• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New start every day this week.....

Hi All,

I lurk about these boards a bit, but dont post very often at all.

I was just reading peoples thoughts about re-starting, and it is all sooooooooo true. I have been trying to re-start all week - and managing to get to tea-time at best, then giving in and having some food - but not the sensible dinner I could have - whatever rubbish I can cram into my gob.

Anyway, I am booked in to see my CDC tonight, and am giving myself an ultimatum of sticking with it 110% or going with the 'normal, healthy eating' that my brain is trying to trick me into doing (I cant stick with that, either!!).

I look forward to moaning about the difficulties of re-starting with anybody who wants to listen! But this is mainly a little diary to myself to remind me not to give in - feel free to pass on any tips!

Ch xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Hi,

This could have been written by me. Know exactly what I should be doing. Very angelic until tea time, then a little devil.
Last night had to go to a football presentation for my son, I ended up wearing what I could fit into rather what I wanted to wear, felt very uncomfortable (not from the clothes) just because I was so unhappy and selfconcious.
Like you I am neither following CD or a healthy eating programme properly. Time to stop p*ssing around. Today has got to be the last start, I can't carry on like this. :mad:

Good luck with your journey.

icemoose

The Diet Guy
If you are struggling to get on sole souce then talk through the other plans with your counsellor.

790 is a great way of losing weight quickly but with a nice little evening meal.

The 1000 and 1200 are also great ways of losing weight and you eat 3 meals a day so have a look in your yellow book and chat it through with your CDC.

Mike

girlygirl

Silver Member
If you are struggling to get on sole souce then talk through the other plans with your counsellor.

790 is a great way of losing weight quickly but with a nice little evening meal.

The 1000 and 1200 are also great ways of losing weight and you eat 3 meals a day so have a look in your yellow book and chat it through with your CDC.

Mike

Absolutely!

When people think of VLCDs they tend to focus only on SS - but there are plans to suit just about every dieting 'need'.

The trick is to find the plan that suits you best.

Hi

Thakns for your replies, I haven't been able to get on PC since last week.

I am proud to announce that I am now on day 4 of SS, and feel fine. I have upped my water lots, and have had 3-4 litres every day since friday. I am back with full willpower.

My CDC, bless her is doing SS this week with me - I have that to motivate me as well. We are both aiming for 7lbs loss this week - 5 of which I had put on whilst messing about with the diet.

Re-start weight 13.3 Thurs 17/5 (fully clothed in the evening!)
This morning's weight 12.9.6 (nekkid after morning wee!)

CDC's scales usually add 1-2lbs as I weigh in the evening, and I dont think she would appreciate it if I stripped off!! So, so far, on target this week.

Just need to keep this up.

*glugs the last of litre 2 for today*

thanks for the support - it has been great reading you posts.

Ch xxx

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Well done, it sounds like you have made a fantastic start. Keep it up.

morning!

Hi again,

Down another lb since yesterday. Feeling good. OH is away this week so have the house to myself - meaning there is nobody but myself to stop me raiding the cupboards.....

But, last night had my soup (cant decide if I like the broccoli and cheese or not!) and pottered for a bit then had an early night. Boring, yes. But I was also in control.:D :D

Feeling more energetic today, so will keep myself busy tonight with exciting things like housework. But if it keeps me away from the fridge, then all good.

I resisted cheesecake yesterday. Lemon cheesecake. My favourite. I admit to having a sniff - but realised I didnt want to spoil my SS efforts as it has been soooooooo hard getting back into the swing of it.

Hope you are all doing well - and feeling positive. I find that being positive helps to keep that chatterbox quiet. I have named mine Marvin. He has been fairly quiet so far, and lets hope he stays that way. Or I might have to drown him in another litre of water. Speaking of which..........

Take care

Okay, so despite my last post being positive, I have spent the last week eating just about anything I can lay my hands on.

Put on a few lbs, but am hoping it is just water - and pancakes (of all things!!).:(

I am back to the swinging between 100% CD and wanting to go back to WW equally as much.

I know I can shift this extra weight with CD. I just need to find my focus again. I frustrate myself with to-ing and fro-ing, and between each decision I have a 'last supper'. It isn getting me anywhere. This is the beginnings of how I got this size in the first place.

So, red-faced: my weight this morning - dead on 13 stone. I am due to see my CDC tomorrow, but in fact have a whole week's worth of packs, so might re-arrange until next week.

onwards and downwards.

My next post will be more positive - and tonight, there will be no last supper. Possibly some chicken and veg instead!

take care
Ch

Hiya

I know all about Last Supper Syndrome as have been a victim of it myself. I've just started reading "overcoming Binge Eating" by Christopher Fairburn and am finding that really helpful and inspiring, and half the book is self-help (CBT etc) so would recommend that. Also speak to your CDC - you could start on S3 and do that for a couple of weeks then gradually move down to SS, so you ease into it rather than feeling initially deprived of food

Morning,

It all went to pot. So, here I go again. I am even boring myself with starting, giving up, re-starting etc.

At least you are not giving up ..............

One day it will click for you and off you'll go and there will be no stopping.

1st time round I did SS for 4months ... no cheating - my A-B via motorway. This time I'm half a stone off .. half a stone on ... but not giving up and turning back ... I'm still going to get to point B but via the scenic route!!! This week i've done really well and lost 5lb - so hope I'm on a dual carriageway!!!

Good luck!

Thanks for your words of support.

I cant believe how undecided I am. First thing this morning I was all for having branflakes and a banana a la weight watchers, thgen thought: no, today can be my new start.

I had a chocolate shake, and enjoyed it. Now, I am at work (shhh dont tell my boss!) and seriously considering giving up CD and going to WW. But then I think I can actually lose with CD, and with WW I would lose half a pound a week if I was lucky. So now I am back thinking of sticking with CD.

Now whilst I am having these to and fro thoughts, I havent eaten anything, so havent given up my SS re-start. But in my head, I might as well have eaten. I dont understand me.

So: I am torn between wanting to lose weight (quickly or not - just get there in the end) and wanting to eat. BUT I dont want to be out of control eating rubbish (which I have been in between 'diets').

You know, I think I have answered my own question (I knew there was a reason for me babbling on here!!). I want to lose weight. I need to lose weight. The only way I can do it is to use CD. I have tried and tried all sorts of diets, and given up due to lack of success quickly enough. Even if I can use CD to get me to lose SOME weight every week, that is surely better than messing about getting nowhere.

Plan: See me CDC this week and see how I go doing 790 or SS depending on how I am coping.

Thanks for letting me vent. It helps - honest. And if any of you are reading and feeling the same - please write it all down - I hope we can get through this together.

See - am much more positive at the end of typing this than I was at the beginning!

Take Care

Christine
I did exactly as you're doing .... for far too long for me to think about or write down! For some reason (maybe Dublin!!) this time it has clicked and I feel like I'll go all the way this time!! I really hope so - but if not, I'll get up dust myself off and start again - and again .... and again if needs be!!

Vent as often and as much as you want - that's what this site is all about.

790plan is also a good option and has nearly as good results but adds a meal to the equation. It helps lots of people - see how you feel.

alipally

Serial Dieter!
Just had a read of your thread.... cheesecake!!

My favourite thing! I have cheesecake flavoured Cambridge shake by adding 1/4tsp of sunshine orange water flavouring to my vanilla shake! I make it up with lots of ice and drink with a straw.... hope this helps with the cravings.... it makes an excellent mousse too!

Beverly -

Thanks for your support, I am hoping to stick with it for GOOD this time. But even if I struggle with the journey, I hope to get to slimness eventually!

Todays plan............... take it one hour at a time and drink as much water as possible!

take care

Just had a read of your thread.... cheesecake!!

My favourite thing! I have cheesecake flavoured Cambridge shake by adding 1/4tsp of sunshine orange water flavouring to my vanilla shake! I make it up with lots of ice and drink with a straw.... hope this helps with the cravings.... it makes an excellent mousse too!
ooooh I might try that!! Anything to fool me into thinking I am having a treat. Although I actually really like the chocolate and chocolate mint shakes.

Morning,

Yesterday went okay despite me eating some wafer thin chicken (which I dont even particuarly like).

Today am determined to SS completely. I am seeing me CDC tonight for more supplies.

This time next week I hope to be feeling better about myself and not feeling so much like a slug.

Onwards and downwards..................

me again!

I hope anybody reading this doesnt get too bored.

Am posting because I am having a will I/wont I wobble. I have had 2 shakes so far today and am no hungry - but I might be thirsty. I am feeling a bit light headed and wobbly and this would normally where I would crack and have something to eat to stop the low blood sugar feeling.

BUT I am not going to do that today. I will have another 500mls water and take it easy for 5 mins. I should feel better soon.

This weekend should be safe too. No plans involving food/drink/anything much really! I am going to do a major housework blitz tonight - how exciting on a Friday night. But OH is going out and I need to keep myself busy. Then I will reward myself with a lovely bubbly bath and a good book.

Or I may crash out and not have the energy to do any of that!

I cant wait until the moring when I can see the effect my willpower has had when I step on the scales.