New to Cambridge diet

Ireland78

hi there. I'm starting the Cambridge diet tomorrow and already have a "I can't do it" attitude. The thought of no eating is so hard!!! I am almost 17 stone and feel so disgusted with myself. I'm really unhappy.

Hi there I am in week 10 and I was exactly the same , the 1st week will be the hardest to detox your body and get used to not having anything else but try as hard as you can with the water it makes a difference and remember this time next week you will weigh less than you do now and just take a week or a day at a time
There is always someone on here if you need a rant or a moan
Have you set yourself some goals ?

How much water are you drinking? I'm actually living in the US but was on minimins years ago. My mother is coming to visit on June 30th and would love to look good for then.
How much weight have you lost in 10 weeks?! Good for you btw.

I drink 5 x 750ml but that's just me and I found the weeks I cut back I didn't loose as much
I have lost almost 3.5 stone which I really wasn't expecting TBH
I am in the Netherlands from Ireland originally :D
What part of the US are you in ? My sister lives in NYC
use your mum visiting as motivation !! She won't recognize you and you can set your self mini goals along the way
Make sure to treat yourself to something however small when you reach them
For me I bought new PJ's lol

I'm living in Michigan. I really like it here although I miss home a lot.
I'm going to try my damndest to stick to this. I have to. I badly dislocated my knee 4 months ago and my knee still isn't right even after surgery. My surgeon said weight loss is critical. So I gotta do it.
Tomorrow!

Thank you! I had a good day today. Yesterday I cheated - first day and all - but with something healthy. I was so disappointed with myself afterwards. Nearly caved today but got through it. Need to work on my water intake I think. But really pleased with myself!

Hi Ireland,

I've started the Cambridge diet as well last week, so I'm relatively new too :) so far so good for me, apart from the frequent toilet trips..not so good when I'm at work LOL

Hello guys! hope to be able to check in from time to time. I noticed doing this diet alone is not. good. so I would really be grateful for some company :). I started (for the umpteenth time this year) on Saturday weighing a whopping 99.6kg. I think thats around 16 to 17 stone and that is definitely not. good. :(. I need to get to 13 stone really so here goes. I've been good so far with maple porridge and chocolate shakes but I just broke down today and had some crackers butter and chocolates. and I feel pretty nasty at the moment.so here I am looking for encouragement.a kick up the ass.anything really....

...busy googling "are Jacob's crackers healthy".....:eek: I'm a nut case, I know....

My weigh in day is Saturday; hoping to see a shift from 99. Meanwhile how do you guys intend to cope with all the Easter goodies we'll be missing....

Hi Julychic,

I have also strayed the CD last week, so I'm still relatively new!! The first days are the worse but as soon as you get to day 4/5 you'll feel better!! I promise!
Any time you are thinking about cheating get a glass of water, fizzy fills me up for example, or I know this will sound insane but I jump up and down 10 times, and maybe because I feel super silly I burst into laughter and then I don't feel the hunger pain anymore..( but then again I'm a special breed lol)

Hahahaha @Mimistar!!! Now that sounds like fun:D I agree with the water idea; I'm not too tripped by my slip up as it wasn't easy clocking 4 days straight; so it feels like being back at day 1. However, the scary part really is how easily I caved. Neither water nor the thought of my progress so far was enough to stop me. That's the problem...

Hello and happy Friday,

Today started great, even if I say so myself..husband surprised me with a weekend getaway (tomorrow) to Newcastle..little he knows that I won't be drinking or partying but at least will be fun to go away..( we both work in the airline industry so don't see each other often)

My lunch today - butterscotch shake..surprisingly good, reminds me of a Starbucks vanilla and caramel frappuccino yum ( I must be delirious I know)

How is your day going? Which one is your fav product?
Sending motivational kisses your way

Now those surprise outings always come with mixed feelings for me. I'm happy to be out, but I'm afraid the temptations will be too much. I hope you have much better luck than I do while you're out having fun with the hubster :D The kids got me to take them out as a treat this Easter and as I type I have 3 plates of food waiting for them in front of me as they swim; while I console myself with my trusty ole chocolate mint shake; heheheh. It's my favorite actually, and I always have at least 1 pack on me all the time for emergencies. Such as this. :(. The Chicken is so tempting on their chips - especially after being a keto-warrior in another life ;) ; but the fact that it won't hinder ketosis doesn't help with the knowledge that I have a target to hit by July!!! I had a mango shake this morning after my workout and I have a Mix a mousse desert a la Toffee & walnut :cool:chilling for me in the fridge when I get back home. They seem to want to drag me off to watch Boss Baby at the Cinemas so I still have the popcorn hurdle to cross. Sighhhh!!! Happy days being on a diet :). Well I guess its "eye on the ball" as we say right? I'll be checking back here tomorrow after weighing in to keep it real...hope to see you online too!!!

Hi Girl,
Sorry for my late reply I've just come back from my weekend away..surprisingly I've been very good and avoided temptations..but I did cave and has 2gin and slimline tonic, luckily this didn't knock me out of ketosis so phewww!!
From now on it's definitely eye on the ball..you're too right!
Ps I never had any mousses..would you recommend them?
Hope you have s lovely Easter!! No eggs for me this year

;)
Hi Girl,
Sorry for my late reply I've just come back from my weekend away..surprisingly I've been very good and avoided temptations..but I did cave and has 2gin and slimline tonic, luckily this didn't knock me out of ketosis so phewww!!
From now on it's definitely eye on the ball..you're too right!
Ps I never had any mousses..would you recommend them?
Hope you have s lovely Easter!! No eggs for me this year

Oooo yes, I would recommend the mousse especially if it's either that or a temptation from the carby side of life;)

But if you can cope without the mousse then the less distractions from plan the better. I think it's my answer to the season really and it's also something else to do and experiment with while waiting between shakes :D

And about eggs....hmmmm, they don't have to be candied you know ;) one or two hard boiled eggs and you're still on plan just on step 2. After all, it's Easter :)

Welcome back!

Back