New starter - grocery must haves ?

lizalexander

Hi
I am going to my first meeting tomorrow evening (Tuesday 27th)

I would like to go shopping first so that I am as prepared as I can possibly be

Does anyone have any advice about good things to buy ?

Thanks very much

Hiya

Hope u had a nice 1st meeting I had mines yday!!

It depends on what plan u are following, I'm doing pro-points can't really give advice as just starting myself but I would say have some dilute and drink loads of water, have potatoes, pasta, eggs, lean meat and fruit and veggies, u are allowed what u want to eat but make wise choices :) enjoy

K xo

Hi guys. I have been doing propoints for 2 years and my weekly essentials are

Asda smart price crumpets (2 for 4pp)
Dairylea light triangles (2 for 1pp)
Philedelphia light instead of butter (which is far too high)
Uncle bens wholemeal rice (single microwave portions) they are expensive but I am rubbish making rice and also make too much this is a perfect amount and only 6pp
5% fat mince (I make chilli and spaghetti bolognaise using tinned tomatoes seasoning and stock cubes)
Popcorn (only 3pp a bag and way more filling than quavers)
Chicken for stir frys and homemade thai curry with low fat coconut milk
I also like the birdseye peri peri chicken chargrills only 4pp each and so juicy
For lunches I usually just have popcorn and have lentil soup so buy veg so make soup I usually but frozen veg so it keeps longer
Wholemeal pasta (although has same propoints as white - depends if ur doing F&H which I'm not

For treats I usually get small kids packs of chocolate buttons or have cracker breads or melba toast with cheese spread.

Hope this helps x

Hi hope you had a good time. I recommend veg. Whatever you like now and then try branching out into other thing you haven't tried. Obviously its not an unexpected recommendation for people trying to be healthy/loose weight, but its true. Can be fresh, tinned (in water) or frozen it makes great 0PP soups to fill you up and can really bulk out meals if you suddenly realise what "correct portion sizes" are and it comes as a shock.

If you aren't already aware of this trick, a tin of tomatoes bulks out anything from bolognaise soup to pasta sauce and is generally 0PP. They were my lifesaver before WW and even moreso afterwards. Also lovely drained on toast or thins.

Others include Warburtons sandwich thins (3PP) much less than a regular sandwich but still hits that "bread" spot when you need it.

Eggs, high in protein and filling, they're great for breakfast or hardboiled as a snack, I even do them in the microwave at work like a student.

Have you tried any of the "alternatives" to pasta such as Quinoa or Bulgur Wheat? Both have slightly low PP than white pasta and are yummy.

Definitely stock up on marinades and low PP flavours so you don't get bored. Soy, Oyster, balsamic, teriyaki and others are all 0 or 1PP in limited quantities.

I use Aldi lighter than light mayo instead of butter/spread , as a tablespoon is 0 pts

Back