New start for a healthier me

Hunny85

Silver Member
I went back to slimming world tonight and currently weigh 19st 9lbs which was a bit of a shock. I haven't set myself a target weight yet, I have decided to take it 7lbs at a time so I don't go off track.

This time I am going to get to goal and stop with the excuses. I suffer with an underactive thyroid but know I can lose weight regardless of this. For me to succeed this time I know I need to be 100% honest with myself so have started this diary to keep me accountable.

Good luck to us all no matter what journey we have chosen.

Yaaaay! Your diary is here!!!!
I'm sure you will do really well you sound incredibly focused! Looking forward to following you on your journey!!

Ruth
X

I went back to slimming world tonight and currently weigh 19st 9lbs which was a bit of a shock. I haven't set myself a target weight yet, I have decided to take it 7lbs at a time so I don't go off track.

This time I am going to get to goal and stop with the excuses. I suffer with an underactive thyroid but know I can lose weight regardless of this. For me to succeed this time I know I need to be 100% honest with myself so have started this diary to keep me accountable.

Good luck to us all no matter what journey we have chosen.

Hello Sweetie....

Here I am I hopped straight away :D

Great going focusing of a chunk at a time....

I fully understand the thyroid thing.... mine is under active too and it's a right royal pain..... but it is what is it and we just have to deal with it... I know it makes it more of a struggle... but we can do this ... especially if we lean on each other for support x

I'm sure you will do really well you sound incredibly focused! Looking forward to following you on your journey!!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth! Always think the first few weeks are the easiest so wanted to do the diary to keep me on track. More likely to stay on track when I feel like people are watching haha x

Ruth
X

My Ruth.... you were quick off the starting blocks.... you beat me here :D

Hello Sweetie....

Here I am I hopped straight away :D

Great going focusing of a chunk at a time....

I fully understand the thyroid thing.... mine is under active too and it's a right royal pain..... but it is what is it and we just have to deal with it... I know it makes it more of a struggle... but we can do this ... especially if we lean on each other for support x

Thank you! Definitely think we can all get to our goals. So much easier with a support network on here :) xx

Thanks Ruth! Always think the first few weeks are the easiest so wanted to do the diary to keep me on track. More likely to stay on track when I feel like people are watching haha x

:hide: we've got our beady eyes on you ... lol

So today has been a good day.

Breakfast - melon and mullerlight
Lunch - turkey salad
Tea - rainbow veg with turkey and rice noodles

Healthy a - skimmed milk
Healthy b - peanut heaven hi Fi bar

Syns used - 10 (rice noodles 5 1/2 and stir fry sauce 4 1/2)

Have just made our tea for tomorrow night, a kinda spaghetti bolognaise but with loads of extra veg. Got all my meals planned for the week so I can't slip up.

Hope everyone is having a good day too :)

So today's menu is as follows...

Lunch - tuna salad with beetroot and balsamic dressing
Tea - spaghetti bolognaise without the pasta and loads of added veg and some cheddar cheese (pic below)

Healthy a - skimmed milk
Healthy b - rocky road hi-Fi x 2

Snacks - grapes, clementines x 2 and an apple

Syns - olive oil - 2
Beetroot and balsamic dressing - 1
Cheddar cheese 25g - 5
Total - 8

Probably wouldn't have had the cheese but was conscious I had only used 3 syns. Enjoyed it but was wondering what people's views are? Do you find you're using syns for the sake of it?

image.jpeg

So today's menu is as follows...

Lunch - tuna salad with beetroot and balsamic dressing
Tea - spaghetti bolognaise without the pasta and loads of added veg and some cheddar cheese (pic below)

Healthy a - skimmed milk
Healthy b - rocky road hi-Fi x 2

Snacks - grapes, clementines x 2 and an apple

Syns - olive oil - 2
Beetroot and balsamic dressing - 1
Cheddar cheese 25g - 5
Total - 8

Probably wouldn't have had the cheese but was conscious I had only used 3 syns. Enjoyed it but was wondering what people's views are? Do you find you're using syns for the sake of it?

View attachment 182919

Very nice indeed!
And yes I do often find myself forcing myself to find things to eat that are Syns. I ate more treats than I did before!!!
Great though! Your food looks fab.

Ruth
X

Very nice indeed!
And yes I do often find myself forcing myself to find things to eat that are Syns. I ate more treats than I did before!!!
Great though! Your food looks fab.

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth. Not quite as good as yours yet.
Might have to get some low syn treats to boost it up a bit. Just feels a bit strange eating things I don't really want. Might stick with the olive oil etc and use them that way I think

Rach x

So today has been a good day.

Lunch - turkey salad
Tea - rainbow veg with turkey and rice noodles

Healthy a - skimmed milk
Healthy b - peanut heaven hi Fi bar

Syns used - 10 (rice noodles 5 1/2 and stir fry sauce 4 1/2)

Have just made our tea for tomorrow night, a kinda spaghetti bolognaise but with loads of extra veg. Got all my meals planned for the week so I can't slip up.

Hope everyone is having a good day too :)

Awesome.... great job on the planning....

I never eat anything just to boost my syns by the way x

Awesome.... great job on the planning....

I never eat anything just to boost my syns by the way x

I don't like the idea of it. Think I will use my syns on the oil (not a fan of frylight) and love avocado and nuts so think will go down the 'healthy fat' route. Trying to avoid sugars so think this is the best option for me :)

Awesome plan x

I don't like the idea of it. Think I will use my syns on the oil (not a fan of frylight) and love avocado and nuts so think will go down the 'healthy fat' route. Trying to avoid sugars so think this is the best option for me :)

When I first started I ate the olive oil and avocado and it worked wonders :) so it's definitely a fab idea! I just know in myself that I personally struggle if I eat below 10 which is why I have 4 Syn desserts and treats in the cupboard to tide me over. I also find that it tempts me less as I've already had my fix. I hope you didn't misread me above!

Ruth
X

When I first started I ate the olive oil and avocado and it worked wonders :) so it's definitely a fab idea! I just know in myself that I personally struggle if I eat below 10 which is why I have 4 Syn desserts and treats in the cupboard to tide me over. I also find that it tempts me less as I've already had my fix. I hope you didn't misread me above!

Ruth
X

Not at all Hun. Will probably progress to that eventually I just know that I would scoff the lot if I had them when I'm a few months in haha.
From your diary you don't go overboard and remember from last time my group leader saying you're best using syns because if you start getting stuck weight loss wise you have something to tweak :)

Rach x

Morning Hunny...

What are you up to today?

Today has been a good day :)

Breakfast - boiled eggs, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes
image.jpeg

Lunch - bbq turkey salad

Tea - leftover bolognaise from last night with pasta
image.jpeg

Snacks - mullerlight, clementines, banana and an apple

Healthy a - skimmed milk
Healthy b - peanut heaven hi-fi bar