Extra Easy New to Slimming World - can you still lose weight after a bad day?

Nikki88

Hi All,

I joined Slimming World on Monday (15/4/13) weighing in at 13stone, 10lbs (I'm 5ft, 6ins) and my target weight is 9st, 7lbs. Today has been a bit of a car crash in terms of too many syns due to having a meal out with extra cheese, oil on the bacon and accidental full fat coke. Just wondered how much weight people lost during their first week and if people have managed to still lose weight after having a day of too many syns but being good for the rest of the week?? If so,how much weight did you lose after having a 'naughty' day?

Sorry for all of the questions, just don't want this to mess up any weight loss!
Thanks for your help :) Nikki X

It absolutely depends person to person, but giving my weight and goals are somewhat similar (started 12st8, goal 10st7)...

On my first weigh in (start of week 2) I had 4lb off, had friends visiting so I had a full bottle of wine, a Chinese (did get boiled rice and only ate 5 prawn crackers and synned them) and the following morning with a hangover I had a full on Burger King (got diet coke) and a share size white chocolate bar. I lost 1 1/2 the following weigh in, but I stuck to my plan like glue every day after that slip up, and did some exercise as well. If you are very good for the remainder of the week, you should be able to achieve a loss, albeit a small one, or staying the same (better than a gain).

It may not effect you if you're on plan the rest of the week, the only way to find out is to get back on the wagon and carry on as if it never happened. But if you DO lose this week after the blip, it doesn't mean you will do every week, so don't do it too often :p

We all binge every now and again, me more so than others, and I deffo paid the price for it!

As someone has said it depends on the person, some people can get away with having a day off plan and lose weight yet some can't.
I find eating lots of superfree eases the damage that may have been done, lots of water and green tea too!

I agree, just get straight back on track and see what happens. You might still have a loss but if you don't get back on track you certainly wont. Good luck x

Im in a similar position as you - Ive been on sw for 4 wks now & lost 6 lbs altogether being pretty much 100% on the plan apart from a bit too much chocolate over easter! Then thursday night I had a bottle of wine & some food off a buffet (was at an ann summers party) & yesterday went a bit crazy by having a chocolate cupcake, a lot of drink & a mcdonalds to finish it off nicely! My WI is on thursday so Im just hoping by sticking to the plan the rest of the week I dont do too much damage. Let us know how you get on x

I wrote a really long reply and then decided that maybe I shouldn't. So, I'll stick with....

Slim people have treats and so can we. It doesn't make it 'bad' and that's a negative mindset. You had something nice and now you're making healthy choices again. No biggie.

Last edited:
pickle that is so true! I need to remember that, i'm very much an all or nothing person and that needs to change! Thank you x

I seem to get away with one bad day now and again! This weeks weigh in I lost 1.5lbs and had had a bad day last Friday as I was going out to eat on the night and with me, if I know I'm having a meal off plan I can't stick to it for the first part of the day! I don't know why, I wish I could just have the meal and be good the rest of the day :(

but yeah a lot of us can get away with 1 bad day.

Back