New Starter

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by moti17, 2 May 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. moti17

moti17 is gonna do it!!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi there,
    I have been doing Cambridge diet and really can't carry on with it, due to extreme boredom!!
    Really considering doing WW now, as you can eat normally. The thing is, I work evenings, so won't be able to go to a class. Can I do it on-line? Also, what is the average weight loss? I guess it's around 2lb?
    Thanks
    CharXX

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, im sure there are meeting on in the morning and afternoon, ust goto the ww website and put in your post code and all the meeting nearby will show up with the times. I know you can do it online to, but personally i think it better to go and get weighed, but lots of people have had success doing it online at home, good luck and looking forward to hear how youget on x

4. RJLUCY

RJLUCY Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I haven't actually been to a meeting since I lost my first 35lbs. But I'm sure I would have lost faster if I had had someone cracking the whip. So I would recommend finding a meeting near you. They do them mornings, afternoons and evenings too.

Healthy weight loss is between 1 and 2 lbs a week, but it does depend on how much you have to lose. To be blunt, the bigger you are the quicker you lose. Your cycle etc affects your loss too.

But WW DOES work! And it's not just a quick fix.

Less Rotund One likes this.
  5. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Welcome to ww forum,you can do this online ,but i would suggest that you got to the morning or afternoon meeting as this will make you stick to it more personally but others will have other views

6. jamhulio

jamhulio Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I definitely recommend going to a meeting, i tried for weeks to do it on my own but there was always something nearly every day making me do it for day then something happened adn i thought 'i'll start again tomorrow' but since going to class i haven;t cheated once and have stayed on track knowing i'm going to get weighed at class ... and not wanting to waste class fees helps me want to make it worth it by losing

7. SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO Full Member

Diet:
    Ummmm, none really at present
    Hi,
    I tried online but like the others have said, personally I need the public weighing to keep me going!!
    L x

8. jamhulio

jamhulio Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    very impressed that you lost 29lbs so far, thats excellent, am jealous and wish i could do that well

9. moti17

moti17 is gonna do it!!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Arrrranks for all your replies, ww is the way forward!!

10. jamhulio

jamhulio Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    definitely seems to be the way forward, am actually enjoying finding all different foods can have and finding it easier than most diets i've done, and I've done quite a few

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im the opposite. I dont go to classes at all. I object to paying £5 a week for someone to weigh me when I have a perfectly good set of scales of my own :giggle:

12. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Your lucky sandy i cheat! when at goal its free!!

13. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi and welcome loveyxx

14. salad35

salad35 Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    hi, im new to ww, this is th start of my second week, i did the first week wrong and gained 1 pound, although i was 9 days late for my period, and now its here, is this normal, i didnt use fast start correctly, i was using between 18- 25 points, (my points is 25) didnt realise i should of used 18, please reply someone, i feel terrible that i gained!!! :-(
    dawne

15. Patchninja

Patchninja Full Member

Start Weight:
    30kg
    Current Weight:
    30kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I went to the meetings for 2 months to learn the right way to do it, get the recipe books I wanted etc and have been going it alone since.
    I agree that it can be expensive to pay so much to get weighed, but I knew that I had to learn all about it first. I thought I was cooking low fat etc but obviously not well enough!
    You'll really enjoy it once you get the hang of it. you'll eat really well and not feel deprived of anything!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.