New to GI..

Roziee

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Quick summary about my weight loss so far.

I've lost just over 5 stones with slimming world but it's slowing down now.

Have heard GI is good for people with PCOS tendencies which I have so was wondering where I begin?

I'm thinking of combining it with SW- in the sense that I will just replAce my food with LOW GI and use the SW principles. Has anyone else done this?

And where do I go to purchase the index for GI? Online or can I download it from somewhere?

Thanks guys x

GI has quite a lot in common with primal/ paleo why don't you have a read of marks daily apple..
Www.marksdailyapple.com

The GI list can be got via Amazon for the kindle app/ or e-reader etc

Hi

I'm just starting out with GI diet . I got some info on Low GI Foods - List . I ordered a book second had on amazon Collins How to succeed using a Glycemic Index for about two pounds, its the size of a pocket dictionary and has food divided into red / amber/ green . It was a help when doing the shopping! I did slimming world a few years ago and got back to the dress size I wanted to be but the way I used the diet I was too reliant on products with artificial sweeteners .

Having followed SW plan will prob make this an easier transition for you . I did a sugar detox diet , then low carb to not much avail. How I missed fruit. I feel very spoiled being able to have a bit of bread again!

Thank you for that. I'll definitely take a look at that.

Yes, I love Sw but there are aspects of it that I'm beginning to disagree with.

How much are you looking to lose using the low GI diet?

I'd like to lose between 14 and 20 lbs but not had much success being able to shift that again! I had browsed a few books previously but only started trying to follow a plan about a week ago .

I ordered the Rick Gallop book and cookbook and they look very interesting. First time I had rice again in i couldnt say how long!

Back