New to the forum from USA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robbierob, 13 July 2008 Social URL.

1. robbierob

robbierob Member

Basic diet and exercise
    Hi! Just getting started and need to lose between 30 and 50 pounds (please excuse my ignorance of what a stone is as I am from the USA):eek: I have read a few of the success stories here and am amazed and inspired by your will power. I started out in early 2003 joining a gym to lose the extra 20 pounds I couldnt lose after the birth of my 2nd child. I started dieting and doing cardio and weight training on mothers day 2003 and by october 2003 I was down to 118. Unfortunately I was offered a job at the gym managing the nursery...needless to say when I was not working, I did not want to be there. I not only put back on the 20 pounds I had lost but I packed on about 20 additional pounds on top of that...most of the trainers at the gym ate worse than I did but they trained and worked out while getting paid and I sat in a nursery watching children:break_diet:and eating snacks
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

hey hon. welcome and good luck!! what diet are you wanting to follow? everyone here is so supportive. you'll get to your goal in no time :D

abz xx
  4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hey hun, welcome to mini's. best of luck to you. 14lbs is one stone. loads of advice and support on here, any questions just ask away :)

becky xx
  5. robbierob

robbierob Member

Basic diet and exercise
    thanks for the support abz and Becky

I just cut calories, salt and sugar intake and exercised 5 days per week. Lots of counting and food journaling...but I think I needed more variety of food and I have twice as much to lose
    Last edited: 13 July 2008
  6. abz

abz Gold Member

well good luck with it :)
  7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Welcome robbierob. We love getting members from the USA. Let us know if we can help you. Good luck

There's 14 lb in a stone

Irene xx
  8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  9. Wilualison

Wilualison Full Member

I am only on this site and few days and the help and advice has been FANTASTIC!!
    best of luck on your weight loss journey!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.