New to here and starting Paul Mckenna 'diet' today

Hi all,

I'm new to here and am starting Paul Mckennas 'I can make you thin' today.

I've lost 7lbs in two weeks on it before but stopped listening to the cd when I went on my honeymoon.

I've been on SW for a few years before but personally became obsessed with food on that so tried Paul's book and fell in love with how easy it all was.

His book is just common sense tbh but for me it has worked in the past and has been an enjoyable experience.

Anyone got any tips for following Pauls book or tips for using Minimins?

Thanks guys XXXXXX

Hi there!

How are you getting on with PM this time round? I could never get back into it the second time round :cry:I stopped listening everyday after the first 2 weeks and then slipped back into old eating habits and could never find the 'zone' again :(

It's nice and gentle though and you don't feel like you're missing out on anything!

Good luck!
WT

Hi there!

How are you getting on with PM this time round? I could never get back into it the second time round :cry:I stopped listening everyday after the first 2 weeks and then slipped back into old eating habits and could never find the 'zone' again :(

It's nice and gentle though and you don't feel like you're missing out on anything!

Good luck!
WT

Hi I'm getting on well today,

Listened to the CD this morning, did 20 mins of yoga.

I've had an apple and a banana for breakfast.

For lunch I've had a homemade egg fried rice with prawns (ate half) and a few spoonsfuls of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream yummie!

Not stuffed my face just had enough to keep me going and I've got loads of energy for all the housework I've got to do!

Been drinking lots of water too.

Just need to stick with listening to the CD that's the only difficult part I think.

Which diet are you on? how you finding it?

That sounds like a good start :)
I'm kickstarting my 'diet' with a month of slim fast (well, the cheaper tesco version!) and then after Christmas I will just adopt a healthier calorie counting approach. I'm not finding it too bad at the moment. I know slim fast and own brand version get a lot of bad press as people say they leave them hungry and they're full of sugar but I think for 5/6 weeks it can't be that bad and I'm getting a good loss (8lb so far) so will revise it after Christmas.
Calorie counting in the past has been the best way for me to lose weight rather than any faddy diets and even WW and SW I found difficult but we'll see this time as I work full time, have a husband and 2 young children!

I've never tried slim fast only because I don't like milkshake things but my sister has used it for a kick start with success...I suppose its like any diet - maintaining is the hard bit! but 8lbs is amazing so well done!

I've calorie counted before and it works but I'm the type of person to get a little obsessed so it's not for me really. Family and friends have been a little worried in the past about my obsession with dieting that's when I came across PM and it seemed to make sense for me.

Hopefully I can keep listening to the CD fingers crossed x

Let me know how you get on with slim fast X

P.s I've got a full time job and a husband but no kids...yet! I don't know how you juggle all that - total respect :)

Sounds great! Most diets have similar healthy aspects- more fruit and veg:) Can't go wrong with that!

Back