NEW TO SLIMMING WORLD! HELP!

fifi90

Hi all,

I am new to SW and Minimins and have so many questions!

My main concern is that I feel like I'm eating too much! Everything I'm eating is within the plan and the portions are recommended size but, it feels too good to be true. Am I going wrong?

Any advice and tips are welcomed with very open ears! :)

xox

If you are unsure post a days worth of food. Generally most people feel like that. Over time the protein and unrefined carbs will naturally curb hunger and your portion size will naturally decrease. I eat loads. Particularly at dinner. It does work :)

Welcome to the beauty of Slimming World! I remember reading the free seven days menu on their website and thinking "no way can I lose weight eating that much" Wrong!! It's all about the way you cook your food and filling up on the right stuff. Enjoy, it's a fantastic programme, wait till your first weigh in and you'll see!!

Ahh thank you so much! I'll have to see how my first weigh in goes, it's mainly at night I get hungry, what are the best snacks for then?

By then you will know how many syns you have left for the day so you could save them and use them then on something nice or have a big bowl of superfree fruit? There are no rights and wrongs really. As long as what you have fits with the plan you will be fine!

Good idea... I'm going to post below what I've had today and then someone can give me any idea as to whether I am overeating:

Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs (I only eat the yolk), 1 tin of baked beans, 1 small wholemeal toast (no butter) and 3 slices of Quorn ham

Lunch- 2 slices of melon, 1 banana, 10 raspberries and 1 Muller light

Tea- Lettuce, sweetcorn, tomato, cucumber, SW style chips (handful) with Quorn chicken pieces (handful)

Snack- 1 Muller light

This is all I've had today, so I am just wanting to know if I'm on the right lines. I'm vegetarian too so I am finding it difficult to compare my diet to fellow slimmers!

Thank you for the help ladies :)

To be totally honest that actually doesn't look like enough food. Although I only eat fruit and yoghurt for breakfast I don't think a fruit only based lunch would sustain me. Also you have no superfree with your breakfast. Your dinner is, like lunch almost entirely superfree with a handful of SW chips and a handful of quorn. Could you increase those handfuls? Make the meals more substantial? I'd be so hungry on that and I know many people here would agree. Snacking on mullerlights is fine, ideally snacks are superfree as first choice but my goodness you have enough at lunch to set you up.

Have you considered trying the green plan instead of EE if you are veggie? I don't do it myself but many vegetarians on here seem to follow that and have loads of pasta and rice etc. you also get 2 HEX A and 2 HEX B If you do.

One last thing, I see no syns at all? You should eat a minimum of 5 and a max of 15. In the early days go higher as you have room to cut back if the weightloss stalls or slows. Having none at all may make your body go into starvation mode or at the very least resist weightloss. I stalled for 3 weeks because I was having next to no syns.

Thank you for such a quick response! Yeah, I am considering doing the green plan but because it's my first week, I thought I'd try extra easy first but, it doesn't leave me with much choice in terms of food, which kind of screws the whole ee plan up! I'm going to speak to my consultant next week and see what she suggests, but, I really appreciate the tips, as I am totally new to this!

Definitely eat more & add Superfree in!

There are plenty of low syn vegetarian yoghurts - I enjoy danio (some flavours 1 syn) and some shape varieties are vegetarian too and free :)

what you put for lunch I would snack on mid morning!

Plan a few days have a proper lunch and dinner. . Will soon get the swing of things :)

There are lots of us vegetarian and vegan sw members on here xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I feel like I eat heaps!! My hubbie always comments like " some diet that!" "You can't eat all that and lose weight!!"

But I do and I do! X

Definitely think you need to est more. This is my day (over 2st gone in 16 weeks)

Breakfast- scrambled egg, 3x bacon, sausage, hash brown, beans and tomato.
Lunch- Jacket potato, beans and ham followed by a yogurt.

Dinner- Smash chicken and garlic new potatoes served with a huge salad and lighter than light mayo.

Snacks- hifi bar.
- bowl of melon, strawberries and grapes topped with yogurt and 2 mini meringue nests.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you for such a quick response! Yeah, I am considering doing the green plan but because it's my first week, I thought I'd try extra easy first but, it doesn't leave me with much choice in terms of food, which kind of screws the whole ee plan up! I'm going to speak to my consultant next week and see what she suggests, but, I really appreciate the tips, as I am totally new to this!

I'm not getting why you think there is not much choice on the EE plan hun. All the foods that are free on the green plan are also free on extra easy so you can eat exactly the same on both plans. I'm vegetarian and would say you gain nothing from doing Extra Easy but you do lose out on having more healthy extras so I would change to to the green plan straight away.

I agree with all the others, I would be starving and chewing my hand off from hunger if that was all I had eaten during the day. Definitely up your free foods - you have pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes, grains, pulses, eggs, fat free dairy and all the meat free substitutes to play with so the options are endless really. And have those syns too! :)

I've upped the food that I've eaten today and I do feel better for it, I've also switched to the green plan and I think it's going to work better for me so thank you for all the tips everyone :) I will crack on and let you know how I get on! xx

Just hijacking this thread and correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think muller lights were suitable for veggies? Not had one for ages though!

I know the shape ones are veggie friendly. The vanilla ones are half a syn an chocolate sprinkle vanilla ones are one syn. They're much nicer too.

Personlly I'd do green rather than extra easy cos you can have extra healthy extras, giving you more choice with cheeses, cereals, bread and nuts etc. Don't forget you can have pasta, rice, cous cous, dried noodles, beans and pulses on green/EE as well! I'm not veggied but do a few green days cos I love my carbs and extra hex!

I've upped the food that I've eaten today and I do feel better for it, I've also switched to the green plan and I think it's going to work better for me so thank you for all the tips everyone :) I will crack on and let you know how I get on! xx

Glad as we helped :)

let us know how you get on!

Muller lights are definitely not veggie. The WW yogurts are variable and all of the Shape 0% are veggie apart from strawberry flavour (unless that has changed recently - haven't bought them in a while!). Danio and Activia are fine!

Green is definitely the best option for veggies, you are diddling yourself out of your extra HEXA and B by doing EE. Some people think that you lose more slowly doing green because of all the carbs but that isn't necessarily true - I lost 5.5 stone in a year doing green only! I've never done a single EE day. ;)

Hope you're enjoying the plan now you're eating a bit more x

I'm not veggie because of any other reason than taste (I don't like the taste of meat amongst other things! I'm very fussy) so it doesn't matter too much about the muller lights not being veggie :) but, thanks for the info!

I'm a veggie and moved to green after two weeks. SO much better and more options. Mullers have beef gelatin in them alright :(

Back