New to all of this

red biddy

My husband and I are doing this together and are just coming to the end of our first week. It's a bit like starting a new job, everything is a bit daunting and it was only yesterday we fully understood and found our way around the optimizing book. One of the things I can't get my head around, is how much we can eat.I went to Iceland yesterday and fell lucky, in that they had just had a Slimming World delivery so stocked right up. Again, I thought the ready meals were for two and took some convincing that they were free foods.
We go to our weigh in on Monday. I shall be grateful if I've not gained!! Still, it's not a race and this week has been what my husband as an old sailor, calls 'sea trials' to iron out all the wrinkles. Even if we have a poor result we won't feel failures, it will make us more determined to knuckle down and learn from our mistakes and therefore settle in to this new lifestyle

Hi,
I'm new to this particular site and am finding this more daunting then slimming world :confused:. Looking forward to reading about your weigh in, I'm a Monday too, although I generally only step on the scales every 4 weeks. (PS this is my first post! Yaaay)

Hello Squash
I'm not used to forums at all. It took me ages and ages to set up a ticker,and then I had to ask the young lad next door for advice! I'm finding my way around, and getting lots of tips and down loading S.W.recipes like crazy. I'm a bit nervous about weighing in, but at least the group is friendly and supportive so I'll get advice on where I have gone wrong

I have just had a beautiful chicken dinner,sprouts, broad beans and dry roasted potatoes. No gravy, but a little bit of stewed apple as sauce. Can't believe it is legal!

We went to Iceland Frozen food store this morning and treated ourselves to 5 ready means each. It only came to £30, you'd spend more than that going out for a meal wouldn't you? We've got our menus sorted for this week, but next week week we will have a ready meal on 5 nights and a meal out of the cook book for the two.

Two weeks in and I have lost a total of 9lbs.I can't believe it because I eat far more than I used to. For breakfast yesterday we each had 2 lean rashers of bacon, 1 slimming world sausage 2 poached eggs 1 grilled tomato and a few grilled field mushrooms.No wonder we were stuffed until teatime.:D

Well done!! So great to see so many inspirational stories on here.. I only started sw last night and i am ASTONISHED at the weight I am ... 18 13. I have done SW before and lost so I am looking forward, especially after a divorce, to find myself again. I had only muller light and banana for breakfast because I need to go shopping!! I am working today so lunch is not prepared. :-/. Not a good start but I will be careful at lunch time and get a nice salad with mugshot.

Two weeks in and I have lost a total of 9lbs.I can't believe it because I eat far more than I used to.

It's absolutely crazy, isn't it!? :D

That was the thing that astounded me too, and still does to be honest. I personally find the weeks that I feel like I have eaten more (on plan), are the weeks I get the best results - plays havoc with my mind the day before weigh-in and then I just laugh and remember to trust the plan.

It's great that you feel so motivated and are seeing instant results, it really helps you keep focused!

Well done on your losses so far!

Well done!! So great to see so many inspirational stories on here.. I only started sw last night and i am ASTONISHED at the weight I am ... 18 13. I have done SW before and lost so I am looking forward, especially after a divorce, to find myself again. I had only muller light and banana for breakfast because I need to go shopping!! I am working today so lunch is not prepared. :-/. Not a good start but I will be careful at lunch time and get a nice salad with mugshot.

Well done on starting SW!

Don't forget to check back in and let us all know how you are doing!

It isn't like a diet is it? I feel full all the time, and those 'all day' breakfasts... so good they must be bad. We have discovered 'Hi Fi Light.' They sell them at group We have 1 a day with a cup of tea, only 3 syns and gorgeous.
Because there is just the 2 of us, we are lucky that we can go through our cupboards and sort out the good from the bad.Also we have stocked up on S.W.meals from Iceland.Only£3 a meal and they are such a generous serving, we thought they were for 2!

Hey Hun, don't forget that The hi life bars are also 2 bars as your healthy extra B choice ( the salted caramel ones are 1 bar = healthy extra)

Thanks Emma.I didn't know that. I've only just noticed that I can have beetroot too.I look forward to going to group, because I learn so much just by listening to members talking among themselves. I have to say, that my hubby and I have been made to feel really welcome and its just like a social club. It is inspiring when they show us photos of what they were like before joining.One young girl was 23 stones and now is 10.She's tall and willowy and quite a beauty

When I found out they were a healthy extra I was buzzing lol. You feel naughty eating them but they are good for you

Please don't think I have fallen off the forum. I am down with flu, and just wanted you to know that I am still around.I've been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days.

On the mend, got to group yesterday, but only to weigh, I didn't want to spread my germs. I lost3 anda half pounds,so that's just 2lbs to go for my first stone.I getbso many tips in group.One lady told me about meringue nests.Crumble 1 in a dish ( 3syns if I remember right) add some berries and mix it all up with FF plain yogurt.
Another is to make a sugar free jelly with 10ozs of boiling water. Let it cool then add 2 FF yogurts, a flavour to match the jelly. The jelly I use is free and the yogurt 2 syns.It makes four deserts.I have to keep checking on Slimming World on line syns come and go and they keep an up to date list

I'm making really heavy weather of losing this second 7lbs to get to my first stone off.At weigh in yesterday, I'd only lost 8ozs :doh: So just a pound a half to shift this week. I didn't realize how poorly I had been, until I
started to feel better.I've got some chicken in coke cooking on the hob for tonight and we are having it with cauliflower and broccoli.

Well done on the 1 stone! :)

Men lose weight so much faster, don't they! It's infuriating lol :p

Back