New to exante

Cheezey

Hi, I am Cheezy and have been big and dieting all my life. I just started Exante today and I really hope it works for me. I have read and seen a lot of amazing before and after stories and pictures and cant wait to post some of mine. I have over 12stone to lose and truthfully I am a little frightened of the journey. I hope to get as much support as I can from this forum to help me achieve this goal in 2016.

Welcome Cheezey! You have to be determined and stubborn to do any total meal replacement If you are, then you can do this. I tried before, would always pick and give up after a few days. This time I am determined. Lost 5.5lbs in first week. I have 3 stone to lose. How has it been so far?

Hi Cheezy and CroydonGal,

I'm starting a vlcd tomorrow and I have 8 stone to lose, probably could lose more but 8 stone is what I have set my goal at and if I get there in 2016 I will be more than happy!

Good luck with Exante

Hi, I am restarting Exante tomorrow having been quite successful with it a couple of years ago (but obviously not successful enough lol!!) I would be happy to lose about 5 stone. Good luck for your journey and hope this year will be the one we all finally get slim! :)

Hi, I am restarting Exante tomorrow having been quite successful with it a couple of years ago (but obviously not successful enough lol!!) I would be happy to lose about 5 stone. Good luck for your journey and hope this year will be the one we all finally get slim! :)
Just started my own Exante journey this morning curious to know how you're doing and what sort of weight loss I might expect if u wouldn't mind sharing info?
Thanks

Hi, I started back on Exante as I said I would in January, and was doing well on a mixture of the total meal replacement and having a low carb meal on some days, depending on what I was doing. I'd managed to lose about 12 lb up until the beginning of February when I suddenly suffered a horrible problem in my arthritic knee called a ruptured baker's cyst...to cut a long story short I've been in terrible pain, on crutches and unable to drive for seven weeks. For the first few weeks the diet went out the window, all I wanted was comfort food. However I finally saw an orthopaedic consultant two weeks ago and was weighed during my appointment...I was horrified to find I'd put back all the weight I'd lost. I've now been scheduled for knee replacement surgery as soon as possible but in the meantime I have to lose as much weight as possible. I restarted on Exante 0n 21st March and in ten days have lost 11.5 lb, which I am thrilled about, especially as I'm not mobile and able to exercise. I've stuck to the total replacement plan except for two evenings when I've had a chicken breast and veg. I'm actually finding it quite easy this time and have had no side effects apart fom the horrible dog breath :). I've done VLCD's before including Cambridge and done well, usually losing about a stone a month, the problem is that when I've lost the weight I go back to my old ways and put it back on. I've been yo yo dieting for 40 years and have done every diet under the sun, but this type of dieting really suits me, I just have to learn how to re educate myself when I've finished!

Good luck for your journey, if you want someone to buddy up with I'd be happy to share experiences along the way!

Best wishes,
Nicky

Hi everyone, I've started Exante today. I've been on the CD before but put all the weight back on after I had my youngest and have decided I can't call it baby weight 7 years on.;) I need to lose about 4 stone, so any advise or support would be great. How is everyone getting on with it so far?

Hi Nicky I'd be definitely be interested in buddying up you've done great losing 11.5lbs in 10 days its a brilliant loss! Do you have an idea when your knee replacement surgery will be, it sounds very painful.

Best wishes
Lilli

Hi Lilli,
Thanks for your reply, would be good to buddy up. I'm still calling mine baby weight and my four are 29-35! ;) When I saw the consultant a couple of weeks ago he said "as soon as possible" which realistically will be 3 months. I am absolutely bricking it about having it done but know it's going to be great to be off the crutches and playing with my little grandkids again! In the meantime I've just got to keep going with the weight loss.

Good luck with your journey, hope it's going well so far.

Best wishes,

Nicky

Back