New to slim fast

Charli2019

Hey :)

I am planning on starting slim fast on Monday (pay day!). I have had a good look around here and also the slim fast site and have a few questions I hope you can answer for me!

I plan on using the powder as it obviously works out cheaper.. I quite fancy the banana and the vanilla. Anyone recommend these or any of the others?

Do I need to get a shake bottle or can I just make it up in a glass?

With the snacks is it ok just to have fruit/nuts or do I have to have the slim fast snacks?

I have about 2 stone to lose, I have done it before on slimming world and completely went off track and piled the weight back on but I am now at the point where I need to do something about it and feel that slim fast is worth a try!

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks in advance
Charlotte x

I started on Friday and want to lose about 60 pounds.

I really like the banana powder and love all the snack bars and crispy things I have tried so far. Bought quite a lot as it is half price in Superdrug! I have ordered ready made shakes as they will be a lot easier for me at work but will use the powder at home.

Good luck! I am excited to get started as I want this weight gone!!

Hey there!
I am planning on starting tesco's version, Ultra Slim chocolate or strawberry shakes. I have 63lbs to lose and aiming for a size 12 to 14. Sighned up for the GYM and I have just brought an amazing sports heart rate monitor strap watch polar ft4. Its amaaaazing it has totally geared me up to get on with excercise and lose weight and so i can earn some calories x
Good Luck to you! Keep us posted x I have a family holiday booked for July 19th 2014 so aiming to be size 12 to 14 by then around 12st ish :) x currently 16.7 xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey there!
I am planning on starting tesco's version, Ultra Slim chocolate or strawberry shakes. I have 63lbs to lose and aiming for a size 12 to 14. Sighned up for the GYM and I have just brought an amazing sports heart rate monitor strap watch polar ft4. Its amaaaazing it has totally geared me up to get on with excercise and lose weight and so i can earn some calories x
Good Luck to you! Keep us posted x I have a family holiday booked for July 19th 2014 so aiming to be size 12 to 14 by then around 12st ish :) x currently 16.7 xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I want to lose a similar amount! My birthday is at the beginning of June so I want to see real progress by then - don't want another fat birthday.

Hey :)

Thanks for the replies!

It's nice to know other people are on the same journey so can support each other through it.

Do you tend to stick to one flavour shake or do you mix it up a bit so you don't get bored?

Good luck to both of you with your journey, we can all get there together! X

Hey,

So had my first slim fast day yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I thought. Snacks definitely help and plenty of water! This is how it went..

B - muller light (hadn't got the slim fast till lunch time)
L - banana shake
S - SF pretzels (yum!!)
D - chicken breast, sweet potato wedges
S - SF heavenly choc bar!

As I write this I'm drinking my vanilla shake for breakfast and sorting my snacks for today!
Definitely ready to smash today!

Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong please :)

Day 2..

B - vanilla shake
S - banana
L - choc shake
S - sf cheese crisp things
D - home made burger, sweet potato wedges

So far so good. Still feeling positive! And spent 3 hours christmas shopping today so that must have burnt a few calories!!

Hello :wavey: and good luck

I love the cheesy biscuits and the caramel snack bars...heavenly! Need my choccy fix to stay on track hehe

Hi,

Had another on track day today! Even resisted the marshmallows and chocolates people have been offering me all day. Not quite sure how.
Went slightly over calories on my dinner but didn't have a 3rd snack so all evens out I'm sure!

B- banana shake
S - satsuma
L - low fat cheese snack pot (190 cal)
S - skips
D - fresh pasta and a sauce (approx 600 cal, I was starving!)

Trying to stay away from the scales and only weigh once a week. Looking forward to first weigh in, think will do it Sunday morning. Eeek!

Hello, I'm also starting new to SF today. Got 2 stone to lose. Have lost it before with SW but put it all back on and I'm just rubbish at moderating my food so I think taking the decisions away will help! Good luck to you, will be cheering you on from here :)
Claire

Hope you are doing well so far. I can recommend all flavours, they are all lovely. I mainly like the Vanilla and Banana, but the Caramel Temptations is really good too.

You don't need a shake bottle but it is much easier if you have a cup that closes.

With the snacks you can have fruit instead, it doesn't need to be theres. I prefer nibbling on fruit rather than the bars as feel fruit is more filling.

Back