New to vlcd - what do you tell your kids??? and tips for cooking...

dabihp

I told my dd's today that "mummy was trianign for a marathon and would be eating different food for a while to get her fit and healthy"

... maybe in like 8 months i can run one! lol, didjnt know what else to say...

Also how did you fnd still haivng to cook melaS?

today was okay, but i need to find quicker meals to cook so i have to spend less time doing it! also no tasting!! gonna be hard!!

Hiya Dabhip

My older two I explained that Mummy needed to lose weight quickly for her health, and she would be eating differently to them. They have been incredibly supportive through my ups and downs (12 and 9) and I thank God for them.

The youngest (3) generally doesn't notice. If I am on CD I sit and have my soup with them at dinner, and as long as she sees me eating, she doesn't care!! :cool:

As for the cooking, I find if I drink a cup of coffee and water while I'm preparing it's a lot easier. That, and my two 'watchdogs' who slap my hand if I reach for something I shouldn't!! :whoopass: :D

Hi dabihp,

I have no advice on what to tell the kids I'm afraid.

However, whenever I do have to cook I make sure that I have a glass of water within reach the whole time and if I am feeling particularly tempted slice up a bar really thinly and nibble on that instead. Also when you are cooking try to make things that you can package up and freeze for another day to save on the time you are cooking.

Good luck and stay strong!!

My son is only 20 months old but I make a point of letting him see me eat the bars. Who knows what they take in?
As for cooking food..my husband has never eaten so well. I love to cook for him. Not just that but I take real joy in making extra scrummy home cooked meals. I've turned into a real food perv!!!
Good luck with the diet.
Ceri

my daughter who is 7, asked me last week why i wasnt eating, before i got a chance to reply, my husbands carer said' your mum thinks that by starving hwerself she will get thinner and it wont work' i almost decked him there and then!:mad::mad::mad:

my 10yr old daughter announced "its not fair!! How come you can have milkshake for dinner and Ive got to eat vegetables!!
I explained to her that because I have eaten all the wrong foods and weigh nearly twice as much as I should I have got to have them and that I would much rather have her dinner than mine and that if she eats sensibly and stays active she wont end up fat and ashamed of herself like me.

Back