New starter....nervous, scared, excited!

Hello Everyone,

I have spent the last few weeks reading all of the posts on here and yesterday I finally took the bull by the horns and went the Pharmacy to talk to them about starting.

I have been signed up to Weight Watchers for 2 years and have lost 67lb's very very slowly go on and off the wagon. But I know I need to do something more and I feel after researching and reading on here this is the diet for me.

I am super nervous and scared as I have never done anything like this before and I am worried about how I am going to feel. I am also so excited to hopefully finally feel happy and confident and not constantly second guess everything I do because of my weight. I have reached the point where it cannot have such a huge control over my life anymore.

I have a lot to lose, I started with WW's at 25st 9 lb. I have now go to 20st 12 and easily have another 6 to go. I am 6 foot 1 so I am never going to be much less that 14 stone, but that would be more than enough for me!

Any advice tips etc would be most appreciated.

I am going out for a meal with some friends this evening so I have made the decision to start tomorrow, I know everyone says diet starts Monday but, this time that is what is going to work for me!

Look forward to speaking to you all more.

Kelly xxx

Welcome and good luck Kelly. Lots of great peeps on here doing the same thing as you. LT is fab. The first few days may be tough but remember it won't kill you, just may feel like it is. Drink water, it will become your new best friend for a while.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Hi Teapot, thank you for your message. Managed to do ok today, drank more than water than I think I ever have! The first day was not too bad but I know the next few days will get harder! x

It's already been said but water will become your friend it's what keeps those nasty hunger pangs at bay! You have made a wonderful decision deciding to try this diet out and believe me the results are amazing if you keep at it and don't cheat. I've just done 13 weeks 100% and lost nearly 4 stone, I am currently doing refeed and am finding it fab, following it to the letter and haven't gained any weight back infact I have lost some more weight. Take each day as it comes, don't set yourself unrealistic goals and be prepared to sacrifice your social life for abit.. I know people on here who still went on nights out and stayed 100% which is great for them but I found staying away from temptation helped me personally. The first two weeks I found the hardest as I suffered with some headaches and didn't know at the time that tablet form paracetamol was allowed on the diet so if you are in need - take painkillers! Get plenty of rest and do anything and everything you can to distract yourself from food. You have done so well already at losing weight so therefore I believe you have the right mind set and you are serious. Alls this diet takes is willpower and it will work for you, my only piece of advice for you would be don't skip your shakes!! I got myself into a bad habit of only having two shakes per day because I didn't feel hungry and this slowed my weight loss right down, believe me hun you don't want to make this mistake as it only prolongs the diet for longer than needed and just keep drinking water, its vital. Once your in ketosis this should be fine for you as you don't feel hungry. Good luck x x x

Hi Soontobeskinnyminnie,

Thank you for your message all your positivity!

I am on day two today and this evening feeling a bit sorry for myself. Came home from work to find the husband making himself steak, I stayed out late at work to avoid him cooking but he decided to wait until 8pm!!! I then made myself a chocolate shake and made it hot which I do not really like and then decided to shake it and explode it all over myself!

Nevermind, onwards and upwards tomorrow is a new day. I am finding it easy to distract myself when I am at work without really feeling too hungry, as soon as I get home it all changes, therefore, I am totally dreading the weekend.

I know this may sound silly but there is not a limit of how much water you can drink is there? I am drinking a LOT of water and was concerned?

Kelly x

Hi Hun,

you are very welcome! It's always nice to see new faces around the forum. The first week or two is the hardest I know this from experience and weekend don't really get much easier but what I did find is I became a lot stronger as a person and in the end the temptation didn't bother me.. It made me sick watching my family have KFC and chip shop teas.. The smell of grease really made me I'll in the end and I thank Lipotrim for this. Just look at what others around you eat, observe it and you will soon notice how your loved ones eat too much of the wrong things & the wrong portions at the wrong time! It's crazy how this diet educated me I started to think "you greedy pigs you don't need all that, I survive just fine on a shake!". You will also become tired of people telling you how hungry they are.. Bore off! Onwards and upwards it is :) this diet has brought out the best in me as it will you I'm sure.

According to Lipotrim they say 4litres at maximum a day but if you are a person who regularly drank a lot of water before the diet then I think it would be fine to listen to what your body is telling you? If not then I would slow down and only drink the recommended amount, I think the reason for this rule is to stop our body's holding excess water we do not need - but don't quote me on that reason Hun, ask at your chemist I'm sure they'll know for certain. You sound like you are doing fab anyway, well done. X x x

Hi Hun,

you are very welcome! It's always nice to see new faces around the forum. The first week or two is the hardest I know this from experience and weekend don't really get much easier but what I did find is I became a lot stronger as a person and in the end the temptation didn't bother me.. It made me sick watching my family have KFC and chip shop teas.. The smell of grease really made me I'll in the end and I thank Lipotrim for this. Just look at what others around you eat, observe it and you will soon notice how your loved ones eat too much of the wrong things & the wrong portions at the wrong time! It's crazy how this diet educated me I started to think "you greedy pigs you don't need all that, I survive just fine on a shake!". You will also become tired of people telling you how hungry they are.. Bore off! Onwards and upwards it is :) this diet has brought out the best in me as it will you I'm sure.

According to Lipotrim they say 4litres at maximum a day but if you are a person who regularly drank a lot of water before the diet then I think it would be fine to listen to what your body is telling you? If not then I would slow down and only drink the recommended amount, I think the reason for this rule is to stop our body's holding excess water we do not need - but don't quote me on that reason Hun, ask at your chemist I'm sure they'll know for certain. You sound like you are doing fab anyway, well done. X x x

I totally agree about people saying they are hungry it is driving me mad!! Today at work I watched them all have lunch then a couple of hours later they were all starving hungy!!

I have found that my sense of smell has gone crazy, today I could smell someone across the room eating an apple!

Hope things are going well for you.

Kelly x

Yeah I know what you mean about your nose being sensitive. This happened to me!!

I am doing fine, thank you. Hope you are well. x x x

Hi Kelly I started lipotrim on tuesday 4th june im on day 3 i am finding it hard as i work nightshift but also im reading all these positive stories so that is keeping me going,I wish you loads of luck and look forward to our first weigh ins next week sharon xx

Hi Sharon, hope you got on ok on day 4 today was day 5 for me.

I am feeling really positive and not hungry which helps!

I am going for my weigh in tomorrow even though it is day 6 as I cannot always finish working in time to go on a Monday every week.

Hope your day went well.

Kelly x

Hi Kelly yes day went great i cant wait to get weighed,i feel a bit sorry for my husband because we have been invited out today to a bbq but he told them about my diet and that he knows my weight is getting me down and thts he's 100% behind me so that was nice, so insted of going to the bbq we are going to walk the dog im just thinking it isnt forever and if we achieve the results that some have on here im sure it will be worth while,hope your weigh in goes well let us know how you get on xx

just seen your ticker now ha ha im just getting used to this forum wow amazing well done you, my weigh in is tuesday x
Hi Sharon,

Thanks very much I was really pleased with the result. Have found this weekend really difficult though, but hopefully going back to work will help! Kelly x

yes i have found weekend difficult aswell im not hungry its just the smell of food and it seems tobe everywere never mind weve nearly done a week now so onwards and upwards,have a great week x

Back