New starter

loubie84

Hi everyone,

Been to my gp today and he's given me orlistat again, I had them years ago but my gp didn't tell me the 'rules' and the tango affect freaked me out!

So now I know and I have discovered this forum so will make sure I visit everyday ;)

I wondered if anyone had any tips and also how do u factor in things like bread, pasta, potatoes into the 5g fat thing when u are eating out (I have a tuna and cucumber sandwich at work)

Lou x

Welcome. Look in the stickies section there's a great thread for newbies about all the rules etc but on here no question is too stupid. We all help each other .
If you use mfp ( my fitness pal) you can track all that you eat every day and it gives you all the figures etc so you can stay within your allowance . So your tuna sarni is easy to calculate. You can get mfp on the computer or as an app on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi & welcome! There are a few sticky threads that explain the basics but sounds as though you previously experienced the side effects!!!!!! I have now learnt that home preparation although a bit of a pain in the best way to make sure you don't get on the wrong side of Mr Tango lol...

If you're up to challenge yourself you could join our Easter Challenge, you still have over 7 weeks to see what you can do in that time.

Onwards & downwards x

Hi everyone,

Been to my gp today and he's given me orlistat again, I had them years ago but my gp didn't tell me the 'rules' and the tango affect freaked me out!

So now I know and I have discovered this forum so will make sure I visit everyday ;)

I wondered if anyone had any tips and also how do u factor in things like bread, pasta, potatoes into the 5g fat thing when u are eating out (I have a tuna and cucumber sandwich at work)

Lou x

welcome Lou, as Lexie suggests get onto the stickies with the advice. this forum is really supportive so make use of it. no such thing as tmi we are used to "sharing"
good luck with your journey

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome Loubie! The guys have given you the best advice. Have a read around the stickies and familarise yourself with the rules for xen. This is a really supportive forum, I visit everyday. Posting is a great replacement for snacking on rubbish! Join us on the Easter challenge to get yourself started. All the best on your journey and, keep us posted on you progress.

Hi Lou and welcome. Stickies are a must, as everyone says, as is Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com as far as I'm concerned. Obviously when you are at home you can weigh things if you want to be really precise, out and about is a bit more difficult and you have to guesstimate. Luckily pasta/potatoes and the like are all low in fat so won't break the rules. You've experienced the side effects before so you know what they're like, these won't happen if you stick to the 5% rule, and knowing what they are like should be enough to keep you on the straight and narrow! I find the tablets as useful as a deterrent as anything else. Good luck!

KB x

Hi Lou, Welcome to the forum :) Good luck on your weightloss journey. Just a repeat of what the others have said, check out the stickies and sign up to MFP, most of us are on there too!
We are all in the same boat and here to support and for encouragement :)

Back