New to SW with a lot to lose

erniebert

Hi everyone!!

As my title says I'm new to Slimming World - started last week and finding it great how flexible it is! I had a lot of success a few years ago with the old WW system but when they changed to propoints I just couldn't get my head around it and so needed a change. I'm doing SW online so I don't have much of a support system outside family and that's why I joined so I could chat to other people on the same journey as myself.

I got married on September 1st, and although it was the best day of my life I am a little annoyed with myself that I didn't take my weightloss more seriously beforehand, I kept losing 3 pounds, putting on 2, staying the same etc. Part of the problem was myself and my husband are very bad influences on each other! However since deciding we want to start a family asap we have a new purpose. Had a total blow out on honeymoon - ate whenever and whatever we wanted and now have loads of motivation to start eating healthily, losing weight, and getting ready for our much-anticipated baby whenever they decide to make an appearance.

In total I have about 10 stone to lose which sounds a bit scary so I'm breaking it down with mini goals. We are going away for Christmas so my first goal is to lose 2.5stone by Christmas. That sounds quite high but I reckon I'm going to lose a lot at the start as a lot will just be the honeymoon weight coming straight off again

I'm looking for a SW buddy, preferably someone who has a similar amount to lose - someone I can swap recipes, ideas and have a bit of a moan with if we need to.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay lol - thanks for reading :eek:)

Hi Earniebert,
Welcome, congratulations on your marriage.
I am also doing SW on line so happy to chat about the pros and cons. There's plenty of supportive chatty people on the site with different forums and topics so no need to feel alone. All the best with your goal for Xmas. Have a look at the different topics, there is a forum counting down the days to Xmas to stay on track.

Back