New SW Online Member

Wolf

Slimming for a better lifestyle
Hey guys, I just joined SW online and thought I'd sign up here for some extra motivation and chat! :)

I'm a serial dieter and have been most of my life. I had a mother who loved to cook/bake and honestly believed that food = love and a father who was sporty and didn't want a tubby kid. The result being that I was seriously overweight by age 6 and enrolled in my first slimming club by age 10. So yes, my body and metabolism are REALLY messed up nowdays! :rolleyes:

I've done group SW before. A few years ago I lost a lot of weight for a holiday but then post-holiday motivation loss combined with really not getting along with the group leader meant that I just stopped going to groups. I'm now having a moment of panic as I'm getting married in May 2018 so figured I better sort myself out!

Anyway, I started SW again a couple of days ago. I'm clearly an absolute sucker for punishment as, not only have I started less than two months before Christmas, but I've also done so whilst in the middle of my period AND going cold turkey on both coffee and sugar! I'm also cutting down on carbs, especially bread.

So yeah, I don't feel great currently! :p

I'm one of those people who needs constant goals to focus on when I loose weight (otherwise my motivation evaporates!) so I've made myself some short term and long term goals.

1. Christmas 2016 - seeing family, currently a lot bigger than last time I saw them :(
2. Spring 2017 - possible mini break to Poland to see friends
3. End of May 2017 - my 40th birthday and a weekend away
4. End July 2017 - weekend away for London Film and Comic Con
5. May 2018 - getting married in Vegas
6. October 2019 - holiday to Florida

Anyway, I've rambled on enough!

Hi ! I just started too.. bit depressed since getting weighed but I suppose it is better than sitting at home eating!!
I am 18 13... have a way to go , first day but here goes!!
Deirdre

Back