New Starter Question

lulunics

Hi i know that on Atkins we dont measure calories, but im wondering if anyone works out how many you are consuming?

I worked mine out over the last 3 days and i am under the 20g of carbs but my calories are near 3000....im not sure im going to loose weight on that many cals am I? :confused:

Thank x

It might be a bit high but you have a high starting weight. Many people find they eat more in the first few days of induction and then their appetite and calorie intake naturally decreases as they enter ketosis.

Give it two weeks without worrying about calories and if you're not losing, start adjusting your levels downwards. They're likely to have naturally decreased by then anyway.

Feel free to post your daily menus if there's anything you're worried about.

Also check out the newbie FAQ post for more help.

Hi Lu and welcome

Honestly, as Moonlights says, don't worry about calories for a while. This is a completely different way of eating, where you'll have lots of lovely things and never be hungry. Honest! You will love it :D

I always eat a lot more in the first week or two until ketosis kicks in and lowers appetite. I still managed to get good losses for week 1 even when eating like a horse!

Back