New to Minimins and Sole Source :)

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking on this forum for the past week now but i've not been brave enough to introduce myself. Anyway I'm natalie, i've got two children, one two and a half and the other ten months and I have never been able to lose the baby weight I gained. As supportive as he is I think my other half might be getting slightly fed up of me rambling on about diet stuff so I decided that I might try and chat to you inspirational people instead. I've never tried the cambridge diet before but after so many failed attempts with other diets, i knew i needed to do something drastic. I started a week ago at 12st 8.5lbs and had my first weigh in today and I was 12st 2.5lbs. So 6lbs in total which was a little disappointing after seeing all of your losses on your first week but I don't think the pizza I ate last night helped whooops! Yes I managed 6 days and then caved in on the seventh. So here I am today starting again but feeling very positive about getting into all my pre-baby weight clothes. So excited!! Anybody else struggling with weight they gained during pregnancy?

xxxxx

Well done for getting straight back on the wagon. We all have blips so just dust yourself off and keep on going. I did a similar meal replacement plan a while back and lost over 3 stone. I didn't get the huge weekly losses that others did - but it was still quicker than calorie counting. I fell off the wagon unfortunately and put 2 stone back on - doing calorie counting for now so will lose more slowly but it will come off. Keep going you will do brilliantly.

Well done for starting CD and 6lbs lost + a pizza sounds like a good week to me! :)

In this next week, imagine how much you'll lose without the pizza! :D

I think we all try to find ways to cope with not having real food. My CDC told me that many people nibble on celery sticks or iceburg lettuce or cucumbers. It's not recommended, but if it helps you stay on the diet, then great!

Celebrate the loss! It's a lot of weight in a short time - congratulations!

Please remember NO food references on the 100% section

Thread moved

god - yes minimins is essential to do all your diet talking. there's little as dull in life as someone boring on about their weightloss plan... but here, we're all obsessed.

Well done on the 6lb lose. I am only loosing 2 and half a week on average but feel I couldn't loose that on a normal diet x

Well done on your weight loss 6lb is a great achievement especially as you had a slight lapse. I've been trying to loses baby weight for years (my 'baby' is nearly five hehehe) but if you stick to it you will achieve it very quickly.

How much are you looking at losing?

Well done on your weight loss 6lb is a great achievement especially as you had a slight lapse. I've been trying to loses baby weight for years (my 'baby' is nearly five hehehe) but if you stick to it you will achieve it very quickly.

How much are you looking at losing?

I would ideally like to lose another 3st to get me down to 9st but I don't know if thats realistic, I think i'll stop anywhere between 9 and 10 to maintain. I weighed 9.5 before I got pregnant with my first so I think that might be a good middle ground. What about yourself?

hello :) hope you're still managing to stick to it today!

I 'only' lost 5 Lb's in my first week, but to be honest I don't think that's anything to be disappointed about! I did a similar thing 5 yrs ago and lost pretty much the same, everyone is different but I do believe this is the fastest healthy way to do it!

Well done on the 6lb, I'm on day one so just taking each day as it comes although I do feel very positive at the moment so fingers crossed I will do as well as you, 6lb is a smidgen under half a stone ! That's good going x

SkinnyblueJeans said:
I would ideally like to lose another 3st to get me down to 9st but I don't know if thats realistic, I think i'll stop anywhere between 9 and 10 to maintain. I weighed 9.5 before I got pregnant with my first so I think that might be a good middle ground. What about yourself?

I'd like to get to 10stone (to give me a bit to play with) I've given myself 12 weeks to lose 4 stone - 10lbs gone already 3st 4lb to go :)

Starlight said:
How rude!!!

The rules of the 100% section are quite clear and they're for a reason. and at the request of CD dieters.

There arent many rules on Minimins, all we ask is people follow the ones there are.

I wasn't being rude in the slightest

Honestly, the OP clearly says she's a newbie and mentions food in her post and someone else replied to it- i honestly don't see why I'm getting agro for saying relax!! It wasn't meant to be rude at all - if it was I wouldn't have put I smiley face on the end would I?!!

Back