Attack New, start tomorrow & some questions

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

New to this forum and bought the book yesterday and subscribed online. Going to do the questionnaire today and start tomorrow so got today to do more reading and preparation.

A few quick questions:

1. What's the typical weightloss on Dukan as compared to other diets that put you into ketosis?

2. Why are you doing Dukan over other diets?

3. Do you get bored?

4. Is eating out really that simple with just eating the right protein etc?

Thanks and see you around!

Hi & welcome
For me Dukan has helped me lose weight every week (4 days -4lbs in attack -52 lbs in 30 odd weeks) as compared to other well known diets where it was 1 off, 2 on, 2 off and so on. The only blip I've had has been recently with only a small amount to lose to get to my true weight. Im definately never bored and I've eaten out regularly since starting Dukan. Dukan is not for everyone a friend of mine has recently stopped doing it but for me it has and still is fab. Why its worked for me I don't know. Thank goodness it has, I would be dreading the summer and feeling very miserable with myself :)

keep posting, lots of people on here are very experienced and will be able to answer all or most of your questions and read the book. The forum has different sections where people have posted their menus, diaries etc. The more research you do the better.
Look forward to getting to know you Sammy and reading your posts :)

Hi Sammy, I'm a Sammy too and starting today.

Can't offer much advice but from what I've seen from the forum most people seem to lose around 1lb a day on Attack. I'm doing five days and am a bit nervous about it but I keep telling myself its only five days before the veg comes back every other day which will make things easier. I've done my weigh in and I'm just having a cup of tea before I tackle breakfast.

I'm doing Dukan because its going to be the last diet I'll ever do (I'm being ultra positive). I see from the forums that if you stick to it you'll lose every week without a doubt and I like the fact that it trains you to eat a "normal" diet over a long period of time with just the one day PP.

Best of luck, how much do you have to lose? My target is around 55lbs away but I'm not sure if thats possible, we'll see.

I see. I thought I'd give it ago as got nothing to lose other than weight ? Are you interested in a buddy since we are setting out together? I'm on attack for 6 days.

Sammy

Money? I'm so tight It'd have to be amazing for my to part with money :D.

Yes I'll be your Dukan buddy. How come your doing six days you have loads less than me to lose?

Off to gym now.

Hi Sammy,

I'm doing 6 days as that was my personal plan from the Dukan site. Actually if you go on their web you can do a free mini questionnaire and think it tells you there? Can't remember as when I signed up I had to do a more comprehensive one.

Do you use what's app?

Enjoy the gym. I'm doing swimming, Zumba and a disco DVD at the moment. Well aiming to do it as much as I can!

Sammy

Hello and Welcome, Sammy,

1. I have not tried any other diets based on ketosis but I think that the weight loss depends on the individual.

2. Because 2 of my coworkers had AMAZING results and have maintained their weight loss for 3 years now... and going strong on their 4th :)

3. Ever since ventured into the kitchen and started cooking I never got bored.
I love the oat bran.... endless possibilities.

4. When I eat out I always go for the obvious, easiest choice: grilled chicken breast or fish and vegetables... But of course, there is also steak, seafood etc

good luck with the diet it has been great for me... eating out is easy. ive managed to do it just by reading the book and the fab advice from here :D

I wonder if they have changed the goals for attack as a lot of the newbies seem to be doing much longer attacks for less weight to lose.... I had to do 5 or 6 days and had over 5 stone to lose :eek:

Hi - I'm also starting attack today, planning 6 days attack. Would be great to link in with others to keep me on track! So far I've had Total 0% yoghurt and sweetener for brekkie, and having garlic prawns for lunch. nom nom nom!!!

Linz
x

Hi all
I haven't done a proper eating diet that puts you into ketosis only CD which I could do but was emotionally very hard work!!! Love Dukan as a diet as it is strict, has clear rules and shows good results but most importantly for me it took away my addiction to carbs which is wonderful -that was my biggest down fall. The fact that Dr Dukan has four very clear phases to work towards means that I believe it will be a lifestyle change I will adopt for life instead of just being a diet that stops. I am the worlds worst yo yo dieter and have gone up and down more times than I care to remember so for me this was a big factor in choosing Dukan.
I don't get bored just lazy!!! You do have to plan and be ahead of yourself to ensure you always have good food available but honestly have eaten the best food of my life since I started Dukan and have learnt to cook - gone are the days of eating 100% processed food - everything is now cooked from scratch and wow its tasty!! Good luck with you Dukan journey - I have found this website invaluable.
Weight loss has been consistent with only two weeks when I STS - anything from 1 lb - 5 lbs per week though I obviously had a lot to lose.

Hi Sammy,

I'm doing 6 days as that was my personal plan from the Dukan site. Actually if you go on their web you can do a free mini questionnaire and think it tells you there? Can't remember as when I signed up I had to do a more comprehensive one.

Do you use what's app?

Enjoy the gym. I'm doing swimming, Zumba and a disco DVD at the moment. Well aiming to do it as much as I can!

Sammy

I did go on the Dukan webiste and it told me 5 days. I guess everyone is different and you have less to lose than me so maybe they work on the basis you'll need a bigger kick start.

Gym today as I'm off work, would normally walk to work and back which would be an hour.

Hi All,

New to this forum and bought the book yesterday and subscribed online. Going to do the questionnaire today and start tomorrow so got today to do more reading and preparation.

1. What's the typical weightloss on Dukan as compared to other diets that put you into ketosis?

I haven't tried any other ketogenic diets so can't answer this question fully - I think a reasonable expectation of average weightloss per week is around 2lbs on Dukan though.

2. Why are you doing Dukan over other diets?

I have tried low fat and low calorie diets in the past, with the low calorie diets you're advised to drop 500 cals per day to lose weight, I did it and the weight loss stopped, then I tried a further drop down to 1100 per day and that didn't work either....cutting carbs DOES work for me but I don't want the high fat/unhealthy aspects of some other ketogenic diets.

3. Do you get bored?

Not so long as I get cooking, this diet has made me really inventive - I do a Dukan shop so there's nothing else in the house and then set myself "Ready, Steady, Cook!" style challenges :).

4. Is eating out really that simple with just eating the right protein etc?

Carvery's are easy as, as are steak joints, frankie & benny's etc....it's simply a case of order sauces "on the side" or asking for starchs/carbs to be replaced with steamed veg or salads.....Indian/Chinese cuisines are slightly harder to negotiate - but depending what it is - if you post the question on here, there's always someone ready to advise!! :)

Welcome to the board :) Keep posting and checking back and it really helps keep you on track xx

Back