New to the forum! trying to find motivation!

Saizou

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum! Been on this diet for about 2 months now. Started on the 25th June 2012. I've been trying to be good but its a huge struggle for me as I really love carbs! Rice, noodles, pasta, potatoes, bread, cakes... you name it, I love it!

But since I've started on this diet, the weight has been melting away (I've also started going to the gym).

My problem is that I think I've started to plateau. With no change to my routine(no carbs, no sugar and gym 2-3 times a week), I've ceased to lose any more weight and in fact I've crept up 1kg. What's worse is that I've fallen off the bandwagon and eaten an entire orange even though I know fruits are not allowed during the cruise period.

I really really want to lose the last 10kg but it seems like an uphill battle because I don't think increasing my exercise regime is feasible at this point in time and I find it increasingly tough to avoid sugary stuff... T_T

Hi Saizou,

For how many weeks have you not lost any weight, and how much weight have you lost altogether?

I think we all have wobbly moments, so eating an orange is actually pretty restrained!!

Welcome to the forum :D

We've all been there.
''Plateau'' is just that - a short period of time your body need to adjust!
It is normal and it goes away.

Hi, thanks for the replies.... well, eating an orange was only the tip of the iceberg.... yesterday(after the orange), for dinner, i went crazy... had roasted duck, fried cheese stick (1), escargots, and fried chicken wing. I cannot do moderation very well. I tend to be unstable for a while right after I fall off the bandwagon...so I'm doubly afraid of falling for temptation. =(

I started at 72kg, height of 152cm. That's a BMI of 31.2 (because I'm so darn short)After about 7 weeks, I lost about 10kg. But this last week has been quite bad. I've gained 2kg. And what I'm afraid of is that I'll continue to gain weight.

This forum has been helpful indeed, esp when I read about the success stories!! I'm doing a few days of pure protein to make up for this craziness and continue on with my Dukan journey!!!

Oh dear you do sound as though you are struggling.

Are you varying the type of food you eat or are you sticking to the same sorts of things all the time. i try to alternate chicken fish beef and mince. I now mince is the same of beef although sometimes the mince is turkey. But it does help with the cooking. I also include a lot of seafood in my diet. The only problem I have is veg, I love LOVE my salads and I have to make myself eat other veg every now and then.

Also are you having the correct allowances of brans. I have half my allowance with porridge in a morning and alternate days with muffins and bread with the rest of it.

Persevere hun, you may find that after a short while all of a sudden the scales move. Also do you weigh daily? I weigh every morning that way if I have a stall day or a gain I can think about what I ate the day before. I try to eat my supper around 9pm so its not too late in the day.

Hope some of this might help you x

I'm the same atm but I don't exercise and I've stopped eating as much protein, so I've answered my own question, keep with it like the girls have advised the scales will move, good luck and look forward to reading your diary when you start it xx

Back