Total Solution New Start

Hi,

I am hoping there is someone out there who can offer motivation and support for someone who has turned into a serial Yo-Yo dieter/binger! Need to desperately break that cycle.
I have done Cambridge successfully in the past - lost over 8st - put it back over time lost 6st two times since and piled all and more back on - now weigh more than ever. So have a substantial amount to lose.

Trying to get to grips with Exante now.....thought if i tried something different and started posting here being accountable in writing would help. Today is day one.

Any support would be much appreciated - new to Minimins so started a new post - hope that was the right thing to do?

Hello. I started on Tuesday and I admit I'm finding some days harder than others. Some evenings I get terrible hunger pangs. I just drink water but this isn't satisfying me. Also it's TOTM too and I just want to eat crisps and drink wine.

I'm doing TS because you lose the weight quicker, but I wonder whether I should try WS and have an evening meal too.

Anyway, good luck with it!

Hello. I started on Tuesday and I admit I'm finding some days harder than others. Some evenings I get terrible hunger pangs. I just drink water but this isn't satisfying me. Also it's TOTM too and I just want to eat crisps and drink wine.

I'm doing TS because you lose the weight quicker, but I wonder whether I should try WS and have an evening meal too.

Anyway, good luck with it!

HI, hopefully once ketosis kicks in the pangs will die down. It gets easier I promise!

Love the user name btw! :rotflmao:

Hi.. Your story is like mine.. I'm hoping to post daily too so I can do this .. Good luck.. Il be hovering on here whenever I feel weak.. And also to keep me motivated

Hi Stop the Yo Yo.

Are you sure you weren't writing about me.....my story the same. I'm on day 12 so lots to go but hopefully far enough along now to avoid complete melt down! I had one false start with Exante when I stuffed myself stupid on day 4 and made that my excuse to spend a couple more months bingeing but I think my head might be in the "zone" now. You clearly have that mind frame that you can get into as you did CD and lost so much so hope all goes well.

Julie X

Hi Stop the Yo Yo.

Are you sure you weren't writing about me.....my story the same. I'm on day 12 so lots to go but hopefully far enough along now to avoid complete melt down! I had one false start with Exante when I stuffed myself stupid on day 4 and made that my excuse to spend a couple more months bingeing but I think my head might be in the "zone" now. You clearly have that mind frame that you can get into as you did CD and lost so much so hope all goes well.

Julie X

Well done you on getting to day 12. I am glad that you have managed to get in the zone. I need to take a leaf out if your book as im finding it difficult to stop all the messing around.
Today, would you believe it, just happens to be day one yet again. But lucky for me i was just about to blow it and order a takeaway when i saw your post pop up in my e mail. So no pizza for me now and for that i have to say a big thankyou.
I will take inspiration from you Julie

I'm not sure I'm very inspiring - I'm just a struggler who really needs to do something because I've reached the stage where I am so full of self loathing and despair. On Saturday I really, really struggled because I was at home alone and had opportunity to eat/binge and wanted to (I've been a secret eater - looking for opportunity to stuff when my husband is out so nobody knows) but when I sat down and thought about all those other Saturday's when I had done just that and then sat feeling sick and bloated promising myself I'd start a diet on Monday. I asked myself would I really feel better if I was stuffed full of chocolate and toast and cereal and bacon sandwiches (all of which I would have binged on because when I start I can't seem to stop until I feel sick). I tried to feel that feeling and remember the awful indigestion and reflux I'd been living with day after day taking Zantac all the time and always chewing gaviscon. Somehow I talked myself out of it and I drank a large glass of Coke Zero , probably some would too much but hey, that was better than the alternative.
Fortunately I haven't felt as desperate to eat since but I'm sure it will return - I hope you manage to move through the next few days and into ketosis - as you know it really does help. I know I sound like a head case but I'm really not - apart from the eating issues which my husband just doesn't get - he's one of the "just eat a bit less brigade" which he doesn't I can't seem to do - I'm all or nothing.
I really do aim for one day at a time and always feel better if I've gone to bed and have stuck to the diet for that day - I never think beyond that.
Good luck for tomorrow and keep the faith ...ketosis will be here soon.

Julie X

Hi Julie
You sound so very much like me its scary! I strongly believe that you suceed when the right mind set is there. But that mindset can sometimes be elusive. Ive developed a terrible habit of TS for 4 to 6 days then think. I will just have........but of course i will just have one thing leads to stuffing myself with anything and everything and then feeling ill and kicking myself. It can be done and nothing beats buying lovely clothes in size 12 instead of 24/26 or catching your reflection in a window and thinking wow is that slim smiling woman me?
I will get there again...just hoping its sooner rather than later. Like you say one day at a time. Goodnight. I hope tomorrow is a good day for you.

Hi Stop the Yoyo.
How are you doing today. How's the mindset? I nearly lost it this morning but it was fleeting and someone at work today offered me the tiniest piece of chocolate brownie. My first thought was "oh it's only small". Thankfully second thought was "No don't do it". Trouble is I know where it would have led.....I've have been buying and eating a family size one before the end of the day! Probably followed by something else lol.
Anyway just wondering what sort of day you've had.

Julie x

Hey Stop the Yoyo! Welcome! Hope it's going well for you so far!
I'm a yoyo dieter. or was, i should say. I'd try quick fixes like the master cleanse and then vacuum bad foods back into my body.
I've been on Exante for around 2 months now and I've lost weight and intend to keep it off- it's hard work, and then when i saw the results i was determined not to waste my efforts.
Anyway good luck, and looking forward to your updates! x

Good evening Julie.

Good job on avoiding temptation. I am the same its all or nothing. If i have anything i think well you've blown it now might as well eat everything in the house!
Todays day two and all is good. But my weak times have always been Friday night and Saturday. So if i get them under my belt i will be happy.
I do quite like the exante shakes meals and bars ( or at least most of them) so there is no reason to let my head get in the way of getting on with it. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us .

Hi Pink Pony Tail

You are well and truly in the zone after two months well done. I know from past experience its great to see the scales go in the right direction. You must be feeling much better in yourself, and i hope you continue and reach your goals.

Good evening Julie.

Good job on avoiding temptation. I am the same its all or nothing. If i have anything i think well you've blown it now might as well eat everything in the house!
Todays day two and all is good. But my weak times have always been Friday night and Saturday. So if i get them under my belt i will be happy.
I do quite like the exante shakes meals and bars ( or at least most of them) so there is no reason to let my head get in the way of getting on with it. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us .

Hi Stop the YoYo.
How are you today? Hope you not having a difficult day. I know you said Friday and weekends are difficult but if you can get through this one that would be a big step..ketosis can't be far off now. I offered to work this weekend not cos I want to but because it occupies me and leaves me less time to contemplate what I might eat! Two weeks today since I started with total of 15lbs gone so I don't want to mess up. Really want to have 3 or 4 stone off by Christmas so need to plod on otherwise I'll be back at square one and doing the usual thinking of "I'll start in the new year" which I never do. Feeling like it's now or never for me...
What helps a bit now as well is I'm finding it what shakes I like best...when I had one earlier I was actually looking forward to it!

Julie xx

Hi Julie

Thanks for the post. Doing okay today. Just have a headache. But been busy all day so have managed 100%. I agree it does make a difference when your minds occupied, so working the weekend is a good idea.

First stone off a nice milestone well done. I too would like to lose 4 stone before christmas. But to do that need to keep it up with no slip ups. Im trying to take it one day at a time rather than dwell on the fact its a big target. But ut is totally doable.

Hope you have a good evening .

Back