Extra Easy New to Slimming World-No loss!

Jupiter94

Hi everyone,
I'm 20, 6ft and 13st, I did slimming world last year and lost a stone (from 14st-13st) and then gave up but maintained the loss.
I started again last week and have not cheated at all other than not having many syns maybe 0-2 a day if that, apart from one day when i had the max 15syns and have had NO LOSS AT ALL!
I was on night shifts so i'm not sure if thats effected me at all but feeling really gutted!
I've seen a lot of people saying you MUST have your syns or you wont lose but surely even though I've had very few syns i should have seen SOME loss.
The problem I have with syns is when I have them I feel really guilty and low as I feel like I'm eating badly! I know that I'm meant to have them and it sounds silly!
I don't go to group as I just can't fit it anywhere around my work schedule and group really is not for me as it makes me feel even more unmotivated when I saw big losses from people eating the exact same as myself.
My goal weight is 9st 10lbs and I want to achieve that by the end of this year and have seen some significant loss for the beginning of September for my 21st!
Sorry for the long waffle but just really need some help please!
Any advice is very very welcome!
Thanks!

Last edited:
I am new to this,but have read that you should use all syns, then cut down if it gets a struggle or plateu,hhave a good week x

You dont have to spend your syns on "naughty" things. Use them in recipes or to have extra bread or cheese.

Also if you're not going to group you may be making mistakes without realising? Post some daily food diaries and get some feedback on here about what you're eating

Dont give up

Can I also point out that your goal weight is very low. Dont focus on it as you may find that your ideal happy weight might be a bit higher - you'll know when you get there

Can I also point out that your goal weight is very low. Dont focus on it as you may find that your ideal happy weight might be a bit higher - you'll know when you get there

I thought this too and the BMI you're aiming for would actually make you underweight, albeit but just. Only you know your frame size, but I would suggest you aim for the middle of BMI range to start with as it would feel more achievable. You can always revise your target at a later date.

Hi Jupiter

there are lots of reasons why sometimes we don't get a loss, so here are some thoughts for you :)

are you drinking enough water?
are you eating enough? are you having your healthy extras?
are you keeping a food diary to keep track of what you're actually eating?
are you having 1/3 of every meal superfree?

as for syns, many members report a slow down in losses if they don't have them. Do not feel guilty, they are part of the plan. The calories in syns are factored in to the plan, so if you're not having them you're at risk of undereating, which is why weight loss slows down. As Jen said, you don't have to spend them on naughty things....think gravy, sauces, recipe ingredients. You don't have to eat all of them, find the level that works for you. I find 7-8 every day is perfect for me.

thanks for the help everyone!! Lost 2lbs this week by eating about 5syns a day! Definitely going to try and drink some more water too!

Sometimes it takes a week to catch up. I have really good weeks but only lose 0.5 but then the week after I will have a really good loss even though I wasn't as good.
As someone else said as well make sure you get your 1/3 speed foods. I find I have really good losses when I have loads of speed foods so now I try to only buy speed fruit and veg and not fruit or veg that is just free.
I recommend using more syns too. They advise you use at least 5 a day but I prefer to use more so that if I start to plateau I can cut down my syns

The instructor at my old class used to encourage using all syns then if you were struggling it was always something to cut back on.

Hi Jupiter,

It was like reading a mini bio about myself reading your first post! I am almost 6ft and when I started SW 3 years ago I went for 14st down to just under 13st and maintained for ages and now am back on it. I was getting really frustrated because I got a good loss the first two weeks and then I just seemed to stall and I stayed the same for 3 weeks. Just stick with it and don't be disheartened (I know it's easier said the done cos I was really annoyed cos I was sticking 100% on plan) because the weight will come off. Best thing is drinks lots of water and try to make sure you are eating at least a third of superfree foods :) but make sure to use your syns as well! Like you I feel guilty using them but they are there for a reason and you don't have to use them all.

Ok long rambling message over lol. Good luck! And well done on your loss :D

Back