New to SW from home

ali5

Hi,

I started to follow SW EE from home last week, have previously done SW at group and lost 50lb but by the start of this year it was all back!
I have at least 4 stone to lose so hoping that checking in here will be the support I need as I can't get to a group.

Been on and off diets all year and only lost a stone so far, so I need to get serious now.
Fingers crossed!
X

Hi ali. I'm new here too. Have done SW before but health scare earlier this year screwed that up. :rolleyes: Facing 50 next year with all the implications of mortality that entails and - even worse - a school reunion in December so Eeeeeeeek!! :eek:

Hi,
Good luck!
A reunion in December plus Christmas is as good a motivation as any!
I really need to get motivated as been on and off diets all year with little to show for it.
Hope we can both hit our goals!
X

Hi,

I started to follow SW EE from home last week, have previously done SW at group and lost 50lb but by the start of this year it was all back!
I have at least 4 stone to lose so hoping that checking in here will be the support I need as I can't get to a group.

Been on and off diets all year and only lost a stone so far, so I need to get serious now.
Fingers crossed!
X

Hello & welcome :) Wow on losing the 50lbs, just shows you can do it, hang round here, this place can be your group, keep posting, be warned though it will become addictive. People are friendly & helpful here & there's so much information. I'm the same, can't go to group anymore so I'm gonna chance going solo. Maybe you could consider doing a diary to stay on track. I'm weighing in on Weds & think I'll start one then.

Hope you have a good week, good luck!!

Thank you.
I was hoping this site would become my replacement group. Easier to lose focus when on your own!

Hope you have a fab week, good luck at weigh in.
X

:wavey:Hi Ali, did my first home weigh-in & I'm 3lbs from holidays, I'm fine with that & just gonna move on. Motivated for a good week so might shift some of it next week. Howse your week going? Good I hope.

Good luck for you week ahead thanks for keeping me updated.
I finally feel motivated after stopping and starting all year so really sticking to it and hoping for a good week.

Do you set yourself mini goals are just see how it goes?
I have joined in with a challenge on here, its titled 4 stone by Christmas, don't expect anything near that but hoping it keeps me trying!
X

Good luck for you week ahead thanks for keeping me updated.
I finally feel motivated after stopping and starting all year so really sticking to it and hoping for a good week.

Do you set yourself mini goals are just see how it goes?
I have joined in with a challenge on here, its titled 4 stone by Christmas, don't expect anything near that but hoping it keeps me trying!
X

I just take it as it comes really, a loss is a loss no matter what size. I'm not a big loser, usually 1-2lbs a week, mainly through food as I'm not a big exerciser, I'm trying to get more active though. If I could lose one lb a week for a year, that's 3.5st I'd be thrilled. So now I'm just happy to aim for 7lb increments & I've got a charm bracelet, the plan is to add a charm for each one. Now that I've started at home I'm planning on putting my €10 in a savings tin, you know the ones you have to get a can-opener to break into, plan on a big splurge when I'm at target, for something I couldn't have when I was fat, nice boots for example, hard to fit into with big calves & cankles, ha ha or a leather jacket, something I've wanted but can never find one that fits or closes.

Do whatever keeps you motivated Ali, I find being on here great for motivating me & keeping me focussed.

I just take it as it comes really, a loss is a loss no matter what size. I'm not a big loser, usually 1-2lbs a week, mainly through food as I'm not a big exerciser, I'm trying to get more active though. If I could lose one lb a week for a year, that's 3.5st I'd be thrilled. So now I'm just happy to aim for 7lb increments & I've got a charm bracelet, the plan is to add a charm for each one. Now that I've started at home I'm planning on putting my EUR10 in a savings tin, you know the ones you have to get a can-opener to break into, plan on a big splurge when I'm at target, for something I couldn't have when I was fat, nice boots for example, hard to fit into with big calves & cankles, ha ha or a leather jacket, something I've wanted but can never find one that fits or closes.

Do whatever keeps you motivated Ali, I find being on here great for motivating me & keeping me focussed.

Love the charm idea, each charm is a big achievement.

I am not usually a big loser week to week on diets, usually higher for the 1st 3 to 4 weeks then 1-2 like you, but usually once a month at least a frustrating zero!
I am trying to get into exercise, but had a minor op 2 weeks ago and still healing so have to hold off for now, just sticking to brisk walking.

Good luck for the week ahead.
X

Love the charm idea, each charm is a big achievement.

I am not usually a big loser week to week on diets, usually higher for the 1st 3 to 4 weeks then 1-2 like you, but usually once a month at least a frustrating zero!
I am trying to get into exercise, but had a minor op 2 weeks ago and still healing so have to hold off for now, just sticking to brisk walking.

Good luck for the week ahead.
X

Same here, lost big the first 2 weeks, then it steadied. I tend to have a STS (stay the same) at least once a month.

Hope you're back to full fitness soon, take care of yourself.

Me too. Too much dithering for me lately. Must move more too. Desk job not helpful there at all! X

I am the same with a desk job.
Really need to start to exercise a lot more only way I am decent losses as the weeks go on.
Hope you get what you want at next WI.
X

2nd WI this morning, lost 4lb.
Know its a decent loss but always want more.
Feel so far away from target and need to have a good start to stay motivated.

8lb so far so shouldn't complain.

Had a bad day today but have the rest of the week to pull it back, very few syns for me now this week though!
X

2nd WI this morning, lost 4lb.
Know its a decent loss but always want more.
Feel so far away from target and need to have a good start to stay motivated.

8lb so far so shouldn't complain.

Had a bad day today but have the rest of the week to pull it back, very few syns for me now this week though!
X

Well done Ali, have you any occassion coming up that you could use for a mini-goal or motivation??Mine was my holidays, we were meeting up with family that I hadn't seen for a couple of months, they could really notice the differnce & it gave my confidence a big boost.

Though I will admit I've had a tough day food-wise, no particular reason, just over synned but been ok all week & I'll have a clean slate in the morning, weigh-in again Weds.

Thanks, good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

Think I am down as annoyed with myself for not starting it sooner, got an occasion in less than 2 weeks and will see friends I don't see often, put a lot of weight on since last time and wanted to have done some damage control!

Glad you had a good experience really gives you that boost to keep going.
X

Thanks, good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

Think I am down as annoyed with myself for not starting it sooner, got an occasion in less than 2 weeks and will see friends I don't see often, put a lot of weight on since last time and wanted to have done some damage control!

Glad you had a good experience really gives you that boost to keep going.
X

I know how you feel, I wish I'd started SWyears ago. But just focus on what you could do in 2weeks, another 4-5lbs is do-able.

You are right I just need to look forward now and lose what I can.

Thank you for all your support.
X

You are right I just need to look forward now and lose what I can.

Thank you for all your support.
X

You're more than welcome. I've hit abit of a wall since getting back from holidays, food meal-wise is going good, but I keep going over my syns on treats, hoping for a STS this week & I'll keep with-in the allowance for the rest of the week.

Back