New to Atkins Saying Hi

Catthin

Silver Member
Hi Im Cathy
Just thought I would introduce myself.I have been lurking and reading lots of interesting threads on this forum.
I have been doing LT tfr for three weeks,last week I did my refeed but didnt add the starchy carbs in on day 4 just kept to protein and foundation veg.So here I am today raring to go and lose more fat.
I cant believe I have fried mushrooms in butter but they did taste yummy.
So hello everyone.Im sure I will be asking lots of questions along the way.
Cathy

Hi Cathy and welcome aboard! :wavey::)

Hi Cathy, welcome to our little forum love. :)

Hi and welcome Cathy x

Thanks Guys for your welcomes :D.
Ive just been out and bought some cream cheese to make oopsies LOL.
Cathy

Hi Cathy and greetings all :) Im a newbie to this forum but a past Atkins-er whose just jumped back on the wagon! Looking forward to talking with you all and sharing tips! :p

Thank you Nurselibby and welcome back.
I have just had my dinner and feel like I have been very bad.:eek:
I had a salmon steak fried in olive oil.Topped with garlic butter mushrooms with a small piece of roquefort cheese and two table spoons of cream. Creamed cauliflower mash with butter and cream. Sugar snap peas.
I couldnt eat it all and it tasted yummy please please tell me I havent been bad,and I am on the right track.I wasgoing to have rhubarb meringue but im too full.
If I am following this diet right I like it lots.
Cathy

Sounds yummy! Much more imaginative than i usually am - i usually get stuck in the rut of eating the same things each day.. last time i did Atkins it took me a year to eat eggs again :jelous: but i love 'em now! :D
I love mushrooms too oooooooh hehe
which butter do you use? some of the butters on the market are not that good in terms of 'bad fats' if you have too much of them :confused:
and how do you cream your mash? mine always goes lumpy but the again i only use a smoothie maker not a proper food processor :D
Libby:p

Hi Nurselibby
I used anchor butter but I think ill buy salt free next time aseverything tastes very salty to me.Which is the best butter to buy.
My cauliflower was a bit lumpy I just used a potato masher lol.
I tried making the oopsies but I think woopsies were more like it I beat the egg whites first then mixed all the other ingriedients ,but the egg whites seperated so the mix was really watery and the oopsies looked like egg custard meringues :8855:.Tasted sort of egg custardy too.
I have the cheese beef pie in the oven for lunch tomorrow.
Take care
Cathy

Hi Cathy and welcome! Your food sounds good to me :D
I made oopsies for the first time last week, they came out ok I think but the texture was not right for savoury food, too fluffy, but they were good with some cream and splenda for a pudding.
Bren xx

What are oopsies guys? Ive not heard of them before! Ive just done my first food shop for the diet and bought myself some scales eeeeeeeek! here we go! :D pie sounds goooood! I need to start trying to cook new things this time around.. i got bored so quick the last time! x

There is a thread somewhere on here that gives step by step instructions, they are a bit like meringue when cooked, but softer, some use them as a roll to put fillings in but that did not hit the spot for me, used them sweet with splenda and cream for pudding.
Bren xx

Thanks Bren i'll have a look! :)
Congrats on your weight loss i see from your statistics too - excellent! and for sticking at it that long - really inspiring stuff :D

Libby xx

I have bumped it up for you - should be one of the first few posts on here now!

Thanks for the comments too :D
Bren xxx

your menu looks good to me hun, im glad you didnt have the rubarb meringue, meringue is full of sugar and no fruit is allowed on induction....

meat fish eggs cream and cheese....the way to go! x

Hi Libby and welcome, and cathy meringue?

Hi Jim
I was going to top the rhubarb,which I thought was allowed on induction,with eggwhite merinue made with Egg white and splenda ,no sugar in site LOL.
But I was too full lol.Lucky escape then
Cathy

Hmm, well I suppose it could be OK as it's 7G carb per serving, but how would you manage it without sugar cathy?

Hi Jim
I was going to use 2tblspoons of splenda powder
Whisk the egg whites untill really firm then fold in the splenda the bake in the oven .
The splenda would need to be counted as carbs but it would make a few meringues.Do you think I should leave it untill im in Owl.
Thanks Cathy

Back