NEW TO EXANTE!!

JadeMarie90

Hi,

I just received my exante package this morning and am going to start fresh on Monday! Was wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I have bought the 4 week bumper back, whats good and whats "bad" in there? I'm not a fan of choc flavoured stuff so I may give the choc shakes a miss, was considering purchasing a couple packs of porridge instead, anyone tried these? I'm scared they are going to taste like wallpaper paste lol..

Any inspiration/motivation is well needed! I'm definitely going to need support during this diet! I can tell it's going to be tough to stick to! Especially whilst working in an office where everyone constantly buys treats during the day:(

Hi JadeMarie, good luck! I think what you like depends on your individual taste. I can't stand the soups (evil!) - but some people really like them. I have shakes and porridge. I'm not keen on the exante bars as I think they're cardboardy (but not horrible) so I use tesco ultraslim bars instead now. I've got a really sweet tooth and the porridge is really quite sweet so I like it. I like the shakes (but sometimes I add a sweetener to them as I think they're a bit bland without). You'll work out what you need to do!

Tip; Be organised! Get lots of soda water in (if you like it) and take some to work as an alternative to black tea and coffee. I buy Asda diet coke too because it does not contain cirtric acid and therefore should not effect ketosis. There is also marigold swiss vegetable Bouillon (a pot of vegetable stocky stuff) which can be used as a drink. I think being prepared with these things in you first week helps. Keep drinking little and OFTEN to achieve the recommended fluid intake.

First few days are hard but woth it. Good luck and use this place for support x

the porride is okey but sme pple dont lyk it so its an individual thing , i can stomach the bars, but they are not perfect, i just try not to think about it, i've bought pasta carbonara t taste have not got round to doing that yet as i am not a fan of soups. good luck as said above the first week is the hardest but keeping drinking tea, water and watever else is recommended on the diet u will b fyn. If you are falling off and can't contain the hunger u can rather have another pack instead of eating real food it will make it harder. good luck

Hi I only have the shakes and porridge I have ordered some of the pasta to try I have the tesco bars and find them nice with a black coffee. I fill up my 2 litre bottle of water every night and put it in the fridge for the next day so this makes me drink it. I also have peppermint tea to heat me up in the evenings! Best of luck

Hi JadeMarie90
Good luck with your new plan from Monday, I am just waiting for my pack to arrive, I only ordered it last night so am hoping it will be here by Tuesday.
Hopefully being new together we can give each other lots of support :)

Hi guys, thanks for all the support! Monday has finally arrived meaning the diet has too! I'm just trying to stay positive & i'm going to try stay active all day so I don't have time to even think about food aha! Well it's time for the dreaded weigh in!! I've decided to do a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch & a soup for dinner! I guess i'll soon find out what I do and don't like! I'll check in with a progress report tonight!

Welcome Jade!!!

Good Luck Jade - I'm just coming to end of week 1 and I wont fib was toughest at Day 3 - 1+2 I was super motivated then by Day 3 I wobbled but an early night meant I didnt succumb and was fine from then on - we even had a bonfire party at the weekend and after just doing recycling boxes - friends drank enough to sink a battleship but aagin I stayed sober - a first!!

So take it a day at a time or even an hour by hour and you'll be fine

Vee x

Hi, I am also starting today - still awaiting delivery so feeling pretty hungry at the moment! :)

Last edited:
I'm glad to see I have some people starting same day as me although I have a lot more to lose than you guys aha! I had a strawberry shake this morning, it wasn't too bad! Actually tasted like it was made with milk instead of just blended with water lol! I tried the nuts, raisin and toffee bar just now for lunch and only managed one bite! It tasted like cardboard and I honestly couldn't bring myself to finish it! I'm hoping the thai chicken soup is a little more promising as I am having that for dinner tonight and I will now be absolutely STARVING by this point!

But we can do this :) .. we HAVE to do this!

Yes it would be good to keep in touch as I'm sure doing it alongside others is much more motivating than doing alone! Have you tried these type of diets before? Also, are you doing 4wks then a break and then starting again? x

I'm going to give the choc orange bar a go tomorrow but the other one really just didn't appeal to me at all! I had to wash down the one and only bite I took with water aha! I bought the 4wk bumper pack as this is my first time doing the diet and I didn't know what I would and wouldn't like but at least I'll know for next time!

Yeah ~I'm doing 4 weeks then a break and will start back up as I definitely won't be at my target weight by then aha!

I bought the 2wk pack through Wowcher, so am planning to stock up again next week and will probably go for the 4wk pack next time, as sure I won't lose over 2 stone in 2 wks!:) I am still waiting for my delivery and surviving on 1 black coffee and lots of water at the moment - the parcel is on the van I have been informed :)

I suppose every one likes different things, so I am quite looking forward to trying it all, and that will help me decide what to order next. I have the 2wk pack due today which I ordered through Wowcher offer, so next week I plan to order the 4wk supply. Unless I lose 2 stone in 2 wks of course ;). Surviving on 1 black coffee and water at the moment, but apparently the parcel is on the delivery van......

I bought a months supply of exante and tried to start a couple of weeks ago but gave up on day 5 :( Prior to that I've never tried this type of diet. I'm only planning on doing this for 2 weeks now and will see how I feel after that. I've done weight watchers before this. I'm trying to lose my last bit of baby weight. I had my fourth baby just over 3 months ago.Have you done this type of diet before? :) x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I've done Weightwatchers, healthy eating etc etc, but have never really stuck to anything. I tend to see a bit of a loss and then think I can treat myself. So this type of diet is totally new to me, so I'm hoping by taking food out of the equation it will help me to see a quick loss and then I plan to eat extremely healthily as I can't keep yo-yoing any more! Just want to feel comfortable in a nice pair of jeans again without having to wear baggy tops. Will miss fruit and veg, so plan to eat plenty of that on break-weeks!

Hey guys! I'm slowly nibbling on my not-so-liked bar at the moment to stop the hunger pains! I'm dying in the office though! A member of the team is leaving today and he has just gone out and bought Krispy Kremes and all types of other goodies! I've just refrained from walking past the desk they are currently on lol.. I'm bing strong and not giving in though!

Well done on being strong :) Just keep picturing yourself at the end of this and how good you will feel :) You are doing really well :) x

Well my parcel arrived - 8 items were missing (all the bars!) so I have emailed them about that. I have since tried the banana shake and the thai chicken soup. I managed the shake but felt quite sick after and I could barely manage a few gulps of the soup as it made me feel so sick. I watered the soup down a bit and tried it in a bowl and also from the shaker, I even tried swallowing whilst holding my nose, but it made me wretch and I couldn't continue with it. Feeling very disappointed tonight and ending up having chicken and veg for my dinner - really don't think I can do this - feel totally gutted as got myself psyched up but didn't realise I would hate the taste/texture/smell of the stuff so much. :cry:

Well done on being strong :) Just keep picturing yourself at the end of this and how good you will feel :) You are doing really well :) x

Well my parcel arrived - 8 items were missing (all the bars!) so I have emailed them about that. I have since tried the banana shake and the thai chicken soup. I managed the shake but felt quite sick after and I could barely manage a few gulps of the soup as it made me feel so sick. I watered the soup down a bit and tried it in a bowl and also from the shaker, I even tried swallowing whilst holding my nose, but it made me wretch and I couldn't continue with it. Feeling very disappointed tonight and ending up having chicken and veg for my dinner - really don't think I can do this - feel totally gutted as got myself psyched up but didn't realise I would hate the taste/texture/smell of the stuff so much. :cry:

Kookie, I've had the same problem! I tried the thai chicken soup this evening & gagged so much I had to stop eating it! I instead had an orange choc bar for dinner! It looks like i'm going to be trying to survive on just shakes n bars! I dont know if i'll be doing this for much longer than a month! If i enjoyed the taste I would definitely do it long term!

I'm really not sure what to do now. Maybe I should try the other shakes and bars before deciding to give up totally. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the soup, I even got my hubby to taste a bit and he thought it was ok, but seriously I could not stomach it at all. I think he was just trying to get me to continue with it, probably thinking I was giving up too easily! I really feel I could do this if they tasted nicer - I wasn't even bothered that I wasn't eating food, it was simply the taste and texture. The missing bars should be delivered Weds, so now I'm thinking I should just have the shakes til then....:confused:

Back