New starter, pack arrives tomorrow!

saraian24

Gold Member
My weightloss journey starts tomorrow and im stupidly excited about it oddly enough.

A little about me - I have had a weight problem as long as I remember, at school I was a healthy 12-14 and thought I was fat. How little I knew hey? I was at 19 and was upto a 14 - 16 but still good. Then I had my first child and piled on 4 stone and went up to 15 stone and then over the years as I've had my kids I am now at 17st and 4lbs. Yuck.

I am 30 in September and my words to my husband came back to haunt me. 'If I am fat at 30 I am not celebrating it' then burst into tears. Even if I lost a couple of stone that would be great.

My depression is at a all time high as I basically hate the way I look and think if I was thinner, healthier I could do so much more, keep on top of the house, 4 kids and life in general. In fact I know I could!

Was wondering how this differs to cambridge apart from the meal? I did cambridge in 2008 and did quite well on it - got to 14 stone and saw cheekbones lol! then my husband had a operation and it went to pot!

So how has everyone done so far - would love to know and post your pics - extra inspiration will help! x x x

Aw hi hunny I know exactly where ur coming from :( Well done on ordering ur starter pack its a great way to try various flavours. Ive just restarted today as I still had 8 days worth of packs left & Ive just ordered the 4 week pack. I did S&S sometime ago & lost 15lbs on my 1st week & 4lbs the 2nd week then stupidly stopped :mad: Needless to say it all went back on & a little bit more. Anyway todays a new day & I have a weekend away in exactly 8 weeks so thought if I can commit to doing S&S for those weeks then surely that'll be a massive boost. Look forward to hearing how you find the packs. The 1st few days can be the hardest but keep positive & remember why ur doing this :D

Finally arrived at about 2! My god I was hungry but porridge down, half a shake down, and 1.5 pints of water down. I keep imagining myself slim and being able to keep up with my family....lovely.

Hi well done so far. You sound determined. :)

I too was a healthy 12/14 in my youth but thought I was fat. Then had children, desk job and the weight just piled on.

I havnt tried the porridge yet (have images of how yucky the Cambridge porridge was). Did they have the porridge when you did Cambridge in 2008. If they did would be interested in your opinion on how different they taste?

You'll do great on this, determination and being excited about being on this plan have helped me through!!!!

I used to think I was chubby in school too but looking back at pictures and knowing the weight, I was just healthy!!! The others around me were skinnier, sure, but I was fine! It's funny looking back at yourself then. You just want to slap yourself and say 'hey, you're perfect as you are!'. Ah well, I wouldn't have listened then :)

8 weeks in I'm so close to being that same weight again, I look at myself in the mirror and realise just how gorgeous my body is! I'm halfway to my goal now and am excitedly weighing myself each week and loving the results. :) you'll get there so enjoy the journey! It's so amazing to know that in a few weeks you'll be throwing your 'fat clothes' away. :)

Back