Step 1 Sole Source New to CDP. Soup?

swb123

Hi all

Today's my first day and pretty much already fed up. Just ate the soup (chicken and mushroom) tasted lovely was just a bit powdery. I'm panicking though because I just couldn't finish it. I had like 3/4 of it but it started to make me feel sick. Will this affect anything other than the obvious hunger!?

I haven't got one yet, I ordered one a couple of days ago so I'm hoping that will help. Finding it really tough though

I have struggled with the sup and the porridge although my hubby likes the porridge - Definitely need a blender though, I don't find the little Cambridge whizzer up to the job really - keep trying different things, I like most of the shakes and now love the bars x

I am staying fair away from the soup haha :) I have my shakes which I like can't wait to start the bars next week :)))

I haven't had the soups yet, I thought i'd get by on shakes but last night (first day) I was craving savoury SO much xD I've emailed my CDC to see if i can swap some shakes for soups! :D Most people say they are horrible though! D:

Well done for your first day, though :D (Well it's been a week now, Yay Knitty, so slow xD) How are you finding it? :D

Hand blenders are super helpful! :D I've never used one before, managed to get one super cheap, its very noisy but it does the job super, hehehe :D

Last edited:
Hii I gave up on the soup but I know people that like them! I've got a blender now :) so that's better! How you finding it? I've found it's just habbit now. And I don't wana ruin it so I'm focused. Lost 13 pound in 11 days and 9 inches so I'm happy. The results keep me going :) xx

Wow - that's brilliant - well done you x

I haven't had the soups yet, I thought i'd get by on shakes but last night (first day) I was craving savoury SO much xD I've emailed my CDC to see if i can swap some shakes for soups! :D Most people say they are horrible though! D:

Well done for your first day, though :D (Well it's been a week now, Yay Knitty, so slow xD) How are you finding it? :D

Hand blenders are super helpful! :D I've never used one before, managed to get one super cheap, its very noisy but it does the job super, hehehe :D

The soups aren't too bad. I prefer them over the shakes. The chick and mushroom one is nice and the spicy tomato one isn't bad either. I'm hoping to have porridge for lunch/tea and another shake for supper. I find the vanilla shakes the nicest but they definitely need blended
Cheryl x

Yay you guys! Thanks for your replies, hehehe :D I had my first soup this evening, chicken and mushroom and was surprisingly nice! :D Definitely helped with my savory craving. That's an amazing loss Swb! :D Well done, keep it up! :D

Oooh cool, Cheryl! :D I had a vanilla shake this morning, and it was super nice! :D But I think the mint chocs are my super favourite! I've always been a fan of mint, hehehe :D I'm super glad i've got the option of soup or shake, though :D

Keep it up everyone! :D
-Knitty

hey, that is an awesome loss! well done.
I have also had trouble finishing them, I have found a straw helps. In the book it has said on page 38 that feeling sick can happen. I find some of the products are just too disgusting to drink and that is why I feel sick, but it could be all in my head. Slim fast drinks are all like that for me. At least cambridge have some nice ones.

Once you find the ones you like that will be easer. I guess that, by not finishing it you wont get all the benifit of the vitamins. However, the way I was looking at it is: on my old diet I ate crap that had bearly any nutritional value. So drinking as much of the cambridge products as I can is still better than what I was eating. Once you get only ones you like that will be easer.

I find the shakes way to creamy. Though not all of the soups taste nice, but nice enough I can drink. I have'nt tired all the flavours yet though. You know I love mint anything. I have mint leaves of 4 diffrent types grewing in my garden. In the summer the apple mint and choc mint smell so nice. But the mint choc shake I just don't like! Its strange. I think I maybe need to blend it more. I found it to be a little tasteless. Maybe its just because I'm used to mint hot choclate.

I hate porrage, but I'm going to ask for some when I go for more products. just to see if they are easer to eat than the shakes.
How are you finding the weight loss on the first week?

Aww bless yeh D: Have you tried all of the flavours? :3 I've only tried the mint- I've never been a fan of shakes, diet or otherwise xD so I was apprehensive about them but I reeeeally like the mint choc one :D I tried the vanilla which was nice but a bit too heavy for me :D I've not tried the porridge yet, and only one soup :D Apparently there is a thing called mix a mousse, which turns the shakes into a moussey texture - ive yet to try that too :D

I absolutely hate the porridges, to me they really are quite vile and I don't understand how some people like them! Love the mint chocolate shake warm though. Most of the other shakes are nice but I find it better to fill a glass with ice cubes then pour the shake in, makes them taste nicer somehow. I'm currently alternating between the chicken and mushroom soup and the oriental chilli one. I've tried the potato and leek but didn't think that much of it. The mushroom one is alright but since I always find myself comparing it to the Covent Garden soup I don't bother with it anymore. The spicy tomato one just tastes weird to me! Love the lemon bar, and the toffee one is as close to a Cadbury's Fudge bar as I'm gonna get in the next 3 months! Didn't like the peanut one though, it too tasted weird.
Has anyone had any success with the mix-a-mousse? I tried it once with a mint chocolate sachet but it just ended up being slightly thicker than normal with loads of gelatinous lumps, not very nice at all!

I haven't tried to mouse yet. I'm on the bars from tomorrow which right now is more exciting than the steak I'm cooking my OH hahah!

Today is my first day

I had porridge maple and pecan -that was ok

Strawberry on the go shake - like it

Chicken and mushroom soup - ok

Warm chocolate mint shake - love it - perfect end to the day

I have notice you do need to blend it and drink lots of water.

I have not tried the mouse yet - it sounds tasty and I cannot wait to tried the bars.

At the moment this is great for me because I order a variety to see what I like, so this week is a taster week.

Im going to enjoy and let the lbs fall off lol :) x

I haven't tried the porridge yet - I'm a fan of the normal stuff but only really with sugar, otherwise its a bit plain D: I'm falling into a bit of a pattern now though, i have a sweet shake for brekkie, a soup for dinner, and depending on my mood, a soup or shake for lunch :D

I'll have to try the other soups - i've heard a few people say they weren't keen on the potato and leek. D: Oriental Chilli sounds lovely! :D

That sucks about the mix-a-mousse! D: Do you have to blend it, maybe? I'm still getting aquainted with my hand blender, its very noisy and I don't like loud noises xD But it's getting there, hehehe! :D

The reason why I say the porridge is ok it was a bit 2 watery for me - I asked my consultant if a could add less water to thicken it up a bit more. She said it was fine but I have to remember to keep drinking water throughout the day. :sigh:

Don't no anything about the mousse :confused:

I find if you put the scoop of mixamousse into the powdered shake n mix them first before adding to cold water, then blend with the trusty hand blender! It does works a treat! I put mine in the freezer to get it to set quicker! I'm impatient lol!

Back