New to diet, and confused

Lady31

hiya all :)

I'm new to the exante diet and just found this forum! I'm 30yrs old and need to lose about 9stone. I've been doing exante now since Thursday and managing ok so far.

I'm so confused about the break though? Ideally I didn't want to have the food break after 4 weeks and wanted to carry on going with just the shakes, is this safe to do so or do you have to introduce a low cal meal?

Thankyou, and hope your all getting on well with the diet!

I've just ploughed through in the past and not had the break unless I had a planned event.

What you could do though is change to having a Working Solutions week on the food break - so you'd have two packs and a low cal, low carb meal.

Hope that helps!

I've never done the food week but it's totally your decision. As Exante is done at home and not monitored by a doctor or anything that's why they say you need to have a food week. I think supervised plans like Cambridge allow you to go 12 weeks without food as you are seeing a rep once a week.

If you want to take in the extra cals but you don't want to eat food you can make them up with milk I think :)

Thankyou ladies,

That's really helpful :) milk really? How much milk do I add to the shakes if I decide to do that on the 4th week? And what milk do I use? Also do I add it to every shake or just one a day? Thankyou :)

This is from the exante website;

How does the 'Low Calorie Week' Work?
During Low Calorie Week continue to consume either 3 x 200 calorie or 4 x 150 calorie Exante Diet products per day, but you must also include at least 201 kcal of conventional food per day. Read more about foods to consume on Low Calorie Week.. Or if you wish to abstain from conventional food for longer then a milk allowance of 201 kcal is suitable. At the end of the week either go back to Total Solution if you want to lose more weight or try one of the other Solutions if you are ready to maintain your weight loss.

So guess just make it up from whichever milk you like and use it throughout the day however you like :)

Back