New to minimins. Suppose I had better introduce myself!

Hi, new to minimins. My name is Becky and I'm a 22 year old student. I am currently at my heaviest weight of 15 st 12 and I am 5 ft 7. The reason i have decided to calorie count balls down to the sheer fact that I am really, really tired of being overweight. I have always loved my food yet was never a massively overweight child however the weight seemed to creep up when I became a teenager. I did a lot more exercise as a youngster and was swimming 4-5 times a week for a club so there was never an issue with weight. Since the age of 12 I've constantly yo-yo dieted resulting in both good and bad periods however ultimately I always end up in the same position as I'm in today which is the same size as I was before dieting and some. Between the ages of 16 to 18 I got down to my lowest weight to date which was 10st 7 and because I'm 5 ft 7, I looked and felt amazing. I think having that taster of how good it feels and how much more confidence I will have is what is really spurring me on this time. I don't want to look back in another 2 years and feel like I've wasted more time being fat. At 22 I feel like I have already wasted so much of my youth that I want the rest of my 20s to make up for the time wasted. I feel disgusted with myself that I have actually let myself become so overweight but its onwards and upwards from here. Second day calorie counting. I also counted yesterday and did an hours exercise at the gym. I'm feeling really positive about the next few months and my initial goal is to lose around 2 stone before the start of September before I go on holiday and also return back to Uni.
Becky x

Hi I'm at my heaviest now 15st 3 ugh wasn't even thi bad when I was pregnant. I'm 5ft 7 and want to get to 11st 7! Will be weighing in tomorrow after my first week at it. Good luck x

Hi Becky, you've made the right choice with calorie counting, its sensible and sustainable in the long run. Good luck on your journey!

Back