New to Minimins but not Slimming World

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by traceynicola, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. traceynicola

traceynicola Member

Start Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    7st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(26.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Harcombe Diet
    Hello all

I'm new to posting on here but have been lurking since I discovered this forum when I started Slimming World in Feb. A bit scared as I have never posted on any forum before so not sure if I am doing this right.

I am nearly at my target and can quite honestly say that Slimming World is the best diet (for me) that I have been on, and I've tried a few! I have never felt hungry or deprived. I do mostly green days and mix2max.

Anyways just wanted to say hi as everyone on here seems so friendly and supportive and lovely.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    A big hello there, I too am new to minimins and like you, I am going to SW, I have 10lbs left to loose (was 7 but went on hols and come back last week) and gained 3lbs not bad for 2 weeks all inclusive.
    I joined SW in March and have lost 3st 7lb so far, i have found this the best eating plan for me and as hubby and myself dont eat a lot of meat, we find green days the best for us as well.

1 thing im a bit worried about when im am target is maintaining as I am use to my diet now and cant eat a lot of bread as I find it bloats me too much.
    Have you thought of any ideas on staying target when you get there?

4. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    A huge hello there, I too an a new member here and joined SW in March 2011, Hubby and I eat mostly green days as we are not big meat eaters,
    Have you any thoughts on how you are going to maintain your weight loss once you reach target, I have 10 lbs left to loose ( was 7lb went on hols and gained 3) ;) not bad for all inclusive. I was thinking of increasing my A/B choices but bread bloats me so bad, so have to stay away from that idea :D

5. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world

SORRY SORRY didnt realise the 1st post I typed come up!!!! silly me :8855:

6. traceynicola

traceynicola Member

Start Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    7st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(26.16%)
    Diet:
    I'm a bit worried about maintaining to be honest. I think I will increase my healthy extras as well as this seems to be the official Slimming World advice for maintaining. I don't go to group anymore so will be doing it myself.

Bread doesn't seem to affect me too much but I have found that I don't really miss it so I may well just increase the amount of cereal I have in the morning or just have an extra cereal bar.

Your weightloss has been amazing! I'm a very slow loser so it's been a long old battle to lose the two stone.

7. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I too could try and increase my cereal intake, all though i'm not a big cereal eater :confused: I think that a chat with my SW consultant will be due.

congratulations on your weight loss, and doing it yourself !!

8. traceynicola

traceynicola Member

Start Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    7st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(26.16%)
    Diet:
    I know what you mean about the cereal. I usually have porridge but I can't say it's my favourite meal of the day. I just thought about having extra because I really don't want to eat anymore during the day like having a couple of ryvita, or slices of bread just for the sake of it and 28g of cereal isn't really a lot so adding to that shouldn't make too much difference.

I think a chat with your consultant would be good. She may be able to suggest a few things that may help.

I don't think this maintaining is going to be easy. :sigh:

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations on your losses. You are so near now. Sure when you get to target your leader will help you maintain. Just keep going to class.

Irene xx

10. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yes i think that i will need to speak to my consultant when i reach target.
    I hope that it will be about 6-8 weeks to reach target with only 10lb to go :):D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.