New starter on lighter lift

marianne01

Hi,
I am a 36 year old mum of one, 5ft 7 and pushing 20st. I have tried everything but I never loose more than 7lb . I have decided after much debating that lighter life is the way to go. I know it's not going to be easy but hoping to loose 8st. My first meeting is on the 8th January and have booked an appointment with doctor in advance. Can anyone tell me what i will need from GP. Any advice and guidance would be great.
Thanks M

Welcome to lighterlife ! Your LLC will give you a health form to give to your doctor to complete. Be prepared some doctors will sign quite happily some are a little more difficult but everyone manages to get one signed eventually ( I had a difficult one which delayed me by a week ) after that you will need to get your blood pressure taken once a month and a form signed . I go and get mine done at asda pharmacy because my doctor doesnt really approve but some get it done by their gp or practice nurse. You will find the results amazing !! i have lost 38 lbs in 10 weeks and gone from a size 18/20 to a 14/16 i sometimes feel as though i will wake up, as its been so quick and easy. I have been 100% on the plan since day one and in my mind that is the only way to do it i will even be on plan christmas day. I bet you are eager to get started i know i was good luck on your journey you will get loads of support on this forum so keep dropping in and let us know how you are doing x

Thankyou, a few people are against it including my partner. I was big anyway at 15 stone then I had my little girl 5 years ago and never lost the weight. I have been back a for to doctors with food diary and what not but I am told to try harder. I have lost a stone since cutting out all wheat and corn products as I think I either have an allergy or IBS. This is my last hope, spoke to the nurse yesterday and was told to think hard about what I am doing.

I am pretty good with my doctors as I work in the industry and sometime they work for the same health company I work for. I think the difference this time is I want the weight lost so badly as like everyone else it affects who you are and your confidence to go places.

I appreciate the advice and am sure I will be bugging you guy all the time especially in those moments when I am at my most vulnerable .
Big congratulations to you on your loss so far, I hope I too can have the same success

M xx

HI, I really hope you get help and support from your doctor it makes life so much easier. I am almost 54 been fighting my weight forever, i lost 4 stone back in 1976 and kept it off for seven years till i had my first child, i went on to have 3 babies in 4 and a half years so never managed to get the weight off inbetween. My weight went up and down constantly and i seemed to be on a constant diet. I always managed to keep my weight to about 12 stone at the heaviest and then 16 years ago went up to 17stone. I am fighting all the time . When i started LL i was 15stone 2 pounds and now i am 12 stone 6 lb i still have a way to go about another 20 pounds but i feel like a million dollars. I have no menopause symptoms at all now and the two new knees they told me i will need give no pain at all, i have so much energy and even more confidence . I feel as though i have been given my life back. Do it while you are young dont leave it as long as i did i can never get those miserable years back. This was my last hope too grab it with both hands and enjoy the ride !! x

Thankyou I will , looking forward to 8th jan, 2012 for 12stone

Hi Marianne,
With LLT it really is possible to lose the 8 stone you want to lose. My goal is 7 stone and I'm 2/3 of the way there. I just took it one week at a time, and it really adds up. Don't look too far ahead or it can be overwhelming, before you know it you will be so happy with the smaller clothes you are wearing, and it just keeps getting better and better.
My huge caboose has really reduced and I can wear my jeans again. And my hips aren't bumping into everything anymore. I can't tell you how good it feels.

This time last year I was 30 stone and had no intention in losing any weight but went to my mates ti see the wedding video I was horrified how big I was just never thought I was that size so started LL in January and if u look down my pics are on the forum I lost 15 stone so do it don't cheat and drink loads of water x good luck

eatlikeabird said:
Hi Marianne,
With LLT it really is possible to lose the 8 stone you want to lose. My goal is 7 stone and I'm 2/3 of the way there. I just took it one week at a time, and it really adds up. Don't look too far ahead or it can be overwhelming, before you know it you will be so happy with the smaller clothes you are wearing, and it just keeps getting better and better.
My huge caboose has really reduced and I can wear my jeans again. And my hips aren't bumping into everything anymore. I can't tell you how good it feels.

Hi , Thankyou for kind advice. It's funny but hardly ate over Christmas as just did not feel the urge to indulge as much, I don't know if it's the eagerness to start lighterlife or not but it was not as appealing as previous Christmas . Perhaps I am changing my attitude already

I have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with me - I have just had god knows what shoved under my nose and really do t want it. I am counting down the days until Sunday the 8th to officially start and hope my Dr can see my struggle and understand why I am going down this path. Me turn down Christmas party food is unheard of, especially sausage rolls. Well if I am successful with weight loss I am going on a holiday to Greece my favourite place and a trip to New York to buy a designer dress. That's the plan

Back