New to Minimins and Lighterlife

colette68

Hi, I'm new to minimins and tonight is my 3rd weigh in on Lighterlife. lost 11lbs first 2 weeks but i think I'll be lucky with one or two tonight - need to keep motivated and just wanted to say hi to you all x

Hi Colette68,
Thats a brilliant result so far so well done!! if you keep going the rate your going you'll have lost the weight in no time. x :D

Last edited:
I was on lighterlife lite for three months in spring 2010 for my wedding, and lost three stone and kept it off for over year and a half. But i started getting sick last October and was diagnosed with M.E, cause of it ive put most of the weight back on and its getting me down as I cant do any exercise (which i love) cause im in a wheelchair (if i get out!!) so im hoping to lose the weight and maybe itll help with the M.E by maybe it levelling out.:sigh: I know the diet works and I love the choc shakes so I know I can cope.lol. Today is my first day back on the diet and ive already first two litres of water cause it really helps me with shifting the weight!!!:D how are you finding it? enjoying it? :eek: x

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your illness, that and the weight gain must have been so hard for you, but at least you're coming through it now by being positive and starting again -plus, as you say, you've done it before so know you can do it - good for you! have you always been in a chair or is it ME related? Good luck anyway as we all know any weight loss helps healthwise! one of my problems is wine, so total abstinence is easier than cutting down I find, hope to cut it out midweek altogether because of lighterlife. i'm not exactly enjoying it, but I'm coping so far, its hard though - the monotony and the temptation and it seems a long way ahead but i've tried everything else x

Hi Colette, Good luck on your journey. I thought I would add to your thread rather than start my own. I started LL total last night and started the actual food part today, I'm doing okay so far as I find it easier to control food when I'm at work (hopefully I'll survive tonight too). Thought I'd join this forum today as it is motivating to hear about other peoples' journeys and the support people offer. I have a long way to go (8 stone) but I have seen other people have done it so why can't i?

I can understand the wine.lol. Its a nice way to end a stressful week!! I find the most awkward thing for me is the amount of water i drink, not so much the actual drinking but the amount of times i need to go the bathroom a day!! It gets very annoying. No I've not always been in the chair, prior to the M.E I was quite fit and liked to hike, however I'm not always in the chair, only around 60% of the time so if I lose weight I'm hoping that my body may adjust in some way.
When I was healthy I found keeping the weight off quite reasonable as I began to realise when on lighter life that I ate rubbish or over ate due to my mood.x

Last edited:
Back