new start - 2 stone to lose

Joey34

Hi all
I'm looking forward to starting exante tomorrow morning . I have 2 stone to lose and really need to lose it as soon as I can. I do worry about occasions over the next few weeks where I'm supposed to go for drinks or dinner. I can miss most but does anyone have advice on what to do if you do go out?

Welcome and good luck, I'm on week 3 and managed to dodge any outings so far so cannot give advise but someone will be along with great advice. If it was me and you could pick a kale salad with chicken or fish maybe think it's mainly greens that keep you in ketosis but not 100% on that x

Hi there,
I'm on Day 3. Did you order a selection of stuff or just go for the shakes?

Hi and welcome,

I've been on Exante since 18th Jan and in that time I've had a few times where I've been out for drinks and dinner. If it's drinks only, then I don't drink, however when there has been dinner to eat I've tried to plan in advance what I am eating (not always successful) and generally try to stick with protein (such as chicken, steak or fish) and salad only - again not always successfully!

Good luck

Sadie

Hey Joey,

I just started today, also have about 2 stone to lose. I've been on a similar sort of diet before and lost weight successfully on it. So from experience, my advice to you would be just don't go. Short term sacrifices, long term gain as they say. There will always be time for it in the future. If it's something you can't get out of (like a friend's bday) then just avoid carbs completely. Eat egg/chicken/fish/meat with greens or other veg/salad as this will keep you in ketosis (though it may stall your losses for that week) and completely avoid alcohol and sugary drinks.

Hope this helps.
Good luck !!

Welcome and good luck, I'm on week 3 and managed to dodge any outings so far so cannot give advise but someone will be along with great advice. If it was me and you could pick a kale salad with chicken or fish maybe think it's mainly greens that keep you in ketosis but not 100% on that x
Thanks so much. That sounds like a good plan. I hope you are doing good 3 weeks in ☺

Hi there,
I'm on Day 3. Did you order a selection of stuff or just go for the shakes?
Hi Sarah, I ordered a selection. I'm trying the pancakes or porridge for breakfast, soup 4 lunch and a meal like the spaghetti for dinner. How are you finding it? Are you enjoying the shakes?

Hi and welcome,

I've been on Exante since 18th Jan and in that time I've had a few times where I've been out for drinks and dinner. If it's drinks only, then I don't drink, however when there has been dinner to eat I've tried to plan in advance what I am eating (not always successful) and generally try to stick with protein (such as chicken, steak or fish) and salad only - again not always successfully!

Good luck

Sadie
Thanks Sadie, it's goung to be hard to stay from the glasses of wine on a Saturday night, ill just need to keep thinking of why I'm doing this

Hey Joey,

I just started today, also have about 2 stone to lose. I've been on a similar sort of diet before and lost weight successfully on it. So from experience, my advice to you would be just don't go. Short term sacrifices, long term gain as they say. There will always be time for it in the future. If it's something you can't get out of (like a friend's bday) then just avoid carbs completely. Eat egg/chicken/fish/meat with greens or other veg/salad as this will keep you in ketosis (though it may stall your losses for that week) and completely avoid alcohol and sugary drinks.

Hope this helps.
Good luck !!
Thanks Lisa. All the very best with your weight loss, I haven't found the first day too bad, hopefully we will get our routine goung. And thanks for the advice, you're right. ☺

Good luck with the start tomorrow.
I'm just coming to the end of my first week. Overall not as bad as I feared.

Thanks so much. That sounds like a good plan. I hope you are doing good 3 weeks in ☺

I've just had my 3rd weigh in and lost 17lbs so not bad so far I don't think. How are you getting on x

Hi Sarah, I ordered a selection. I'm trying the pancakes or porridge for breakfast, soup 4 lunch and a meal like the spaghetti for dinner. How are you finding it? Are you enjoying the shakes?
I've ordered a range of everything really. I'm on day 4 and I'm find them hit and miss. I've managed to eat them all apart from the eggs. The shepherds pie was filling and the bars are filling. I just see this month as an experiment and I'm sure next month I'll know what to order.

Good luck for your first day :)

Back