New start, new me - FlicG’s Diary

Yesterday was another good day on plan, but it did require some serious willpower. Tried with splitting two products to give me more smaller meals through the day, which sort of worked. Felt very hungry during the afternoon, despite drinking loads. Hoping for ketosis soon to make things a bit easier!

B: 1/2 Berry yoghurt muesli - I really liked this, especially since it had little bits of raisin! My normal go to breakfast is muesli, yoghurt and fruit, so this felt a bit more “normal.” Breakfast was around 10.30am
L: Cinammon Swirl Shake - another good one! Might try this one with coffee next time. I split this up and had 1/2 at 12.30 and 1/2 at 3.00ish, thinking I’d save the other half of my morning one for “pudding” but I was so hungry that I needed a snack before doing bedtime.
S: 1/2 Jam and yoghurt bar. Chewy and not particularly great. Might try the other 1/2 warm today.
D: Creamy Thai soup. It was creamy, but didn’t think it was overly Thai spiced. It was ok, but I probably wouldn’t order loads of these - they were ones that I could easily go off.

I have a morning of work (only at my in-laws next door) and then the afternoon at home.

Can’t believe it’s already Thursday! Weeks are usually easy, but weekends can be a different story. We’ve been asked to lunch at a friend’s house on Sunday. I’ve already told them that I’m doing Keto, which is a bit easier to navigate I think, but I might weigh in Sunday morning instead of Monday so that I then have a week to “work off” the food. 🤔

Thursday! My ketosticks confirmed that I'm in ketosis, which helped to explain why I could wait until 1pm for my first product (that and being very busy with some work meant I didn't have time to think much about it!) It also meant that I crammed them all into the afternoon. I am still getting hunger pangs in the afternoon (though I don't know if it's as much hunger as boredom.)

Thursday is a day off normally, but I worked in the morning. The afternoon I baked with my girls (cue water and flour everywhere) - they made biscuits and at one point I had to spit some mixture out, such is my automatic response to put stuff in my mouth...interesting to break those habits of unnecessary calories!

My day looked like this, food wise:
B: none
L: 1/2 berry yoghurt and muesli, 1/2 yoghurt and jam bar
S: 1/2 caramel and toffee shake, mixed with coffee
D: Apple Crumble - this was delicious, but I added too much water, so it was a bit sloppy!
Evening snack: since i had some product to make up, I had 1/2 choc mint shake warmed, as a hot chocolate late on.

Late afternoon/evening I had an Oxo in hot water because I was feeling hungry. I think my oxo cubes are a bit old, as it didn't crumble well, so i'll be picking some more up at the weekend. Since I didn't have a savoury option for dinner, this fitted in quite well.

Weekend is stretching ahead of us, and I have a few plans, one where I think i'll be eating, but the rest I can avoid. Going to weigh in Sunday morning. Judging on my trousers this morning, I think there's already some water weight gone.

Happy weekend all! xx

Sounds like you’re handling doing it around your daughter perfectly. It’s so hard with children isn’t it? I remember my mum being on a diet nearly my whole childhood, and sitting me down at 12 to say I was getting a bit chubby, which destroyed me at the time!

Yesterday was a good day on plan, though I felt really hungry most of the day (probably because it was a work day, so I had to try and focus on that.)

B: 1/2 vanilla shake mixed with coffee (this was good!)
L: salted caramel bar - it was ok, but a bit bland.
S: Other 1/2 vanilla shake made with very cold water (tasted like melted ice cream!)
D: Red Bean Chilli (this was really nice!) I added a couple of drops of green Tabasco (checked the ingredients and I think it will be ok.)

I drank lots of tea, coffee, fruit tea, water, fizzy water with water enhancer. I did a lot of weeing, but negotiated children’s lunch and dinner without touching it. So often their leftovers make it into my mouth - that’s what I love about a shake diet - because there’s a clear black and white, it’s easy to not eat any food.

Wednesday is a day off for me, usually I would go food shopping/cafe/park, but without a car, we’re stuck at home, which isn’t a bad thing as I don’t have the temptation of nipping into somewhere for a quick snack. I have attempted a walk as it’s a gorgeous frosty sunny morning here, but my girls were having none of it! Will attempt later, but take the pram so we might get a bit further.

Hope you’re all having good weeks. Nearly halfway through! xx
Yes, it sure is!
My mum was the same and has always been been on at me about my weight. She is blunt about it too which is just her way. Can sting at the time all the same.

I think I will be ordering a water enhancer in the next batch. Poss the chilli too after reading your post.

I've just finished work and it's freezing cold and blustery here so in the sofa under a blanket trying to ignore the dross my daughter is watching on the tv! Must get up and do some housework after this shake.

Hope you managed to get out. Could always walk for miles when I had the buggy
Thursday! My ketosticks confirmed that I'm in ketosis, which helped to explain why I could wait until 1pm for my first product (that and being very busy with some work meant I didn't have time to think much about it!) It also meant that I crammed them all into the afternoon. I am still getting hunger pangs in the afternoon (though I don't know if it's as much hunger as boredom.)

Thursday is a day off normally, but I worked in the morning. The afternoon I baked with my girls (cue water and flour everywhere) - they made biscuits and at one point I had to spit some mixture out, such is my automatic response to put stuff in my mouth...interesting to break those habits of unnecessary calories!

D: Apple Crumble - this was delicious, but I added too much water, so it was a bit sloppy!
Evening snack: since i had some product to make up, I had 1/2 choc mint shake warmed, as a hot chocolate late on.

Late afternoon/evening I had an Oxo in hot water because I was feeling hungry. I think my oxo cubes are a bit old, as it didn't crumble well, so i'll be picking some more up at the weekend. Since I didn't have a savoury option for dinner, this fitted in quite well.

Weekend is stretching ahead of us, and I have a few plans, one where I think i'll be eating, but the rest I can avoid. Going to weigh in Sunday morning. Judging on my trousers this morning, I think there's already some water weight gone.

Happy weekend all! xx
Isn't it such a nice feeling to be able to notice our efforts on our clothes!

You've done brilliantly.

Happy weekend all! xx
Go you. You're really in the swing of things atm.

Friday.
It’s a work day for me in the office, so being organised in the morning was key! I absolutely love the portable electric blender I bought - it’s so efficient and no lumps!

B: (approx. 10.30ish) caramel & toffee 1/2 shake, mixed with coffee
L: 1/2 Strawberry shake. Had at 1pm because my boss was out of the office (it’s only us two) so figured it was less hassle to do it then, but wasn’t majorly hungry, hence the 1/2.
S: 3.40pm got home from picking up the girls and had the other 1/2 strawberry shake
S: (6.45) 1/2 choc fudge bar whilst prepping my husband’s dinner. This worked well as I always seem to be more hungry in the evening.
D: butternut squash soup. 🤢 Not looking forward to the others in the box. I think next time, I’ll add even more spices in an attempt to make it palatable!

We’ve postponed weekend lunch with our friends Sunday because my husband has exams the beginning of next week and needs to revise. I could have gone solo, but it actually works for me to postpone, as it means a good full week on plan! 🙌

Saturday and Sunday

Weekend was more successful than I had hoped. Saturday, my daughter has ballet and then we met a friend in the park and went back to theirs for kids lunch - grownups weren't eating, so this was easy to avoid food. I took my morning 1/2 shake in the car and a 1/2 bar which turned out to be lunch by the time we left. This meant I had quite a lot to make up in the afternoon/evening. I still don't think i've totally cracked the timings, but I do appreciate the extras in the afternoon when i'm feeling peckish. Dinner was lemon pancakes which i was a bit impatient for so they ended up as lumps of cooked mix. I did enjoy something with a bit of texture. Unfortunately, there's was a bit of an artificial sweetener after taste, but still better than the butternut squash soup!

Sunday I needed to go food shopping - this is normally a trigger situation for me - cream cakes to eat in the car, a cheeky meal deal, extra snacks that can be hidden and eaten in secret. I stuck to the list, bought what we needed and got home, made everyone else lunch and attempted a second go at the butternut squash soup and added spices, chilli etc into it...still not great. I've got one left of these and once they're gone, I wont be ordering more! Dinner was chilli last night - still my favourite savoury option, and feels like a proper meal. It would be great with cheese added to it, haha!

At the end of week 1, i'm doing fine. I've bought a few savoury sachets to try from Facebook groups - spag bol and sweet and sour noodles. A cambridge selling group popped up too, so i've bought a couple of pesto pasta, mac and cheese and chicken curry sachets from someone to try.
Last time I did the VLCD, it was cambridge and I went off the savoury options very quickly, but so far, i'm wanting something savoury in the evening and there seems to be more options than last time too which is nice. I'm also conscious about my sugar addiction which isn't avoided on Exante. My next order might have more of the low sugar options.

Hope everyone had successful weekends! xx

Saturday and Sunday

Weekend was more successful than I had hoped. Saturday, my daughter has ballet and then we met a friend in the park and went back to theirs for kids lunch - grownups weren't eating, so this was easy to avoid food. I took my morning 1/2 shake in the car and a 1/2 bar which turned out to be lunch by the time we left. This meant I had quite a lot to make up in the afternoon/evening. I still don't think i've totally cracked the timings, but I do appreciate the extras in the afternoon when i'm feeling peckish. Dinner was lemon pancakes which i was a bit impatient for so they ended up as lumps of cooked mix. I did enjoy something with a bit of texture. Unfortunately, there's was a bit of an artificial sweetener after taste, but still better than the butternut squash soup!

Sunday I needed to go food shopping - this is normally a trigger situation for me - cream cakes to eat in the car, a cheeky meal deal, extra snacks that can be hidden and eaten in secret. I stuck to the list, bought what we needed and got home, made everyone else lunch and attempted a second go at the butternut squash soup and added spices, chilli etc into it...still not great. I've got one left of these and once they're gone, I wont be ordering more! Dinner was chilli last night - still my favourite savoury option, and feels like a proper meal. It would be great with cheese added to it, haha!

At the end of week 1, i'm doing fine. I've bought a few savoury sachets to try from Facebook groups - spag bol and sweet and sour noodles. A cambridge selling group popped up too, so i've bought a couple of pesto pasta, mac and cheese and chicken curry sachets from someone to try.
Last time I did the VLCD, it was cambridge and I went off the savoury options very quickly, but so far, i'm wanting something savoury in the evening and there seems to be more options than last time too which is nice. I'm also conscious about my sugar addiction which isn't avoided on Exante. My next order might have more of the low sugar options.

Hope everyone had successful weekends! xx
That's a fab outcome for the weekend. Well done on surviving the shop. That's my challenge for tonight.

A friend is doing Cambridge and sent me a photo of Pop squares, BBQ flavoured veggie chips which she says are delightful. She is also raving about a kiwi and Apple smoothie.

Monday
Weekly Weigh in: -10lb! 🙌🙌

Pretty happy with that for the first week. I know it’s mostly water, but already the big pouch of a tummy feels smaller. Definitely a good motivator, but I’m already steeling myself for a smaller loss next week, and making sure it doesn’t demotivate me.

B: 1/2 Choc Shake.
L: 1/2 Cinnamon Swirl Shake and 1/2 Choc Orange Bar
S: 1/2 Cinnamon Swirl Shake
D: Lemon pancakes

Posting this evening because I feel really HUNGRY. Not hungry for shakes and bars, hungry for carbs, sugar, bread, pasta - for a full stomach. I know that most of it is not the food itself, it’s emotional eating, and comfort. Trying to break the habits of a lifetime is part of this journey…

Monday
Weekly Weigh in: -10lb! 🙌🙌

Pretty happy with that for the first week. I know it’s mostly water, but already the big pouch of a tummy feels smaller. Definitely a good motivator, but I’m already steeling myself for a smaller loss next week, and making sure it doesn’t demotivate me.

B: 1/2 Choc Shake.
L: 1/2 Cinnamon Swirl Shake and 1/2 Choc Orange Bar
S: 1/2 Cinnamon Swirl Shake
D: Lemon pancakes

Posting this evening because I feel really HUNGRY. Not hungry for shakes and bars, hungry for carbs, sugar, bread, pasta - for a full stomach. I know that most of it is not the food itself, it’s emotional eating, and comfort. Trying to break the habits of a lifetime is part of this journey…
Wow wee ... well done 👏

I got the Indian dahl pot.. its yummy.. I keep them for my Friday night treat 😉

I'm the same, I expect only a 2lb loss if that..by sat.. but I know I'm being good so as long as I loose something ill be happy

My clothes feel more comfortable on me .. as I'm less bloated so that's great in itself.

You've done so well losing 10 lbs !! 😊

Busy couple of days so didn’t do a Tuesday update, but it was basically just work!

Yesterday the Cambridge 1:1 sachets I bought arrived and I was so excited! Haha. I tried the macaroni cheese, which was ok, but the recommended water meant that it was very sloppy. Still, it was good to have some pasta! I’ve been checking the Exante site for spag Bol, but they seem to be out of stock (and you can’t even see the listing anymore!) Back to managing cravings, so I’m not sure if having a whole bar on Tuesday knocked me out of keto

Going to friends on Saturday evening so I’ll be having a meal. I’ve told them I’m doing Keto so will eat some meat and veg. I’m meeting another friend for lunch, but will just say I’m having a big dinner. I met up with a friend and our youngest yesterday at a cafe and just had black coffee and sparkling water. I could have demolished her jacket potato!

Another day, another three! Did a cheeky mid-week weigh and currently 2lb down, which I’m pretty happy about for week 2! Hoping another good few days, I can keep that off. 🤞

Wednesday
Wednesday is a day with my youngest. We were mostly at home, but went out to meet a friend for lunch. I spent the whole journey there agonising about what to do - should I eat? What could I eat? Do I be honest? Say I’ve already had a big breakfast? Anyway, I just said - I’m not eating because I’m doing a “cleanse” - her mum did lighterlife back a few years, so she gets it (even if she doesn’t have any problems herself!)

B: 1/2 Choco balls
L: banana shake
S: half salted caramel bar
D: cheesy macaroni pasta (Cambridge 1:1)

As I mentioned, the macaroni pasta was a bit sloppy. I have one more to try and get it right. Another day down, 100% on plan. 🙌

Thursday

Another home day - this one, I get the morning with my eldest and pick the youngest up from nursery at 1pm. Had my haircut today, at 9am, so was slightly worried about my tummy rumbling whilst I was there. (I normally have my first product at 10am-ish) All was fine and I had a black coffee. They gave my girl a little hair trim too! Normally, we would go to the cafe afterwards and share a cake - more for me than her - but we just went home, and she didn’t seem to notice! I’m actually glad of wearing a mask because I’ve got the paranoia about stinky breath. 😂

Lunch was a bit of a rush because we had to take the youngest for a PCR test since she has a new cough. I ended up with half a bar in the car, but it does mean that I had 1/2 a product to play with for this evening - my husband is out at a meeting so I’m home alone - definitely a trigger for binge eating. So far, I’ve gone big on sparkling water and trying with willpower!

B: 1/2 banana shake
L: 1/2 salted caramel bar
S: 1/2 Peanut choc shake (not sure about this one)
D: Exante “pizza” and 1/2 goey chocolate pudding

I’ve been so excited to try the pizza. It was…edible, just about. It would be infinitely better with cheese added, but I’m still not that sure about eating the other 6 in the box. I was so tempted to add cheese evening, but reminded myself why I’m doing this and a setback now means I’ll be doing this for longer. Pudding was goey choc pudding which was bleugh. It didn’t really taste if anything and then left an artificial sweetener aftertaste. 😩

I think with the additional products I’ve bought, I’ll have enough for around 6 weeks and my plan is to try and stick to the Exante 600 until then. I think I’ll move on from there to the fast800/keto. Keto is slightly scaring me with the calories/quantity of fats! Thinking the fast800 might be a good intro back into food?

Another brilliant day managing the plan alongside life chores!

I have the pizza pack for tonight so at least I can appease my daughter the our tradition is safe!

Planning the next steps is a great approach, will make things seem more manageable x

Wednesday
Wednesday is a day with my youngest. We were mostly at home, but went out to meet a friend for lunch. I spent the whole journey there agonising about what to do - should I eat? What could I eat? Do I be honest? Say I’ve already had a big breakfast? Anyway, I just said - I’m not eating because I’m doing a “cleanse” - her mum did lighterlife back a few years, so she gets it (even if she doesn’t have any problems herself!)

B: 1/2 Choco balls
L: banana shake
S: half salted caramel bar
D: cheesy macaroni pasta (Cambridge 1:1)

As I mentioned, the macaroni pasta was a bit sloppy. I have one more to try and get it right. Another day down, 100% on plan. 🙌
What are the choco balls like?

Friday

Supposed to be at work but my youngest was ill, and I’m feeling pretty crappy too. This morning, we both napped together which meant first product at 12.30! Tbh, I actually didn’t feel that hungry till then - I’d had quite a bit of juice/fruit tea (which wasn’t ideal when I was pinned on the sofa!)

B: 1/2 caramel frappe, mixed with cold coffee - it was pretty good!
L: caramel chocolate bar (this was about 3pm because of late breakfast!)
D: sweet and sour noodles, 1/2 gooey chocolate pudding

the noodles were good! I added a tiny bit of soy sauce. The only thing was the lumps (I guess the soy?) and it was quite sweet, but not that sour.

Ive bought quite a few savoury options of late as I’m enjoying an evening meal, but I just hope that the pasta ones are a bit better. I think I’ve already got a bit of product fatigue - my problem is that I can cook tasty dinners, it’s the snacking in between and portion sizes that are my problem, so artificial sweeteners is the current aftertaste I’m always left with.

Back