new to diets and need help :)

candycream29

Hi all, i'm Sarah and i have 3 young boys. I have never dieted before, but i am at my biggest i now weigh in at a hefty 15st 3lbs! i used to weigh 10st 2lbs, so a long way to go till i reach then!

I am looking to head down to a size 10/12 but i would be happy at a 12/14!

i havent a clue where to start, i have a wii fit (xmas pressie from me parents....do you think they were trying to tell me something? lol) and as a single mum on benefits i cannot afford the gym or slimming clubs! so i guess i am looking for a bit of moral support and helpful hints for an not very good cook! gotta admit i am lazy...i have no motivation (another reason i am constantly putting on weight! catch 22 eh?) i suffer from depression and i know one thing that would help is if i could get my confidence back again!

i have booked a 2 week holiday in July to great yarmouth with me and my boys and dont wanna look as bad i have been for the past few years. My eldest son is going to secondary school this year and want him to be proud to call me his mum!

anyway enough of my life story! just wanted to say i am really glad i found this site and cant wait to get started on my diet monday! oh and if anyone has some helpful hints about coming off dr pepper that would be fab! i dont drink tea or coffee so not really any kind of nice substitute for me except pure juice i guess lol

Hi and welcome. Have you asked for help from your doctor? Or you could join a slimming club? Is there a diet version of dr Pepper?

Irene xx

Thanks Irene :) I haven't spoke to my doctor as of yet (have been seeing her for depression though as lost my job a few weeks back, so trying to get back on track now!) all my money is being saved for the holiday now, so slimming worlds are a no go! and i really want to get off dr pepper as it is so bad for me, but its an addiction sadly :( am not very good at sticking to targets but am determined to lose weight before anything, fed up with having a muffin top!

I was looking into lipotrim though, but generally healthy eating and exercise it what i had planned! :)

Sarah x

Hi I have been to my doctors this week and they will pay for me to go on weight watchers and a membership for the gym on the NHS.

I'm in Lincolnshire and am 14st 1lb and 5th 6in he also gave me a prescription for orlistat.

I have also had a meeting with the Cambridge diet counsellor and can start that on Wednesday next week so need to decide what to do.

Good luck with what ever you decided to do and love life x

Back