb to go!! Sarah is on the CD highway :)

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi,

Well, here I am again!! Iv been following calorie counting and exercise for some time now but despite my best efforts, Im no longer losing weight. A big factor in this is that I get severe migraines every month with my monthly cycle which I take a whole cocktail of medication for, which is preventing me losing weight and is in fact making me gain now :( This medication will be getting changed by my consultant but its a long winded process. I also have a rather bad knee injury which is to have surgery on at some point this year so Id like to lose as much as I can before that, and as exercise is limited, a VLCD seems my best option. With this in mind I have decided to give cambridge my 100% commitment to lose this 58lb I still have to go to reach my goal of 147lb :)

My Plan:-

I will spend 12 weeks following SS+ but as just CD products and no food. I hope to lose 42lb on this stage. I will then progress up the plans, losing the remaining 19 lb until I reach maintenance :) It really doesnt seem that long or appear that hard when I look at it here, but I know from experience, this type of diet is one of the easiest but is also one of the hardest to do! But Im determined to do this!!

I went to see my CDC today, so I have my packs and been weighed (14st 12lb/208lb) but Im not actually starting until Monday 1st April. So im using this week as preparation by increasing my water intake and reducing my carbs for an easier transition. Il take all my measurements and will take some before pics too :)

I feel quite excited to be starting and Iv been very inspired by the stories iv read on here so far and I cant wait to add mine as one of those success stories later this year :)

Sarah x

Last edited:
Day One...

I have just had my first shake :) I had a chocolate flavored shake which I have never tried before, and was pleasantly surprised :) I am going to take some 'before' pics and measurements today and then will take them again every 4 weeks to follow my progress. I am soooo excited to see how I get on!! My 12 weeks doing p90x went so fast but with out seeing any real change in my weightloss or size so to be following a new 12 week plan that will have definate and obvious changes is amazing!! :)

I did intend to use the last week as a 'prep' week but the last few days ended up as 'eat what I like' weekend!! I didnt eat loads but to go from watching what I eat to not watching what I eat had its consequences and I felt totally full and bloated all day yesterday. So I will totally embrace my CD and on the tough days I will remember how the last few days have made me feel!

I am expecting to get a headache later and over the next few days so I will make sure I keep my water intake up. I am also going to keep myself busy as I am decorating so that is going to help me get through these first few days. It is all non toxic paint so it wont affect the headaches either :)

I shall be well established on my CD by the time I go back to work too, as I have 2 weeks off :) So its perfect timing for me to be starting CD :)

I hope everyone had a fab Easter and enjoying this long bank holiday break :) x

Day One...

I have just had my first shake :) I had a chocolate flavored shake which I have never tried before, and was pleasantly surprised :) I am going to take some 'before' pics and measurements today and then will take them again every 4 weeks to follow my progress. I am soooo excited to see how I get on!! My 12 weeks doing p90x went so fast but with out seeing any real change in my weightloss or size so to be following a new 12 week plan that will have definate and obvious changes is amazing!! :)

I did intend to use the last week as a 'prep' week but the last few days ended up as 'eat what I like' weekend!! I didnt eat loads but to go from watching what I eat to not watching what I eat had its consequences and I felt totally full and bloated all day yesterday. So I will totally embrace my CD and on the tough days I will remember how the last few days have made me feel!

I am expecting to get a headache later and over the next few days so I will make sure I keep my water intake up. I am also going to keep myself busy as I am decorating so that is going to help me get through these first few days. It is all non toxic paint so it wont affect the headaches either :)

I shall be well established on my CD by the time I go back to work too, as I have 2 weeks off :) So its perfect timing for me to be starting CD :)

I hope everyone had a fab Easter and enjoying this long bank holiday break :) x

Hey there :) welcome to CD!
I started on the 3rd March and have lost 18lbs so far, it really works :) and it gets better after a few days. keep the paracetamol on standby too, hot baths and early nights are good during the first week or so then you will feel fab!
Alli xx

Hey there :) welcome to CD!
I started on the 3rd March and have lost 18lbs so far, it really works :) and it gets better after a few days. keep the paracetamol on standby too, hot baths and early nights are good during the first week or so then you will feel fab!
Alli xx

Thank you Alli :) Wow, you have done amazing!! Well done. My first day is going to plan so im really pleased so far, I cant wait to see what I lose next monday :) Im hoping to be 13st something :) but the lower end of the 14's will be great too. Thanks again :) xx

Day 3 ....

I have had an awful headache/start of migraine since I woke this morning :( Im not sure if its to do with this diet or a hormone inbalance, which Im prone to! I have taken my usual migraine meds but its not cleared it unfortunately. So im just keeping on track and drinking lots of water, about 3l a day a recommended. Im sure il feel much better in a day or two.

Other than that, Im going strong, feel really focused and positive and looking forward to getting into ketosis and my first weigh in on Monday :) Nearly half way through my first week already :) x

Headaches are very common on day 3 - peak of carb withdrawal I believe! Water will help, as will pain killers, and you will feel so much better so very soon! Well done on sticking to it so well so far, time really does fly on this diet - I am in the middle of week 14 now and can't believe we are in April already!

Headaches are very common on day 3 - peak of carb withdrawal I believe! Water will help, as will pain killers, and you will feel so much better so very soon! Well done on sticking to it so well so far, time really does fly on this diet - I am in the middle of week 14 now and can't believe we are in April already!

Thank you. I do feel much better today, I think the headache is to do with my hormones aswell unfortunately :( But as far as CD is concerned, Im feeling great today :) Couldnt help but check and I am now in ketosis which is great :) Well done you!! You have done amazingly!! I cant wait to clock up some weeks and poundage lost lol

Day 4....

Today has gone well, glad to be in ketosis :) Very excited to be over half way through week one and heading towards my first weigh in :) x

Day 6.....

My first weigh in is fast approaching :) Must admit, im feeling great now that im in ketosis and have a good routine with my shakes :) I certainly feel less bloated despite how much water im drinking!! 2-2.5 litres a day plus what I use with my shakes so im on track with it. Cant believe how quick my first week is going by!! :) Hope everyone else is doing great too x

Day 6.....

My first weigh in is fast approaching :) Must admit, im feeling great now that im in ketosis and have a good routine with my shakes :) I certainly feel less bloated despite how much water im drinking!! 2-2.5 litres a day plus what I use with my shakes so im on track with it. Cant believe how quick my first week is going by!! :) Hope everyone else is doing great too x

Good luck lovely, im sure you'll have done great. :)

Good luck!! Im on day 14 and it really has flown past!!! Can't belive thats 2 weeks gone! My advice just take each day as it comes! xx

Thank you!! Yes it sure does fly by, though I cant wait to start seeing big changes :) Typical woman, I want it all now lol xx

Day 8......

I v just had to edit my diary and stats as just realised i started 3 lb more than i thought, silly me!! I dont think il now reach my next stone mark but hope to next week :) I have my weigh in at 6 tonight so im quite excited :) Wish me luck!! :) x

Just had my weigh in.......5lb off........a little disappointed but its still 5lb off and was a bad week with migraine so I had to have a couple of low carb meals, which I really didnt want to do!! However, its a new week and iv high hopes so focussing on my next weigh in :) x

Just had my weigh in.......5lb off........a little disappointed but its still 5lb off and was a bad week with migraine so I had to have a couple of low carb meals, which I really didnt want to do!! However, its a new week and iv high hopes so focussing on my next weigh in :) x

5lb is great! I'll be happy with 5lb this week, I had an awful weekend so I'm not expecting a lot. How are you finding CD?? I find it difficult some days and a breeze the next :/ I can't wait til these 12 weeks are over! Hoping to shift a big chunk of weight between now and then. How did you lose your weight before CD? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5lb is great! I'll be happy with 5lb this week, I had an awful weekend so I'm not expecting a lot. How are you finding CD?? I find it difficult some days and a breeze the next :/ I can't wait til these 12 weeks are over! Hoping to shift a big chunk of weight between now and then. How did you lose your weight before CD? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins[/QUOTE

Aw thank you!! I am pleased with 5lb, more is always good though lol. I lost the first weight with calorie counting and exercise but after a while it just stopped and no amount of effort shifts it. I have since learnt its due to the medication I take for migraine which I take every day, twice a day so its always going to be difficult to lose while im on them :( So CD seemed the best option for me just now.

You have done amazingly too!! How have you been losing so far? What week of CD are you on?

Im like you, some days are easy and some are harder. I find my worst time is when Im not busy!! So I try to plan things in advance to get me through. It seems to be working so far :)

Have you told your friends and family you are on CD? I havent, only my very closest friends. Im not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing lol xx

You've done brill with calorie counting and exercise! I don't have the willpower for that! Give me an inch I take a mile where food is concerned, I'm better off just cutting it out, so CD is great for me.
I started a while ago, October 2011, I found out I was pregnant though so had to stop, started again January. Only just got my bmi below 40 to start SS, this is my second week. But I had a binge the weekend so knocked out of ketosis and 4lbs of my first week 9lb loss is back on :(. Feeling really deflated today, like its never going to come off.
All of my family and friends know, but I understand why you haven't told any! It does get a bit annoying being asked everyday how its going!! They mean well but it just reminds me that I'm on a bloody diet!!

You've done brill with calorie counting and exercise! I don't have the willpower for that! Give me an inch I take a mile where food is concerned, I'm better off just cutting it out, so CD is great for me.
I started a while ago, October 2011, I found out I was pregnant though so had to stop, started again January. Only just got my bmi below 40 to start SS, this is my second week. But I had a binge the weekend so knocked out of ketosis and 4lbs of my first week 9lb loss is back on :(. Feeling really deflated today, like its never going to come off.
All of my family and friends know, but I understand why you haven't told any! It does get a bit annoying being asked everyday how its going!! They mean well but it just reminds me that I'm on a bloody diet!!

Aw bless ya!! We all have 'hiccups' hunnie!! The important thing is to realise when you have and why and to try and avoid it.....but more importantly is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start right back again!! Which you clearly have, so well done!! And ul soon have those few pounds back off!!

Im an all or nothing girl too, I like that I can take food totally out the equasion! I did Lighter life a few years back, which I found so easy but this time on CD its so much harder. Not because its a different plan, just because Im more knowledgable of it!! I was better when I knew nothing and followed it to the letter!! But like you, I fell pregnant back then which was a huge shock as I was told id never have a second child!! So now I have my 16 yr old and I have my 4 year old :) I put 6 stone on in the 6 months that I knew I was pregnant, and still fighting to get it off 4 years on!! But its coming off, thats the main thing!! Im at my half way point now but I sure hope it wont take me 4 more years lol Im thinking more like 4 months lol xx

Aw bless ya!! We all have 'hiccups' hunnie!! The important thing is to realise when you have and why and to try and avoid it.....but more importantly is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start right back again!! Which you clearly have, so well done!! And ul soon have those few pounds back off!!

Im an all or nothing girl too, I like that I can take food totally out the equasion! I did Lighter life a few years back, which I found so easy but this time on CD its so much harder. Not because its a different plan, just because Im more knowledgable of it!! I was better when I knew nothing and followed it to the letter!! But like you, I fell pregnant back then which was a huge shock as I was told id never have a second child!! So now I have my 16 yr old and I have my 4 year old :) I put 6 stone on in the 6 months that I knew I was pregnant, and still fighting to get it off 4 years on!! But its coming off, thats the main thing!! Im at my half way point now but I sure hope it wont take me 4 more years lol Im thinking more like 4 months lol xx

Had another 'hiccup'!! I really don't know what's wrong with me this week. My head is just not in it at all. Well back on it today. It's just getting harder every time I restart. For me it's going to be more like 4 years at this rate!! How have you been the last few days? xx

Had another 'hiccup'!! I really don't know what's wrong with me this week. My head is just not in it at all. Well back on it today. It's just getting harder every time I restart. For me it's going to be more like 4 years at this rate!! How have you been the last few days? xx

Aw hunnie, big hugs!! I know it is sooooo hard!! Maybe you would be better to try 810?? If I struggle, thats my back up plan!! So far this week iv been ok, I find it hard but im just managing hour by hour, day by day lol There is a girl at my sons nursery who i have watched melt away these last 5 months, very inspirational as she did it with CD, and looks like a totally different person. She some times had a low carb meal when it was tough. So id rather do that than give up. You see hunnie, there are options!! Dont feel that you only have 'do' or 'dont'. Im sure you will get there, as will I, even if we take a different route!

How has your first day back been? x

Back