New starter on JUDDDDDDD

slimforlive

Hi all,

I'm so glad I found this forum. I've been doing WW for what seems like my whole life :rolleyes: but I just can't seem to stick to it for more than 2 weeks in a row at the moment.

So, like most of you, I saw the Horizon programme and thought that sounded great! I've done two DD's so far and found them surprisingly easy! I'm doing another tomorrow -trying to do Mon, Wed, Fri as DDs. Im a bit worried I'm eating too much on up days though, but I guess it's just a suck it and see kind of thing?? I always make sure I have a nice breakfast after a DD as it helps me through the evening knowing I've got that to look forward to! ;)

I'm so loving not having to worry toooo much about what I eat on up days, that I really do think this diet can work for me. I hope so, as I really don't know what I'll do next otherwise! :cool:

Anyway - just saying a Hi :) Any tips gratefully received!!

xx

Hi, welcome I'm on my 3rd week lost 2.5 first week, put 2 back on but I did drink far too much beer 2 days before weigh day,(Thursday) but I'v lost inches on my waist n a bit off my thighs, my only tips for dd are keep busy, keep drinking n go to bed early good luck ;)

Good luck with your DD today. xx

Thank you both for your lovely replies.

Well my DD went well - I actually find them quite easy - does that make me mad!? I was hungry, but the thought I can eat the next day keeps me sane!

I had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and was down a half a pound, which wasn't bad seeing as i probably had more like 3-4000 calories on my up day. So now I've got used to my DDs I'm starting on controlling my calories on my UDs - so today I'm counting cals and aiming for around 2000.

Don't do ANY exercise yet (even typing the word makes me shudder!) but will start walking etc soon. I want to lose a good 4 stone, but I'm in this for the long haul - 1-2lbs a week and I'll be v. happy!

Doing another DD tomorrow, but then I'm away with work until Tuesday, so will find it nigh on impossible to do a DD until Weds next week, meaning next week I'll only have 2 DDs (I'm aiming to do one Mon, Weds, Fri) Slightly worried about that, but I may just try and cut back a bit on the Monday anyway - say aim for around 1000 cals - do you think that will be ok?

Anyway - thanks again for the replies, and I love reading this forum, everyone sounds so lovely :)

xxx

Hi lovely and welcome. I've just started myself (just over a week ago) and aim to have 3 DD a week. I really like this diet - on UD's already I find myself not wanting to eat huge amounts of food so I think my appetite is shrinking which is a first. The only advice I would give is write down your DD calories so you know exactly what you have eaten and it helps me to plan what I will eat on a DD.

Hi and welcome!
I wouldn't too much about eating too much on an UD. As long as you are under 500 cals on a DD, that's where the weight loss comes from.
Good luck with your journey x

Hi there,
I'm loving this diet.
Like yourself it was the Horizon program that gave me the push. Was on a low cal/carb diet and wasnt getting anyway really, stalled then gained a pound. Been on juddd for 3 weeks now and have lost 7 pounds in that time. Used to be lucky to lose 3 normally.
I'm on an upday, and had a naughty cake too. :)

Hello, and welcome. Don't know if I should really be posting here as I'm not officially doing JUDDDD, but started intermittent fasting after that Horizon programme. I was already well underway with a healthy eating/exercise regime since New Year, ably assisted by slimpods since the end of February.

Since the Horizon programme, my husband and I have done two fast days each week, using the 500 calorie single meal model. On the other days, we just continue with the healthy eating we had already established, basically three meals with no more than one snack, and making sure that puddings, cakes, biscuits, sweets etc are occasional treats rather than regular features. I would guess I'm having between 1800-2000 calories on UD's and 500 on DD's, but since I don't like counting calories, it's bound to be a bit approximate!

Prior to this change, I was averaging a loss of just over 2lb/week, and as soon as I started fasting, it was as if the brakes had been slammed on, and I barely lost 2 lb in over two weeks. I was beginning to think I should abandon it, but then my weight loss suddenly turned on again - over 4lb in one week. Dr Johnson does talk about it taking a couple of weeks for the SIRT gene to turn on, and that's doing every other day as a DD, while I'm only doing 2 DD per week.

I'm finding DD's getting easier, and I think I prefer fasting during the day and having my meal in the evening.

Barbara
(semi-JUDDDDing)

Hello, and welcome. Don't know if I should really be posting here as I'm not officially doing JUDDDD, but started intermittent fasting after that Horizon programme. I was already well underway with a healthy eating/exercise regime since New Year, ably assisted by slimpods since the end of February.

Since the Horizon programme, my husband and I have done two fast days each week, using the 500 calorie single meal model. On the other days, we just continue with the healthy eating we had already established, basically three meals with no more than one snack, and making sure that puddings, cakes, biscuits, sweets etc are occasional treats rather than regular features. I would guess I'm having between 1800-2000 calories on UD's and 500 on DD's, but since I don't like counting calories, it's bound to be a bit approximate!

Prior to this change, I was averaging a loss of just over 2lb/week, and as soon as I started fasting, it was as if the brakes had been slammed on, and I barely lost 2 lb in over two weeks. I was beginning to think I should abandon it, but then my weight loss suddenly turned on again - over 4lb in one week. Dr Johnson does talk about it taking a couple of weeks for the SIRT gene to turn on, and that's doing every other day as a DD, while I'm only doing 2 DD per week.

I'm finding DD's getting easier, and I think I prefer fasting during the day and having my meal in the evening.

Barbara
(semi-JUDDDDing)

Sounds like JUDD ing to me...well done.:clap:

Thanks again for your replies :) Had an UD today - counted around 2000 cals and just had dinner (Chicken thighs, potato wedges and salad) and am stuffed. DD tomorrow :) I'm tending to have one main meal at lunchtime - amazing how much you can squeeze into 500 cals isn't it!! ;)

Barbara - thanks for your post, and reminding me about the 2 weeks it takes for your body to adjust - I'd forgotten about that! Tomorrow will be end of week 1, so not long to go! I really am finding this easy at the moment - I hope it continues!!

Weigh is Saturday morning.... after a DD - that's the best time to weigh isn't it?

thanks again all, you friendly lot! :D

xxx

Hello slimforlife :) im a newbie too as of today lol and reading ur posts worrying about over eating i can completely understand but i think because of doing restrictive diets in the past ww for u sw for me a day not dieting u automatically think eat whatever i can and lots of it but i guess after a while on the diet being aboe to eat normally one day is no longer a novelty and so you naturally eat less. Thats what im hoping anyways because i am currently listing all the foods i've been depriving myself of in my head and drooling at the thought of eating them :)

sunnyrae said:
Hello slimforlife :) im a newbie too as of today lol and reading ur posts worrying about over eating i can completely understand but i think because of doing restrictive diets in the past ww for u sw for me a day not dieting u automatically think eat whatever i can and lots of it but i guess after a while on the diet being aboe to eat normally one day is no longer a novelty and so you naturally eat less. Thats what im hoping anyways because i am currently listing all the foods i've been depriving myself of in my head and drooling at the thought of eating them :)

Yea I drool on my DD's and tell myself I can have that tomorrow but very rarely actually want it the next day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,

Thanks Sunnyrae - I think you're absoloutely right! How are you doing?

I'm on a DD today and for the first time on a DD tonight I'm STARVING! Can't wait for brekkie tomorrow!!!! :)

Not too bad thanks surprisingly my tummy feels a bit empty and water just makes me keep going for a wee, so im in bed already i am having a double fried egg sandwich tomorrow for breakie boy oh boy i cant wait!!! And a massive rack of ribs for tea and french fancies lol what's keeping you going haha?

sunnyrae said:
Not too bad thanks surprisingly my tummy feels a bit empty and water just makes me keep going for a wee, so im in bed already i am having a double fried egg sandwich tomorrow for breakie boy oh boy i cant wait!!! And a massive rack of ribs for tea and french fancies lol what's keeping you going haha?

Crumpets for me hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back