New to SW and looking for buddies. (Doing it from home)

krazykell

Hey everyone.
So after my little boy has become one, and considering no.2 later this year I have realized it is def time to shift this excess weight.
On Monday I started slimming world but I am doing it with my friend from home. She has done it via the classes before but I just have a copy of the book. (2014)
The problem I have is my friend is vegetarian. I only eat white meat but it means I cant ask her about a lot of meals.

So I'm after a buddie online I can turn to and support that won't mind if i need help with meat dishes.
I am looking at losing just under 2stone :/

Also I don't actually know how many syns per day I'm allowed. I am 5ft 1. Am 10stone 1lb and want to be about 8stone 4lbs to be at a healthy, maintainable weight. If anyone knows what I can have that would be great. I have been limiting to a max of about 5-7 since Monday as not sure what can have :/

Last edited:
Hiya

I just joined class last night and I'm following the extra easy plan.

As far as I'm aware you have between 5-15 Syns a day. I've choose to have around 10ish.

Well today it's 11.5 as I'm having a skinny latte and a curly wurly.

I can help you with any meat advise that you need

Kindest regards x

Welcome! :)

There's plenty of massively helpful and friendly people on here, so there's lots of help available! As you've got the 2014 books, you've got slightly older information, but there's plenty of people who know what the older books said to reference any questions you've got.

MissBlueEyes is right, you get between 5-15 syns per day, so have as many or as few as you like, but make sure you use at least some of them :)

It might be an idea to have a look at starting a food diary thread (look at mine below if you like) and that way people can give you pointers and tips on what you are eating during the day, and have a nosy through the recipes section too, there's an amazing amount of ideas on there :)

Hi and thanks for the syns tip. Ooo a curly wurly sounds awesome right now ;)

The diary sounds like a good idea as will help me keep track of what I'm eating.
Its good to know I've found a place full of support and advice.
I have been trying to cut out sauces but this isnt easy as do not like plain food. I have been using salad cream to replace mayo as I know that contains a lot less calories anyway. Does anyone know how much syns are in one teaspoon??

1 tablespoon of salad cream is 2.5 syns (the light version is 1 per tablespoon)
1 tablespoon of mayo is 5 syns, but light is 2 (the lighter than light is 1/2 a syn, but personally I prefer light to lighter than light)

Let us know if you start a diary (you should be bale to put a link to it into your signature too) and we can always chime in and help out :)

Ah thats great thank you :) Might get the light salad cream if its only 1syn ;)
Ok so I have attempted to start a food diary ;) I have added the link (I think)
I'm really hoping to lose this weight as it is now starting to really affect me. It's all I think about and all my clothes are VERY tight :'(
I am also going to try and be strict with myself and do some exercise too. I just find it hard with little one either running around or when hes sleeping I'm cleaning. I just don't know where to fit it in. In the evenings I try n spend time with hubby or I'm studying for my diploma in childcare :/
Sorry to go on, I just have noone to share these thoughts with other than hubby n theres only so much I can say to him as he will just go on I need to exercise etc... But doesnt realize the time taken up on just daily household tasks n caring for a one year old :'(

Welcome, krazykell. Just have a good old nosy on Mini's and you can usually find someone who can help. Mini's is such a wonderful, friendly place that I'm sure you'll love it, as much as I do (which is a lot!). Good luck with your weight loss and I'll no doubt see you popping up on various threads! :)

Kathy

Last edited:
Housework and caring for a one year old is excercise! It all counts towards wat SW call 'Body Magic' and it's getting up and doing some form of exercise each day, walking the dog, cleaning, ironing, doing the weekly food shop round the supermarket (and chasing a little one around all day!) will all be counted in SW's eyes as a form of exercise :)

Back