New to SW and stuck already!!

Hi all!!

Day 4 of SW and I have been doing really well sticking to EE and I weighed today and put on a pound!!! Really has made me feel like rubbish and want to give up!!

Any help please!!!!

Target 11st current 13.12 height 5,7.5 age 22

Xx

Hi hun,

From what I can understand you have weighed at home?
Not an expert as I have only been doing SW for 3 weeks but I keep reading your weight can fluctuate every day, so it might not be a true reflection of your weeks weight loss.

Don't give up--it REALLY WORKS.

Try and re-read some of the book and make a note of the exact amounts. I find myself struggling with measuring my HES (healthy extras) so tend to go for the pre-measured allowances (such as Babybel etc)

Good luck and don't lose hope :)

Yeah I weighed at home! Well I'm guna get weighed tomoro instead of Wednesday as I'm working so will soon see!!!

It's hard and I just want some chocolate really bad day today! Just want to lose one dress size!!! Do u have any good nibbles I could try and help stop me from craving naughty stuff!!! Xx

....... Do u have any good nibbles I could try and help stop me from craving naughty stuff!!! Xx

For the sweet tooth: Fruit, fruit, fruit :) Alpen Light bars at 3 syns each, Shape or Muller Light yogurts (many of them are syn free), quark or fromage frais with sweetener (tastes amazing with raspberries or strawberries)
For the more savory taste: pickled veg, cold grilled chicken strips with dip (homemade zatziki or chili, or tomatoe), tomatoes with onion, balsamic vinegar, basil and seasoned to choice, carrot sticks with dip (homemade chive and garlic), slices of ham wrapped around bits of boiled egg and/or cooked asparagus)

The list goes on and on :)

Have a look in the recipe, snacks and syns threads, I am sure you'll find lots that you'll like xx

Hello :)
Today is my 5th day on sw & like you i just want some chocolate. I have been dieting on and off all my adult life. I have now come to realise that this is me, i cant eat everything i want. As i put on weight very easily. It depresses me at times, because whatever i do is just never good enough. Sometimes we put so much pressure on our selves & we really shouldnt. I have a very sweet tooth, im constantly looking at recipes etc & have tried a few. I must admit, i wasnt very impressed. I tried the scan bran cake, that was absolutely vile. I tried the oaty pancakes, mixture tasted quite nice but not great & couldnt get them to cook properly..
Anyway, tonight i treated myself to a magnum mini, 8.5 syns. I have decided i am not going to keep stressing about eating sw recipes. & for you i think the same, treat yourself to nice food otherwise you will get so bored. If you want some chocolate, have some. I seen someone on here said that they dont see it as 15 syns a day but more on a weekly basis, so if one day you have a big treat, cut down the next day. Might help??
I must admit i am enjoying the freedom of meals but not so much the sweet tooth side, everything seems so high in syns :(
Xx

Do u have any good nibbles I could try and help stop me from craving naughty stuff!!! Xx

I personally love a banana drizzled in 1 teaspoon of honey (1syn) this is super sweet and tastes great!
Also if you need that chocolate hit try Mikado chocolate sticks as they are only 1/2 syn for each stick! (put them in the fridge so that the chocolate is a little harder)

As hexe said there are some GREAT recipes on the forum for you to check out! x

Thanks for replies and ideas!! Il try them!! Defo a sweet tooth tho!!

xojxojxoj - I feel ur pain! I defo can't eat what I want anymore!!! I normally have around 11-12 syns a day one day only had 6 so tonight I will treat myself! I think as long as I don't go OTT il be okay!
I also have kept my healthy b until the evening and have the choc wheetabix which is healthy b and 2 syns and a curly wurly normally cures my choc fix I need !!

I'm getting weighed tonight only 6 days into it but feel good!! Had a intense gym session last night hope it helped!!! Walked a lot too! My body already feels a bit better (muffin tops getin smaller!!!!) or maybe it's in my head as I want it to!!!!

After weigh in SYn free chips and home made burgers and stuffed peppers - then a treat!! Nom! Nom!

Xxx

I lost 2lb! To be honest wish was more as everyone like loses 4lb on their first weigh ins :( but il be happy if its that every week xx

Well done.. I bet everyone will say, its still a loss etc.. Which is correct, but i know what u mean. When you expect more, deep down your dissapointed. But think if u lose that every week, its 8 lbs a month :)
Very well done xxxx

When do you weigh in? Do you have much to lose? I'm aimed 2 and half stone to get me down to 11 - drop a dress size to comfy 10 I'm pushing 12-14 now :(

Xxx

Omg we have very similar goals. I want to get down to 11 too, got 2 stome to lose. Also im a 12-14 dress size. My heaviest is 15-5, thats after i had my son & if im honest i used the fact that i'd just had a baby to eat eat eat. My lowest is 12-2 but i want to get into my 11's. :(
My weigh in is thursdays at 12:30. Im quite nervous about tomoz xx

That's so cool! We can do this!!!! Iv been reading through threds and I think if u have more to lose u have bigger losses - we should be stead losses hopefully!! I'm defo sticking to it as I'm my heaviest at 13.12!!!! (13.10 now) but I have never been that!!! Husbands fault with the take outs cinema food ha!!! I'm getting used to cooking now tho but it is hard!!!

Do you stay for group? I don't stay as Its so clicky iv been to two groups this time as had to get weighed somewhere else but they were as clicky and my SW consultant does nothing - havnt even had a text message!! Kind of think well il do this at home instead but I know I would most prob give up!!! Xxx

I lost 2lb! To be honest wish was more as everyone like loses 4lb on their first weigh ins :( but il be happy if its that every week xx

Congrats hun! I only (I know it's still a loss :p) lost 1lb over two weeks so I'm feeling a little dissapointed BUT will make sure to really go for it for it, as I'm no longer able to go to weigh-ins/class for the next 7 weeks due to work!

If you're struggling with cinema food, Sainsburys do a multipack of popcorn in 3 different flavours. Not all of them are to my liking (I only eat the Salt and Vinegar and my boo eats the Paprika ones) but they are only 2 1/2 syns per packet :D

Ahhh do they!! Il be sneaking stuff in then!! Haha :) not the same as natchos or big bag popcorn!! Lol

What did your consultant say to that? Mine are really funny - you have to book holidays haha !! My work shifts are rubbish with earlys and lates so I got weighed a day early they said as long as I get weighed it doesn't matter - lol great but still get no support off them!! Expensive £5 just to be weighed and leave I have scales upstairs!!!

Xxx

That's so cool! We can do this!!!! Iv been reading through threds and I think if u have more to lose u have bigger losses - we should be stead losses hopefully!! I'm defo sticking to it as I'm my heaviest at 13.12!!!! (13.10 now) but I have never been that!!! Husbands fault with the take outs cinema food ha!!! I'm getting used to cooking now tho but it is hard!!!

Do you stay for group? I don't stay as Its so clicky iv been to two groups this time as had to get weighed somewhere else but they were as clicky and my SW consultant does nothing - havnt even had a text message!! Kind of think well il do this at home instead but I know I would most prob give up!!! Xxx

Well i only joined last week & stayed because i needed to know what to do at the end. But it was soooo boring, the consultant was just asking each person how they done. No tips or anything. So today i think i'll leave earlier lol.
I agree with u, ive noticed people with more weight to lose are getting bigger weekly losses.
Omg my heaviest is 15-4, im actually disgusted in myself when i think about it.
Where do you live?? Im in leicester & all the meetings are really far, i dont drive so the nearest one for me is the one im going to in city centre, so i hope i get on ok
Xx

Yeah they are pretty small packets but sometimes you just need something to snack on/not feel left out while the other people are snacking away! ;)

My consultant is lovely and yes I'm down as a shift worker so she just wrote it down in her diary.
Might text again just to remind her (7 weeks is a very long time after all)!

There will be no way for me to get to groups so no official weigh-ins--maybe speak to your consultant one on one, or if you really don't feel like you are being supported then change to a different group.

We had a lovely lady switch to our group last night because she felt she wasn't getting the support from her usual group :)

Well i only joined last week & stayed because i needed to know what to do at the end. But it was soooo boring, the consultant was just asking each person how they done. No tips or anything. So today i think i'll leave earlier lol.
I agree with u, ive noticed people with more weight to lose are getting bigger weekly losses.
Omg my heaviest is 15-4, im actually disgusted in myself when i think about it.
Where do you live?? Im in leicester & all the meetings are really far, i dont drive so the nearest one for me is the one im going to in city centre, so i hope i get on ok
Xx

Hello, I'm a newbie, been lurking for ages, only got brave recently and started to post, my group sounds the same. I'm gonna stick with it till my holidays in August and then try go it alone, with help from all here:)

Hello, I'm a newbie, been lurking for ages, only got brave recently and started to post, my group sounds the same. I'm gonna stick with it till my holidays in August and then try go it alone, with help from all here:)
Hello, when ever i have tried to go at these diets alone, i never can. If i know im not going to get weighed i just fall off track. Where as when i know i am, im excited to lose. If that makes sense.
good luck with your weight loss.
What plan are you doing?? Xxx

Back