Extra Easy New to slimming world, wanting support

jodie_dbk

Hi there everyone!
What a great little support forum this - worth it's weight in Gold I expect.
Well I am new to this and have just started slimming world last Saturday. I wish to lose 5 stones, which i ave put on quite quickly since stopping smoking.

So far I have been finding slimming world easy and feel as though I am eating healthier than ever! I am excited to have my first weigh in on saturday morning. It's great to read other people's success stories and also problems which arise.

I look foraward to sharing my new journey with you all :)

Good luck everyone

Jodie xxxx

Hi there everyone!
What a great little support forum this - worth it's weight in Gold I expect.
Well I am new to this and have just started slimming world last Saturday. I wish to lose 5 stones, which i ave put on quite quickly since stopping smoking.

So far I have been finding slimming world easy and feel as though I am eating healthier than ever! I am excited to have my first weigh in on saturday morning. It's great to read other people's success stories and also problems which arise.

I look foraward to sharing my new journey with you all :)

Good luck everyone

Jodie xxxx

Ive been doing sw a year and found with this forum and my meetings its keeping me on track pretty well :D

Hello!! I'm new to SW too! I have about 8 stone to lose, but finding sw such a massive change to feeling hungry and spacing my food out during the day so I dont use up all my allowance! Its fab, I can eat when i'm hungry!

Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow, dont forget to let us know how you did!

Welcome to the SW experience Jodie.
Congrats on your first week, great loss! You will find lots of recipes on this forum, so you never need to eat any food that's not going to help you loose weight.
We are all here for the same reason so if you get stuck with anything, just ask!
(my recipes are on here, just follow the link below, Index on page 60)
Pete

Omg! Had my first week weigh in, I lost 7lbs!!!
I am over the moon. I'm so happy and it really has spurred me on :) when do you have your weigh in? Xx

Wow! Great loss! I (and most people on this section of the forum) am so passionate about slimming world becaue it really does work!

Huge congrats on your first weigh in, thats absolutely fantastic!!! Hope its given you a good boost to keep going with the plan!

My first weigh in isnt until wednesday. I signed up on a wednesday, but wasnt ready to start until the following monday. So i will have been on plan for a week tomorrow. I do SW online, so it will only allow me wi once a week, on a wednesday! But i had a sneaky look this morning and i am down 2.5lbs. I'm shocked. On my whole weight loss journey I have never lost that much in one week, even on Orlistat (prescription weight loss tabs) I never lost more than a lb in a week! I was expecting maybe 1lb/1.5lbs, cos I feel like i've eaten loads and I thought i was a slow loser! Its given me such a boost of confidence!

Huge congrats on your first weigh in, thats absolutely fantastic!!! Hope its given you a good boost to keep going with the plan!

My first weigh in isnt until wednesday. I signed up on a wednesday, but wasnt ready to start until the following monday. So i will have been on plan for a week tomorrow. I do SW online, so it will only allow me wi once a week, on a wednesday! But i had a sneaky look this morning and i am down 2.5lbs. I'm shocked. On my whole weight loss journey I have never lost that much in one week, even on Orlistat (prescription weight loss tabs) I never lost more than a lb in a week! I was expecting maybe 1lb/1.5lbs, cos I feel like i've eaten loads and I thought i was a slow loser! Its given me such a boost of confidence!

How did you get on on Wednesday? All good I hope!

And thank you everybody. Back for weigh in tomorrow, I don't feel as though I will have lost as much as last week, there should be a definite loss tho cos I've been so good :) x

Official loss was 3lbs for my first week, I am over the moon! So thrilled.

7lbs in one week is a great loss, just think, thats half a stone closer to goal! Best of luck tomorrow!

. I do SW online, so it will only allow me wi once a week, on a wednesday!

I'm doing SW online too, and I signed up on a Sunday to get the info ready to start the plan on the following Wednesday. It made me put my weight in when I registered, and set my WI day as Sunday, but I used the 'contact us' feature on the website to ask them to change my days, and explained why, and they changed it to Wednesdays the same day :) It kept my original weight, but also added my 'starting plan today' weight, and will track me on a Wednesday from now on, so if you wanted to change your online WI day to a different day, just send them a quick message via the 'contact us' and I am sure they will be happy to do that for you. ;)

Thank you so much for that info! My starting weight was wrong too, I only put in a guesstimate of what my weight was when i signed up, thinking I would have an official starting weigh in, but i was out by 2.5lbs! Will ask them to change that too, thanks so much for the help!

No problem, the website isn't the most 'user friendly'...I've literally spent ages on there finding things and working things out, so glad to know the time spent has been worthwhile! ;)

That's fantastic, well done! :D

Hi Jodie
You seem to be doing great. Well done!!!
please share your food diaries as good ideas are always wanted.

Back