• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New start - 7 stone aim!!

Hi..

My name is nathan and my aim is to lose just over 7 stone in weight (87lb) by the end of the year, in order to this i will need to lose aproximately 12lb per month, a hard feat to achieve, but not impossible.

I plan to do this, by adopting a healthy eating regime and also adopting a rigerous exercise regime, to do this i will every few days post on this forum what i have eaten and what i have done at the gym.

I have been struggling with my weight for the past two years, up until i was 17, i was actually underweight for my height (6 foot 4), however in the past four years i have balooned out due to lack of exercise and a poor diet.

Starting Weight: 18.11 stone (254lb)

Goal Weight: 11.9 stone (167lb)

Target Loss: 7.2 stone (87lb)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
hi, and welcome, it looks like you have a plan and good luck with your journey, 12lb a month is quite a bit so dont get all caught up in numbers,
have a look at others stats to get some inspiration and keep posting
it might be good for you to buddy up with someone
:)

Hi Nathan, good luck with your goals. I'm also adopting a complete lifestyle change and although it can be challenging, I just have to remember how it felt after I'd eaten a takeaway followed by chocolate and that makes me realise I'm on the right path. I agree that you should take note of your measurements too because that can be really motivating and comforting if for any reason you don't lose your target amount of weight - losing inches is pretty cool, too.

Hi..

My name is nathan and my aim is to lose just over 7 stone in weight (87lb) by the end of the year, in order to this i will need to lose aproximately 12lb per month, a hard feat to achieve, but not impossible.

I plan to do this, by adopting a healthy eating regime and also adopting a rigerous exercise regime, to do this i will every few days post on this forum what i have eaten and what i have done at the gym.

I have been struggling with my weight for the past two years, up until i was 17, i was actually underweight for my height (6 foot 4), however in the past four years i have balooned out due to lack of exercise and a poor diet.

Starting Weight: 18.11 stone (254lb)

Goal Weight: 11.9 stone (167lb)

Target Loss: 7.2 stone (87lb)

Hi Nathan,

Good luck with the weight loss & let us know how it goes with the exercise, I'm doing a very similar routine :).

For your height though, isn't a goal of 11.9 bordering on underweight? It's 19.5 on the BMI scale and even 12.7 stones is only 21.
Don't lose too much :p

KookieDoh

Ugly duckling going Swan.
:welcome::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Hi Nathan,

Good luck with the weight loss & let us know how it goes with the exercise, I'm doing a very similar routine :).

For your height though, isn't a goal of 11.9 bordering on underweight? It's 19.5 on the BMI scale and even 12.7 stones is only 21. Don't lose too much :p
I suppose i just want to restore my former glory, so it probably is a bit excessive, and also i have more muscle now, so i would be happy to reach 13 stone, though more importantly, lose the tyre.

In regards to my health plan, i hav'nt managed to go to the gym this week yet, though i will be going both tommorow and sunday, and i am also limiting myself to 2000 calories a day, 500 for each of my three meals, and another 500 allowed for snacks.

What is the healthy BMI range??

A healthy BMI range is 18.5-25 I believe. But do whatever suits you. Personally I set an initial target (of just a healthy BMI,) but I plan to review it once I get there and probably lower it until I'm comfortable.

You could set an "initial" target like I did (say, 13 stone, as you mentioned,) and then see how you feel when you get there and review it/lower it according to how you feel. I found setting an initial target more managable, too. But totally up to you.

Best of luck with the weightloss.

Hi all..

Will be weighing myself tommorow and expect to of lost a few pounds, though nothing much.

Been to the gym twice this week which is on par with previous weeks, so need to up the amount of times i go, previous weeks have been 2,2,0,2,0,0,2 so that definitely need upping to at least four, have also upped my routine..

190lb leg presses - 200 of them
120lb ab crunches - 200 of them
100lb latteral pulls 200 of them
5000metres on rower at level 10

Went to the gym yesterday and am aching, so a good workout, i am also going to go tommorow.

Forgot about the weigh-in, but will do that tommorow and postthe results.

Also decided that i am cutting out bread, should save an average of about 500 calories a day.

I have weighed myself today, and i am 18 stone, 11 pounds, which means to reach my target weight of 11 stone, 13 pounds, i must lose 6 stone, 12 pounds, and i am aiming for 10 pounds per month, which will mean i reach my target weight hopefully early next year.

Weighed on June 1st and was 18'8, so a loss of 3lb.

Have hit some monetry issues, so i have had to cancel my gym membership, however ave taken to walking more often so i am hopeful of a loss during June.

Hi Nathan. Just came across your post. Hope the first few days is going well and that you are finding things OK. Just wanted to say good luck. I have just under 6 stone to lose so I am wishing you all the best and hoping we are both successful! x