• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New to Slimming World

S: 11st1lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st8lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hello everyone

I am very new to Slimming World. I'm still trying to get my head around it as I have always done WW.

The only thing I am finding confusing is when i cook a recipe and there is Syns involved. It serves 4 for instance, do I divide by 4 to find out how many syns Ive had? Sorry I bet I am being really blonde.:8855:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 23st2lb C: 14st2.5lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 8st13.5lb(38.73%)
Welcome to Slimming World. Just to wish you sucess on your new journey. Usually it is per serving, depends where you are getting your recipes from.

Poraw

S: 14st8lb C: 12st12lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st10lb(11.76%)
Welcome! Usually if your following a recipe it will be syns per serving. What cookbooks have you got?

I was always a WW girl as well - I am doing much better on SW tho! Good luck! x

S: 115.21kg C: 99.34kg G: 76.2kg BMI: 34.3 Loss: 15.9kg(13.78%)
Welcome to SW!! I was always a (very hungry!!) Rosemary Conley girl but have come back to SW for the second time and determined to do it this time thanks to the EE option. I usually find that the recipe tells you if it's per portion - and in SW recipes it usually is!!
Good luck x

S: 11st12lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 1st3.5lb(10.54%)
Welcome to slimming world. Like you I've always been a ww member. Been with sw properly for around 2 months now and loving the plan. Do you go to meetings? Are you using sw cookbooks? I love them and find them not too expensive. About half the price of ww. I try and make syn free meals personally (other than nutella on my toast - yummy!!!) and keep my syns for things like a treat at the end of the day!!! Good luck with sw x

S: 15st0lb C: 12st12lb G: 11st10lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 2st2lb(14.29%)
Hello good luck with SW, I love it so much more now they have EE I can stick to it easier as I like my meat and carbs together :)

tallsarah

Silver Member
S: 14st13lb C: 12st7.0lb G: 12st9.0lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 2st6lb(16.27%)
carlyburke said:
Hello everyone

I am very new to Slimming World. I'm still trying to get my head around it as I have always done WW.

The only thing I am finding confusing is when i cook a recipe and there is Syns involved. It serves 4 for instance, do I divide by 4 to find out how many syns Ive had? Sorry I bet I am being really blonde.:8855:
It does get easier and before long it will be routine. Good luck with your journey xx