New to Slimming World

twinkleboi

Happy Gay YouTube Star!
Hey everyone!

I'm Toby and I'm 27 and I've just decided to join slimming world - I wanted to ask a few questions to those that are seasoned SW'ers.

Do you choose one particular plan? (i.e. extra easy) or do you alternate?

And which of the plans has been most successful for you?

I'm 18st 7lb as of today, the heaviest I've been in my life and decided that it was time to get serious with myself!

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I wanted to reach out to you guys and see how you've all done!

Toby x:D

Hello and welcome :)

You'll find a lot of people alternate there
Plans dependant on what's going on in life!!

Don't worry about your weight today there's lots of help/guidance ad lovely people on here.

And the most exciting part is you'll never see that weight again

Good luck :D

Hi and welcome!!

I'm an extra easy girl (not literally!) lol mostly because I love meat and carbs all together! Lol but some people find it doesn't work and do red and green but that usually after a few weeks of trying EE and not being successful. I think you can alternate day by day but you have to decide and stick to what day you are doing otherwise it's easy to find you've not synned something that might not be free on that day xx

Awww thanks you lovely peeps! :)

I'm currently doing EE but will try an alternate days too I think - I just got a little confused about the Red/Green days - do you plan your meals in advance as to make it easier to follow?

I haven't been to a slimming world meeting yet - I bought the pack and guides on eBay - do you think I would benefit from going to a couple?

Thanks for being so welcoming :)

This looks like a lovely supportive place to be - glad I found it!!

Awww thanks for being so welcoming!

I'm starting on EE first and will see how I get on doing that, would you recommend going to meetings? Does one plan heap better results than the others?

And also, do you plan your meals in advance for the week?

Sure I'll ask more things but I think I'm getting my head around it all! :)

Hello Toby,

Im new to this too. I just wanted to wish you luck. Its an exciting time when you decide you are going to lose the weight for good this time :)

I am on EE and have lost just shy of a stone in a few weeks I also love going to group, I plan ahead with meals I find it easier I am also a diabetic take insulin and have found my blood sugars are perfect now enjoy xx

Hi Toby,

Welcome to SW. My opinion is that the plan that works best is the one that you can stick to. There are people here who don't like (delete one as appropriate) EE/red/green but in the main if you can stick to the plan, follow the rules (ie EE 1/3 superfree, all plans - eat until you are full, not just keep eating free food until you are completely stuffed) then you will lose weight.

Most people don't get really fast results (although some do and I lost 3 stone in 3.5 months at the beginning - also men tend to lose a bit faster - lucky you :)) but this is a sustainable plan that should be fun and help you to lose and keep off the weight.

Best of luck.

Gail x

Hey gl12282, craftypants, mrsneverin

Thank you for responding :)

I just had my first slimming world breakfast - I think it was anyway, one pear, one banana, 28 fruit and fibre topped with banana custard müller light which equals 1 syn (I think) and 1 healthy extra - Am I doing it right, I think I am as I keep checking in the food optimising book. It looked like a lot of food but it's certainly kept me full :)

1/3 of every meal needs to be Superfree/Free right, or just Superfree?

Planning what to have for lunch today now...loving this forum and the amount of advise here is immense!

Hi twinkleboi.
I joined a meeting on Tuesday so I'm only 2 days in.
It is my second time of joining SW though as the first time I couldnt get my head around the plan... (more due to me rather than the plan being particularly hard though).
I'm trying extra easy to start with until I get into it then I'm going to start trying to alternate.
I have just under 70lbs to lose so its going to be a long hard slog but I'm really fired up for it this time!
I think going to meetings is a personal choice, but I find it really helps keep you positive and motivated. The fear of the scales is enough to keep me on track most days!
Good luck :)

sounds like a good EE breakfast to me,

its got to be 1/3 superfree not free

IMO classes are essential, for me anyway, there's plenty on here who do it alone at home, I enjoy getting the support and giving the support and its a 'horses mouth' to go to with any SW questions, not that I'm dissing the advice/info on here, its invaluable too.

good luck, you sound well motivated and right on track got success xx

Hi Toby!

Different plans work for different people so try them all out & see what you enjoy most & what gets you the best results.

I love EE, I'm a very slow loser but with EE I usually have a loss (albeit small) each week. EE definitely works best for me & it really encourages me to eat so much more veg with my meals.

Good luck with SW & keep us posted with how you get on at your first weigh in!!

L xx

Hi twinkleboi.
I joined a meeting on Tuesday so I'm only 2 days in.
It is my second time of joining SW though as the first time I couldnt get my head around the plan... (more due to me rather than the plan being particularly hard though).
I'm trying extra easy to start with until I get into it then I'm going to start trying to alternate.
I have just under 70lbs to lose so its going to be a long hard slog but I'm really fired up for it this time!
I think going to meetings is a personal choice, but I find it really helps keep you positive and motivated. The fear of the scales is enough to keep me on track most days!
Good luck :)

Hello Mirrakel!

I'm trying to lose about the same amount as you, and I'm the same I'm really feeling positive about it - I'm going to do a weekly YouTube video about my weight loss, that way I'm held accountable too - I might join a group near me but some days would be hard to get there as I work so far away from home!

Good luck to you as well, sure we'll cross paths again soon! :D

Welcome Twinkleboi!

My OH and I both joined Slimming World back in May and we are doing the EE plan, mainly because we just find it so easy to stick to.

In all honesty, I am part of the losing slowly club and have lost just over 1 stone and am 1/2 lb away from my 10% award. My OH has lost something like 2 1/2 stone so far, but event he Consultants say that men do tend to lose weight far quicker than women do on the plan. But any loss is a loss and I never feel deprived on the plan, it's great! It very very rarely feels like a diet at all!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hello and Welcome,

You might find that you can do very well on EE or that if you hit a plataeux or slow down then you try alternating days.

I find the meeting essential as I get loads of ideas and support.

I look forward to reading all about your successes

Welcome Twinkleboi!

My OH and I both joined Slimming World back in May and we are doing the EE plan, mainly because we just find it so easy to stick to.

In all honesty, I am part of the losing slowly club and have lost just over 1 stone and am 1/2 lb away from my 10% award. My OH has lost something like 2 1/2 stone so far, but event he Consultants say that men do tend to lose weight far quicker than women do on the plan. But any loss is a loss and I never feel deprived on the plan, it's great! It very very rarely feels like a diet at all!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Wow - Well done to both of you!!

I honestly think that EE will work better for me, it's less restrictive and easier to plan and work with - I'm looking forward to cooking different things and making versions of meals I've made in the past SW compatible, I'm sure I'll share my recipes with you all at some point!:D

I'm ok with a slower weight loss as I'm more confident that it will stay off

Forgot to also say that we attend class for the weigh in aspect but don't stay for all the Image Therapy, etc. I find that I need the official weigh in to keep me on track but our Consultant is not the best and when I have stayed for all of class I've not gotten home until 9pm, which is a bit late to then be getting dinner, etc.

When I have stayed for the whole of class I've come away feeling as though it was a waste of time and that I hadn't gained any insight, information or encouragement I didn't already know/have, but I think that's just down to our Consultant rather than the group or SW in general. Plus it probably helps that there are 2 of us doing SW and we egg one another on, and give one another a hard time if one of us does stray off track a little!

hi there toby,

i am also an Extra Easy gal!

i love it, cause i love my meat and potatoes, so its working well for me...so far so good!!

i started class on the 4th July and IMO class is essential..or should i say...in my case...i could not do it without the support of the class, and i have to admire anyone who can!

i still have over 4 stone to loose, so its a long road ahead, but i am taking it "sticker at a time" as someone on here wisely said

so 2lbs gets me my next one, club 10, then 2 more gets me my 2 stone. and i will just keep going from there.

good luck with it all, im sure you will do just great!

Hi Toby!

Welcome to minimins:)

I usually do extra easy and I'll do a couple of green days a week. Im not a fan of original days.

I find minimins fantastic for support & food ideas. The recipes threads are just brilliant!

Best of luck, take it one week at a time. I'd recommend going to group to, I really enjoy going to mine.

I'm sure you'll do great! :) x

Back